Focus Points on Anser Putters

focuspoints.png

Most of us think an anser style putters are for the most part the same. I have been studying putter fitting and learned about visual focus points while at gauge Japan last week.

Here we have the top profiles for the Tour Zero, Tour One, & Tour Three in that order. Notice the Tour Zero has a smaller longer and thinner top line or focus point while the Tour One has a thicker focus area and the Tour Three has dual visual points, These are very important when picking a putter, what helps me figure out what i want is blurring my eyes during putts with a potential putter. The top line focus area should be the one that fits your eye and mind best, how do you know which one fits best? just ask your natural mind and the let your eyes decide. I try to forget what the putter looks like from all other angles and base my decision on which one looks the best first. Usually your first and fastest instinct is correct. This is taught to Pro's when they choose an anser style putter.

For me its the far left one by far! Looks perfect to my eye - the far right is awful and the middle is only so so. Newport 1 as opposed to Newport II guy am I :-P

I've wondered myself about this....... I've come to the conclusion that if it has a sightline I tend to focus on that, but if It has none I see the whole shape. My preference wanders between the two....... I don't like mallet putters personally because I find the shape too distractiing.

Im still learning this so I may be wrong but I gave the futura a try:

Untitled-320.png

Everyone's eye is different so i guess its individual but for the most part I think people focus on the top line of the face and somthing in the rear as a secondary focus point.