FORGED - Mizuno vs. Titleist

Mikey

IMO anything Mizuno has put out with the "Grain Flow" just does not have the same buttery feel as the older models. I have not hit a better feeling forged club than the retail MP-29's and TN-87's period. Someone said earlier that the Tittys are inconsistant from model to model. I would agree with this. I believe the 690, 680 and 670's all are forged by Endo. I have only hit the 690's and thought that they felt decent. IMO the best feeling Titleist forging is easily the 681 done by Hoffman. I would give the nod to the earlier Mizuno forgings with the 681 not far behind.

I had Mizuno MP-33's and am currently playing 690.cbs and have had the no dots also.

I know what a knife cutting threw butter is when I'm having my morning toast but I still don't know what that feels like with golf clubs. The closest thing to butter IMO is the MR-23 US Spec blades.

After reading all the reviews on the MP-33's, I had to try them. I thought they were nice and felt sweet when hit solid. I actually shot 85 the first two times out of the box. Then the honeymoon was over. Too much of a penalty on mis**ts and the vibrations killed my wrists. Nice clubs for the consistent hitter of the sweet spot, not for me. I play for two weeks, then take two weeks off and in the summer, I've only played twice the past two years.

I had the 690 no dots and shot 82 first time out with those. They didn't feel as soft as the Mizunos on solid shots but on mis**ts they didn't vibrate either.

I have the 690 dots now with Project X 6.5, shot 82 today in windy conditions. These feel sweeter and softer than the no dots when hit solid and the mis**ts don't kill you either.

I would say the biggest difference is that the Mizuno's felt sweeter when hit solid and the Titleists are more forgiving.

Just my 2 cents

i would say neone using blades playing of a handicap of 5 or above is kidding themselves. god some most pros dont even use blades

You are blind if you think your handicap is based on your ability to hit a blade or not. What about the 10 hdcp that has single digit ball striking ability but can't make a 3 footer or hit a wedge or can't hit a fairway with his driver. You making this kind of statement without knowing the strengths and weaknesses of ones game is absolutely ridiculous.