What do you drink after a round?

I was just wondering whether I am the only one who likes to take a swag after a round. After a good round I go with the rewarding macallan. After a poor round lagavulin makes it better. After an average round I go with a stella artois. My pals always tell me I am the only golfer who drinks after a round. I tell them one of my favorite quotes from Thomas Love Peacock " There are 2 reasons for drinking: one is, when you are thirsty, to cure it; the other when you are not thirsty, to prevent it". Please say it aint so that I am the only one.

My favorite now is Arrogant Bastard Ale or Ruination Ale from Stone Brewery. I like most of the brews from Stone Brewery because of the flavor. When I was in Germany I liked the Helles type beers from the Bavaria. My favorite was Andechs which I still think of as the best beer ever made.

Nice taste you have indeed...when I was a drinkin' man a nice single malt scotch, neat would be the choice..Glenfiddich, Glenlevit...one of the few drinks worthy of taste alone rather than effect..you, sir, are not alone rather a beacon of quality in a room of bud light consuming fireflies :cool:

When I still inbibed many a time a lot of Molson Canadian ( which is a lager ) went down the old throat . Didn't matter how I played . Good , bad or whatever .

In Germany my beer of choice was Alperbacker Klostierbrau. Hard to write even harder to say :laugh:

After any round I like a nice thick pint of Guiness to clarify all the hard work I did. :beer2:

I hate that it is pasturized but I usually get over it.

My wife did a lot of travel for her last job and went to Germany often, she was always able to sneak me back some great German creations.

In my book it can be considered "Best in the WORLD"

:beer2:

• 2 months later...

AA - you are a man's man for drinking Guinness, I can't get that stuff down. My post round favorites are as follows:

Rolling Rock or RR Green Light (From Latrobe - Arnie's neck of the woods)

Molson Light

Red Stripe

Miller Lite (Brewed in Wisconsin aka greatest state ever)

New Glarus Spotted Cow (If you haven't tried it, try it)

Canadian Club, Clan MacGregor, Dewars, or Cutty Sark & soda

Lemon Lime Gatorade (This applies only if I just got done with 18 and want to go another 18 in the afternoon)

Godfather,

My friends are always busting my "chops" about drinking during the round. I have a few with them after the round, sometimes I start on16 or 17 and hang out for a while but I never start on#1.

I have to remind them that I am single and they are a part of my saturDAY. I usually go out that night while they retire to the wife and kids. :tired:

So you know what I say to them as I kick their asses.... :-)

BTW, I drink cold beer.....

LOL!!!

• 1 month later...

Drink after a round, of course, Stella's a good choice and so isn't Sierra Pale Ale. Sam's taught me the enjoyment of Makers or Knob with a twist. Further more, I sometimes drink "BEFORE" a round, I mean, what the hey! I usually only drink when I'm alone or with someone.

Latta Guys :cool:

Bud Fullers ESB Sierra Nevada Summer Fest

Labatts Blue Guiness Stout Anchor Steam Liberty Ale

Modelo Especial Rogue Dead Guys Wisconsin Belgian Red

Corona Rolling Rock Stone Ruination IPA

Pacifico Victory Wheat Hoegaarden Original White Ale

These beers represent some of my favorites, there are many more not listed.

I've never met a beer I did't like. :laugh:

Further more, I sometimes drink "BEFORE" a round, I mean, what the hey! I usually only drink when I'm alone or with someone.I've never met a beer I did't like. :laugh:

Before during and after :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

After the round it's quite rude not to invite yourself and your party in the clubhouse for a couple of Cold Adult Beverages !! :laugh: I prefer Miller Light - 96 Calories you know, Got to keep that shoulder turn around the love handles !! :cool:

:naka: :mizuno: :hogan: :beer2:

A Nice Boddington or Brooklyn Brown allways fair well.

I played in Vermont over the summer and had this beer call Magic Hat #9.

Tasty stuff.