Need advice on Purchase of Tourstage Z101's

andre2you

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey - last time - I don't care if they have copper or not; I do not think they are better or worse whether they have it or not; in no way will it affect my play. I never said they were better than anything else. I said my irons have a copper underlay. You - the "charter dealer" - doubted this. Good for you. Next time know your facts before you post. Like you said, you are not very familiar w/ the Tourstage line. So why post that it is "unlikey" that they have a copper underlay? It seems this came up recently with you on some Fuji shafts as I recall - the same products you are apparently a "charter dealer" of. I'll be sure and call you when I need one.

Joey - last time - I don't care if they have copper or not; I do not think they are better or worse whether they have it or not; in no way will it affect my play.  I never said they were better than anything else.  I said my irons have a copper underlay.  You - the "charter dealer" - doubted this.  Good for you.  Next time know your facts before you post.  Like you said' date=' you are not very familiar w/ the Tourstage line.  So why post that it is "unlikey" that they have a copper underlay?  It seems this came up recently with you on some Fuji shafts as I recall - the same products you are apparently a "charter dealer" of.  I'll be sure and call you when I need one.[/quote'] If that is the case why you are being so touchy.

For fact, for sure i know enough about Tour Stage line more than most people out there and I will make sure that the next Z101 that i work on, i'll verify it.

My dealership has nothing to do w/ copper underlay that you are so touchy about. If you read them w/ your copper eyes probably you will understand better the whole story on what you called "recently".

The next time you call me make sure you'll mention all this stuff, so i know how to "take care" of you. I'm pretty sure you need more that one.

...bridgestone does not use a layer of copper plate on their retail irons. if you 'custom' order a set of z101's in satin - they won't come from the forger that way. bridgestone will either use some raw heads they have on stock and send to a local plater - or they will take finished(polished chrome) heads and send them to a local plater and have them stripped and re-plated. my money is on the second scenario - the plater used a build-up of copper to get the head weight up...using copper with regard to forged irons is 'highly' over-rated. it is not an additional charm to hang on a 'tour bag' bracelet...

e

"charter 'copper-underlay' dispeller"

;)

hey - joe

...bridgestone does not use a layer of copper plate on their retail irons.  if you 'custom' order a set of z101's in satin - they won't come from the forger that way.  bridgestone will either use some raw heads they have on stock and send to a local plater - or they will take finished(polished chrome) heads and send them to a local plater and have them stripped and re-plated.  my money is on the second scenario - the plater used a build-up of copper to get the head weight up...using copper with regard to forged irons is 'highly' over-rated.  it is not an additional charm to hang on a 'tour bag' bracelet...

e

"charter 'copper-underlay' dispeller"

;)

hey - joe

E,

You are giving out to many of our secret! :)

Joe

wow I'm missing the action....

Copper underlay or not...I can tell you that the satin finish on those Z101's in beautiful, but it shows the signs of being "refinished" not that it's a bad thing..I have some proto tn-87's in satin..shows the same fine sand lines or "brush" look.

my 2cents is in..................

sigh.

look at forgedcbuser's pictures of his satin z101's from a couple weeks ago. that's what 'straight from the factory' satin would look like and it's typical of the tourstage satin look. very different from mcsub's - though both looks sweet, they are obviously different.

has anybody pointed out yet that forgedcbuser's satins have the bead blasted stripe on the back, while mcsub's do not??!!?? that would be my first clue that this was a one off job.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/modules.php?na...=asc&highlight=

So which iron was chip and show the copper?

Joe: Go back a couple of pages and look at my posts. I posted the photo in this thread. MCSub sent the photo to me to post.

Jim

Jim,

I saw that picture and that picture was the reason i post a reply on this but obviously mc sub being a little to touchy. If you look at my first reply, did I said anything bad or good about it or degrading?

Not that i know of, I was just sharing my experiences.

I will post on a different thread if you want to hear the whole story again about why they've used copper underlay back then.

joe

sigh.

look at forgedcbuser's pictures of his satin z101's from a couple weeks ago. that's what 'straight from the factory' satin would look like and it's typical of the tourstage satin look. very different from mcsub's - though both looks sweet, they are obviously different.

has anybody pointed out yet that forgedcbuser's satins have the bead blasted stripe on the back, while mcsub's do not??!!?? that would be my first clue that this was a one off job.

Now that is a good investigator!

Joe :)

The reason is that someone here in this forum members was rip off by someone buying a new satin finish X Blade and have them blue printed also ( not by me ).

Turn out to be that the club was refinish and sold as brand new plus added BS behind it.

Off course he didn't bought it from this forum.

And if tell you the price he bought them for, etc, you 'll flip!

I'm not going to say who, i will let him come out and say it himself on what is going on.

Cheer!

Joe

wow I'm missing the action....

Copper underlay or not...I can tell you that the satin finish on those Z101's in beautiful, but it shows the signs of being "refinished" not that it's a bad thing..I have some proto tn-87's in satin..shows the same fine sand lines or "brush" look.

my 2cents is in..................

BINGO! :)

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/modules.php?na...=asc&highlight=

So which iron was chip and show the copper?

Joe: Go back a couple of pages and look at my posts. I posted the photo in this thread. MCSub sent the photo to me to post.

Jim

Jim,

I saw that picture and that picture was the reason i post a reply on this but obviously mc sub being a little to touchy. If you look at my first reply, did I said anything bad or good about it or degrading?

Not that i know of, I was just sharing my experiences.

I will post on a different thread if you want to hear the whole story again about why they've used copper underlay back then.

joe

Nah, it's ok. I know some of the story behind these and although I agree the finish is different, I think these were, in fact, done at the TourStage factory. They were done to complete existing orders as this set was one of the last to come out of the factory with this finish. A very limited number. :) That's why there are some minor differences in the finish. But, great irons nonetheless and absolutely collectors items in every way. The Z's, in my opinion, are one of the best irons out there and these (MCSubs) are classics. I wish he would sell them to me! They will always hold their value.

sigh.

good eye on that turbo.

not to say that his were not factory,

i do think the clubs still look pretty damn good w/out the tell-tale stripe.

Joey,

Thats a good looking club, very clean lines, What model is it?

Ray Floyd edition.

joe

i have the same CB? that i use in my combo set.

i thought they were called "NA Tournament" model?

guess i'll take your word for it...

You are right! but they are well known for a Ray Floyd edition more due to his long time affair on this particular model.

joe:)

The reason is that someone here in this forum members was rip off by someone buying a new satin finish X Blade and have them blue printed also ( not by me ).

Turn out to be that the club was refinish and sold as brand new plus added BS behind it.

Off course he didn't bought it from this forum.

And if tell you the price he bought them for, etc, you 'll flip!

I'm not going to say who, i will let him come out and say it himself on what is going on.

Cheer!

Joe

Interesting, inquiring minds want to know the whole nine yards

just wondering if you guys could help me choose on a set of tourstage irons.  I am debating over ts-201 or z101.  could you pls. post your thoughts and comments about these irons.  I am currently playing with 690.cb, I am happy with them however looking for something different. thank you guys in advance.

The z101 sets up and plays very much like a blade. It's a true "players" CB, mid to high trajectory and very good feel. I find them forgiving. Others say not so much.

The TS-201 are more of a true CB. They are a little bigger, have a little more offset, and higher hitting. They feel nice but not in the category of Z101, MR23, or even the TS202.

The 202s are getting more play than the TS201s. You might want to check 'em out . They look very similar to the Z101 but are more forgiving, yet they retain excellent feel and workability.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Dwayne