What is the hottest U.S.G.A legal head???

TMJUNKIE

I"ve spent a ton of money trying to find a driver to beat what i"m hitting.Since late last year i"ve been hitting a 10 degree purefit at 45 inches and a D-5 swing weight with a graffaloy blue shaft. I don"t know if you know what a purefit is i"ve seen no one post about it. All I can tell you is it has a sp-700 titanium face and go to purefitgolf.com. What I can tell you is it put to shame the TP 510, alpha c830.2, 983k, la jolla 350, callaway fusion, and my latest buy the ignite. All of these were taped up to D-5 swingweight and had the same blue shaft. Give me some incite on what I should try next.

Don't know what you mean by hottest. All the heads that meet maximum COR limits are equally "hot." Your total distance may vary depending on the weighting characteristics of the club, its loft, your shaft choice, and your swing (and how well these things work together), but I honestly don't think any one driver is "hotter" than another.

correct, the max COR has been met for 99% of the drivers out there. The only thing you can tweak now is weighting, loft, shafts, your swing, I suggest hitting a launch monitor and getting fitted. It takes all the guess work out of it and it'll maximize your distance.

I think what most manufacturers are going for right now is a way to enlarge the sweet spot by ways of strengthening the face. That used to be their bottleneck in forgiveness. It's like, Yeah, the max COR is achieved, now let's have that over the entire face, not just a little spot.

Sorry for being unclear. The question I was trying to get across is set up to the same specs what head is going to carry the ball the farthest.

It seemed to me that you were quite clear and they answered your question the way I would have as well.

There is no such thing as "the hottest driver." There is such a thing as "the hottest driver for you" based on your swing characteristics. The only real way to determine it is with actual numbers.

Sorry for being unclear. The question I was trying to get across is set up to the same specs what head is going to carry the ball the farthest.

It seemed to me that you were quite clear and they answered your question the way I would have as well.

There is no such thing as "the hottest driver." There is such a thing as "the hottest driver for you" based on your swing characteristics. The only real way to determine it is with actual numbers.

I agree with this. There really isn't any such thing as "set up to the same specs", because we all swing different. There is going to be shafts that work better for some swings and not for others. Too personal.