First R7 Tour sold....

kr0nik

Thats actually pretty good - the R510 Deep Face fetched a lot more initially and the 3G figure quoted by some is way off! phew - maybe I can afford one in a short period.

Considering the retail version is gonna sell for 600 and the TP for 1000 according to my latest golf mag, 1350 for a tour isnt too shabby.

Steve :D

If it retails for that much I may have to be hospitalized... I am the only golfer I know who will pay more than $200 for a club let alone $1000...

The TP will be in the $700 range. The tour version that sold for $1350 is well below the much-hyped $3000 price tag. I believe someone said the first Tour R7 will sell for $3G's "just wait and see". ;Eyecrazy So my statement of bargain basement price wasn't all tongue-in-cheeck.

I'm sure I'll get a TP version at some point. I still have a few hundred credit at the local Golf Mart. Wouldn't want it to go to waste. I only wish TM released new drivers every 90 days then I can have a new driver every 3 months using their exchange policy! Just kidding.

Considering the retail version is gonna sell for 600 and the TP for 1000 according to my latest golf mag, 1350 for a tour isn't too shabby.

The retail version in Jpn has a retail price of 80,000yen $780.00. my cost on the R7 Max is 50,900yen $490.00. The retail price of the TP in JPN will be 98,000yen with a cost of 56,000yen. What mag is this info from Zip? I doubt the U.S retail will be higher than the Japanese retail.

1300.00 isnt that bad for the first one sold, Im just happy someone was wrong about it going for $3000.00.

Considering the retail version is gonna sell for 600 and the TP for 1000 according to my latest golf mag, 1350 for a tour isn't too shabby.

The retail version in Jpn has a retail price of 80,000yen $780.00. my cost on the R7 Max is 50,900yen $490.00. The retail price of the TP in JPN will be 98,000yen with a cost of 56,000yen. What mag is this info from Zip? I doubt the U.S retail will be higher than the Japanese retail.

1300.00 isnt that bad for the first one sold, Im just happy someone was wrong about it going for $3000.00.

Not to upset anyone or cause business issues, but I am getting word that cost is lower. Like around $300 for the standard retail R7. Not sure on the TP. I will find out at the end of the week when I look at actual invoices. No, I do not work at a golf shop, but I once saw one on TV. :lol:

Not to upset anyone or cause business issues, but I am getting word that cost is lower. Like around $300 for the standard retail R7. Not sure on the TP. I will find out at the end of the week when I look at actual invoices. No, I do not work at a golf shop, but I once saw one on TV. :lol:

You are absolutely correct about the price being lower but retail and cost margins are both different in japan compared to the U.S. If cost was 300 in Japan that means the margin would be near 60% off of retail if it was 300.00. Now i don't doubt for a second that U.S cost should be around 300.00 that sounds correct but U.S retail will be abouts 200.00 less than japan retail so that sounds about right.

US Shops can only dream of Japan like margins for clubs. Here is another example of how tough the golf business is. Cost for the Cleveland Launcher is around $240. Suggested retail is around $475 which would suggest a healthy margin. But Launchers were never sold at that price upon release. Typical price now is $299 after briefly starting at $349. So at $50 net per club before expenses of a shop, how many Launchers can a shop sell to survive in the long run? Not enough.

Did Mr. Market Manipulator delete the thread because I do not see the thread at all for a sale of a R7?  How much was the price?  Who sold it?  Who bought it?

Yes, it was deleted. I don't know why.... :P I guess it was because it sold for $1350 shipped instead of the forecasted $3000. DemolitionMan sold it. Buyer was not mentioned. Although, I think I might now have a line on one myself for less than that. :wink:

Carl's Golfland here in SE Michigan (West Bloomfield location) has demo R7's (retail only) and is taking orders for the shipment they expect on June 1. None available to purchase, just demo clubs. Price is $499.99. They were not sure what the TP would sticker at, but expected it to be at $799 but did not expect the TP version until late July or even August.

I have not made it there yet to try the R7 but might have a chance next week.

Bill

Carl's Golfland here in SE Michigan (West Bloomfield location) has demo R7's (retail only) and is taking orders for the shipment they expect on June 1.  None available to purchase, just demo clubs.  Price is $499.99.  They were not sure what the TP would sticker at, but expected it to be at $799 but did not expect the TP version until late July or even August.

I have not made it there yet to try the R7 but might have a chance next week.  

Bill

Tried it there yesterday. Nice driver, but nothing to drool over. Really LOUD when you hit it. I liked both my 510TP and 983E Tour better, but I'll give it more time. With all the hype around the club I was hoping to like it less!