Sonartec NP-99 PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

Scooter321

I just bought a Sonartec NP-99 off ebay today and have the option to get either the 75R/S or 75S shaft (Aldila NV made for Sonartec). I am not sure which one to go with. I have a few questions and I would appreciate any answers and/or imput. Is the Aldila NV in the sonartec the same exact ones from aldila with just a different paint job (ie. will the 75S in the NP-99 play the same as a 75S from aldila directly)? Second, anyone with experience with either of these shafts I would like imput on how you feel they play and comparisons to other shafts/flexs (what would your flex be equal to in say a YS-7 for example). And my last question: my swing speed with my driver is about 103 MPH with a smooth tempo, I play a stock TP 757 Stiff flex in my 510TP and a YS-7 Stiff flex in my Sonartec SS-02 4 wood and Callaway Steelhead Plus 3wood (YS-7 Stiff)...based on that information which would you recomend (75R/S or 75S). By the way the shafts in my driver and fairway woods work great for me (the flex is good.

Any information would be greatly appreciated and I need it ASAP also...please get back to me as soon as possible and thank you soooo much in advance!!!

Greg

I found that the shaft made for Sonartec is like the Speeder made for Titleistin comparison. It has the name but, not the performance. Definately not the same shaft as the true NV. If you have the choice go with the actual Aldila NV and not the one made for Sonartec. You will be much happier. Hope this helps

I have both an aldila nv 65 in my launcher 400 and a NP-99 with an aldila nv 65 in the same flex. The folks at sonartec tip the shafts as suggested by aldila unlike Taylormade who do not tip their shafts. Both clubs have same feel and boring trajectory given their different lofts. To be honest, the only difference I see in these shafts compared to others is they have a tighter feel during the swing and offer a more boring trajectory with less ballooning. Other than that, the same as any old shaft. I have an identical SS as yours and play a regular flex. If tipped properly, they play pretty firm. Both mine cycle between 250-255. Hope this helps.

Jason

I dist. Aldila and also have a np 99 in stock. Defintely the np shaft is an NV. Their tour dept. told me the r/s is a nv made for sonartec. It can be duplicated by tipping the r flex 1/2" more.They wanted the in between flex.This shaft preforms very well for a SS of 105 mph. Faster than that use the pure stiff NV.

BEWARE OF NV PAINT SCHEMES THOUGH; as the new Adams ovation line of FW are not NV's but have the same color paint and are made by Aldila as well.

scooter,

got the np-99 15* with blue nv75 stiff flex. plays just like it's green brother. made a 3wd up for a friend - nv 75(green) and the np-99 with the blue nv75 feels and plays out the same. now the r/s combo shaft is a nv shaft but correct not the same.. get the stiff nv and not the combo flex-you should be able to hit it very well considering what you have liosted as clubs and shafts combo's.. by the way the np-99 hit very well. before i had the ss-03 15* and the np gives me a little higher launch but still a very penetrating ball flight. ken

I just bought the NP from a fella on this site. I have it in the R/S NV75 and love the feel of the club, but

Im not as happy as I thought I would be with the trajectory. Im hitting to low of a ball. Im hitting it about 250+ but I need a higher flight. I'm wondering if the 15 degree wouldnt have been better with the R shaft. Im going to continue my hunt for the perfect three wood. :-) Later, G