Driver Face Shaving Now Available - TSG Club Works

TSG Club Works is now offering Driver Face Shaving.

1. We are able to take conforming clubs and shave them to the maximum limit of conforming 0.83  ( nearly all drivers are not at this off the rack )

2. We are able to make your driver non conforming to the exact COR you request even 0.90+  We can also make suggestions based on your driver swing speed and your the usual shaft flex you play.

3. After shaving the face we can also re-add the original face grooves ( additional cost )  these are removed fully or partially when we shave the face.

4. We can also refinish the drivers face back to it's original silver and also a black finish

5. We can also laser engrave designs onto the club face that are very detailed and beautiful

We do not have example photos yet because I am out of country but we are now able to offer this service.

** This will void any warranty **

Prices:

- Hi COR Modification - 350.00
- Restore laser emblem mark on face - 80.00
- Restore black finish face - 180.00
- Foam head - 80.00  ( new process )
- hot melt to precise locations ( new process ) - 30.00

To create a custom laser design on the face there is a fee of 300.00 + 80.00 but you only have to pay the fee once for that particular design as a setup fee.

Please contact [email protected] if interested.

This is the Tour pro service level. TM drivers in Tour have their face shaved up. This though will affect forgiveness. The flatter the face is the less forgiving it is but Tour pros like shaving as it makes club more workable. 

4 minutes ago, jimmieboi said:

This is the Tour pro service level. TM drivers in Tour have their face shaved up. This though will affect forgiveness. The flatter the face is the less forgiving it is but Tour pros like shaving as it makes club more workable. 

Ah yes I forgot it removes buldge/roll thanks for noting it.

On June 18, 2016 at 3:07 PM, jimmieboi said:

Tour Pros absolute Do Not have their Drivers shaved. In fact, most Tour Issued drivers stay within the 240 - 248 CT range to not even sniff the 257 max and run even a remote risk of their equipment being nonconforming. 

my friends have non conforming drivers and have noticed no dramas as far as any noticeable reduction in forgiveness.

1 hour ago, dickyfowler said:

my friends have non conforming drivers and have noticed no dramas as far as any noticeable reduction in forgiveness.

It's when you shave the face down from original is when you get a flatter face,  anyhow I am checking up with the processing co as to the amount that the  bulge and roll is affected.

6 hours ago, MahanFan said:

Tour Pros absolute Do Not have their Drivers shaved. In fact, most Tour Issued drivers stay within the 240 - 248 CT range to not even sniff the 257 max and run even a remote risk of their equipment being nonconforming. 

Yes they do. TM drivers are shaved. I know cuz I play with the tour pros and have hit their heads. The shaving is not to make it thinner but to have the face flatten for workability. They are 10000% shaved for the TM driver. Tour custom fit can do it without making it non conform. Very few fitting studio can do this as the yield rates to have a successful shaving without breaking it is low. 

if face is not flatten then forgiveness should be fairly the same. The point in shaving for the Tour is to have it flatten. Flattening the face removes gear effect from that head, thus less forgiving. 

Edited by jimmieboi

Update - New Option is Laser Milling Marks (similar to JBeam Blackout ) used to reduce spin and help with a wet ball or driver face.

• 1 month later...

The two most popular drivers customers are making high cor are the new 2016 Maxima D and the JBeam ZY-7.

I'm sporting a foamed non conforming ZY-7 myself right now.