Japanese are Modifying the R7

In a recent weekly golf mag it shows the Japanese gluing Turbo Rubber

(same as ViQ & percussion Instruments) to the insert end of the weight screw. It is very easy to do but must be done with a very strong epoxy or glue because the rubber could fall off in the head, If that does happen just remove the shaft and it will fall out. From what was translated this process gives the R7 a muted feel and absorbs vibration. I am going to take pics when I try it on my retail R7 and post it. For now I must search for the rubber but the feedback from the magazine was extremely positive taking the best aspect of the ViQ and applying it to the R7.

In a recent weekly golf mag it shows the Japanese gluing Turbo Rubber

(same as ViQ & percussion Instruments) to the insert end of the weight screw. It is very easy to do but must be done with a very strong epoxy or glue because the rubber could fall off in the head, If that does happen just remove the shaft and it will fall out. From what was translated this process gives the R7 a muted feel and absorbs vibration. I am going to take pics when I try it on my retail R7 and post it. For now I must search for the rubber but the feedback from the magazine was extremely positive taking the best aspect of the ViQ and applying it to the R7.

is this legal?

It's a great concept, rather it's legal or illeagal. I can't wait for the pictures. Thanks Chris

I haven't had the time to do this yet but here is what it looks like the process is from the tiny pics:

1) remove screws

2) cut out tiny rubber pieces from this blue rubber about one CM long and the size to super glue / epoxy to the end of the weight.

3) let it dry add a little more glue to double hold it

4) put the weights back in.

I figure its for a more muted sound.