Aldila NVS for Fairway woods... Tour Only til summer...

chisag

....the nvs is a perfect shaft for many of todays low spin fairway wood heads. those who have demoed or owned sonartec heads, know about the boring trajectories that run a mile but have a hard time carrying trees or hazards. v-steel, rescue mid tp’s, nike tour’s, nicklaus and several other demonstrate this same flight pattern. the real trick has been finding a shaft that launches higher without adding spin! the purple ice is a good example and one of the few to fit the bill. but it is also very low torque and difficult for many with slower swing speeds or inconsistent swings.

... enter the aldila nvs, formerly called the “amber r&d” shaft. i have found this to be just what the swing doctor ordered for low spin, lower launching fairway woods. i think the feel of this shaft is the best in the game. on that alone, i wanted to like it better in my driver than the green nv, but it just had a little too much kick and height for my swing. others with slower ss have found it to be perfect for their drivers, tour players included.

...i wanted something in my 19* rescue mid tp that launched a little higher, but did not balloon. i have the hybrid nv 85 in my 22* rm and it works very well, nice mid high trajectory that i can keep down in the wind... but i still wanted one club that i could “carry” any and all trouble. the hybrid nv 85 did not give my that “extra” height i wanted for my one trouble club i could trust for shots over trees and to carry hazards fronting par 5 in two. the nvs 85 does... i hate to sound like an ad, but it really is perfect. the feel is extraordinary, silky smooth while maintaining a nice tight feel... smooth but not loose (like many have described a ys6) is a combo a lot of us have been looking for. this shaft head combo give me the best distance and ballflight combo i have run across.

...to be honest, i really do not like the look of the amber shaft against the black head. i have grown to love the look of the green nv, but don’t think i will ever love the amber/black combo. however, after 5 days of 36 a day, and relying on the 19* nvs combo as my money club, the cosmetics did not bother me at all. i have become quite used to it. and in the end, we are looking for performance first, aren’t we? sure it is icing on the cake to have it look good too, but ya can’t please all the people all the time.

...my second problem is length. the nvs 19* rm tp combo is so long, it makes my 16* tour rm with an nvs 75 unnecessary!!! actually a good problem to have. : ) ... i have pulled the nvs 75 and it is awaiting a 3 wood i can hit off the tee like a mini driver, or hit 2nd on a l-o-n-g par 5 with no trouble in front.

...the nvs is a must demo for low launching fairway woods. also perfect for those looking for more height without too much spin, or those with lower swing speeds looking for some more height AND distance..

...well the gea is my home. g.o. deserves the info as well, no use being a snob. and i am just gettin to know folks here, so i posted it to see what kinda response it gets...

... and i'm not working for aldila.

...yet.  ;  )

What's upppppppppppppppppppppppp? :)

J

ps: Are you an aldilla ho's now? :)

What's upppppppppppppppppppppppp? Are you an aldilla ho's now? :)

... just because i have an aldila Xtreme in my tp, a nv85 or nvs85 waitin for a 3 wood, an nvs 85 in my 19* rm tp, and a nv hybrid 85 in my 22* rm does not make me a ho!!! the ho'in comes naturally... : )

What's upppppppppppppppppppppppp? Are you an aldilla ho's now? :)

... just because i have an aldila Xtreme in my tp' date=' a nv85 or nvs85 waitin for a 3 wood, an nvs 85 in my 19* rm tp, and a nv hybrid 85 in my 22* rm does not make me a ho!!! the ho'in comes naturally... : )[/quote']

Ah I see! You don't even realise that you are a ho already! ;)

j

...well the gea is my home. g.o. deserves the info as well, no use being a snob. and i am just gettin to know folks here, so i posted it to see what kinda response it gets...

... and i'm not working for aldila.

...yet. ; )

Sam,

Hope you didn't get my post the wrong way. Didn't mean to offend you. Was just poking fun at you for your "reversed ho, coming out of the closet" behaviour. You know, I'm not a ho but I got to tell the entire online world how much I love these shafts ... oh, and look all my clubs got them installed ... what a coincidence since I'm really not a ho.

Btw, do you know when an alcoholic realizes he's an alcoholic??? When he stops drinking!!!!! Put yourself on a nv-diet and you'll know what I mean.

haribo