R7 Tour Review

OK the Tour R7s have landed and I got mine this morning head not in the plastic and it was hit 1 or two rounds i will post pics tomorrow afternoon of it. The Driver is your typical feeling Taylormade driver same as the 580XD in terms of feel. I hit about 3 large buckets of balls with it today and was overall very pleased with its performance. Its pretty long still not longer than the Cti but Id say its about the same distance as a TP. It was indeed very forgiving with off center hits high - low, heel - toe still moving well with not much of a sacrifice in distance. How hard is it to adjust the weights? I did all 4 in a little over 2 minutes, these screws were un strip-able by my hands and this club seemed very durable. The weight ports actually helped my ball flight getting the club back to square easier but it wasn't the cure to turn my fades into draws. It also brings a whole other mental aspect into drives, Does the weight adjustment make you subconsciously change your swing? I'm gonna have to take this to the course tomorrow for a bigger better review of it. But the R7 Quad MAX has been pre released in limited numbers starting today with its official release date in about 7 days from now.

It also brings a whole other mental aspect into drives, Does the weight adjustment make you subconsciously change your swing?

GREAT POINT Chris. I think that'd mess with my head. I'm a 'fiddler'. If something is adjustable, I'll keep adjusting it. I think this driver would cause my head more problems than it may be worth!!

Cris, what is the CTI you are refering too?

TaylorMade XR-05 CTi. Its got a composite top, as opposed to the all-titanium "regular" XR-05. They are all NON-conforming. Here's a pic from their Japanese website, which clearly shows the top.

h_xr50_intro_ctiimage.jpg

Oh, and Chris has it in his picture signature. It's the driver on the left.