Z101 - Draw bias

pdt

Maybe the shorter shaft, but I wouldn't think the 1/4" would make that much of a difference. I've never heard of the z101's having any kind of bias, just a very workable cb. Also, TS clubs are 2* upright than the typical US Specs, so perhaps that has something to do with your approach to impact causing you to impart a draw spin on the ball?? :?

If the clubs are too upright, the ball will tend to go left; if the lie is too flat, the ball will tend to go right. The pro's recognize this: for example, in Darren Clarke's "What's in my Bag" interview in the April Golf Digest, he said his long irons were 3* upright to facilitate a draw and his short irons were 1* flat to make them easier to fade.

You can easily demonstrate why this is the case. Hold a pencil or something similar perpendicular to the center of the face of an iron. When the sole is flat to the ground, the pencil should point straight at the target when viewed from above. If you raise the toe off the ground and leave the heel down (which happens at impact with clubs that are too upright) the pencil will point to the left of the target. When you raise the heel of the club (club is too flat), the pencil points to the right. Strangely, some very skilled golfers believe that when a club is too upright or flat the heel or toe "catches the ground first" and turns the blade, causing the left or right ball flight, but that is nonsense.

The Z101's are easy to bend so go to a clubfitter and make sure they are the correct lie for you.

Jeff