Need advice on Purchase of Tourstage Z101's

andre2you

Let me put this one to rest guys. The Z101s (or at least the brushed ones I have) absolutely have the copper underlay, because I can see it in various spots around the hosel and one other spot on the toe of one of the irons. I am not an authority on the Tourstage line, but my brushed Zs definitely have the copper underlay.

The brushed are the same as the chrome. Thanks MC

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me put this one to rest guys. The Z101s (or at least the brushed ones I have) absolutely have the copper underlay, because I can see it in various spots around the hosel and one other spot on the toe of one of the irons. I am not an authority on the Tourstage line, but my brushed Zs definitely have the copper underlay.

Good to know....Thanks.

Jim, I wasn't questioning you on the information. Sorry if it seemed that way. I was just saying that that information was news to me. I've reshafted them to the DGs yet but now I'm pretty sure the difference in feel between my 2 sets was the shaft.

excellent.

that's what i thought when i got my satins and just took his word for it.

Good to know....Thanks.

Jim, I wasn't questioning you on the information. Sorry if it seemed that way. I was just saying that that information was news to me. I've reshafted them to the DGs yet but now I'm pretty sure the difference in feel between my 2 sets was the shaft.

Dwayne, Don't worry bud. I know we are all trying to get to the truth here. I wanted to know for sure as well. Hope your Thanksgiving is the best ever and you're a good guy to have around here, that's for sure. :D

Good to know....Thanks.

Dwayne, Don't worry bud. I know we are all trying to get to the truth here. I wanted to know for sure as well. Hope your Thanksgiving is the best ever and your a good guy to have around here, that's for sure. :D

;color_ Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

You know the more pics of these I see, the more I think I want them. I am looking for a blade, with a bit of forgiveness. Seems like these look as good, if not better than most blades + have the added amount of forgiveness. does anyone know how easy it is to get these custom? as in 5 iron at 38.375" or so.

You know the more pics of these I see, the more I think I want them. I am looking for a blade, with a bit of forgiveness. Seems like these look as good, if not better than most blades + have the added amount of forgiveness. does anyone know how easy it is to get these custom? as in 5 iron at 38.375" or so.

Easy to get. You might not want to get the work done by TourStage. In fact, I bet Joe Kwok here could get them for you as well. Joe's email is [email protected]. He absolutely does the best work.

I almost never saw any new forged club that i worked on have a copper underlay anymore. I can see it when i clean up the gunk in the hosel w/ my steel brush if there is copper ( like TN 87 ).

The yellowish color is most likely a nickel or watt nickel under the chrome, not copper. Copper is more redish color compare to nickel. I can almost guaranty you guy that 99.9% has no copper unless there are one out the refinish or special order but I doubt it.

Who ever said first, for sure that is only a bad hype to stir the crowd a certain way.

Hope this clear some of the air!

just my 2 cent!

Joe

I almost never saw any new forged club that i worked on have a copper underlay anymore. I can see it when i clean up the gunk in the hosel w/ my steel brush if there is copper ( like TN 87 ).

The yellowish color is most likely a nickel or watt nickel under the chrome, not copper. Copper is more redish color compare to nickel. I can almost guaranty you guy that 99.9% has no copper unless there are one out the refinish or special order but I doubt it.

Who ever said first, for sure that is only a bad hype to stir the crowd a certain way.

just my 2 cent!

Joe

Hey Joey... any chance this makes the .1% you speak of? This is my 4 iron and it sure looks like copper to me.

I ordered a custom set of 101s through an ebay retailer. 1 up and .75" over (5 iron is at 63* and 38.5"). I paid less than $650 for 3-pw and received them in only a week. Work was done well, I'm really happy with them.

Ok today I went an hit the Mizunio PM-30's. Sweet club, I hit other clubs, Tltleist 690.cb.'s and the Hogan Apex (The Mizuino's felt better). Now I know I said that the Z101's were for me but I haven't hit them and there is no dealer in the Chicagoland area (that I can find) that have them. So before I plunk down almost 700.00 for a new set with rifle 6.0 shafts can anyone compare the Z101's to the Mizunio MP-30's. I don't want to seem wishy-washy but I want to make the right decision. When I hit the Mizunio's I was at Golf Galaxy hitting into the simulator, since I go there often I know how the sim equates to my swing and distance. For instance I demoed my 983K w/YS-6 shaft plus others and the sim registered straight or draw 240-250 (In reality I hit the ball same direction but 30 yards farther on the course. When I hit the 6 iron (Mizunio) DG S300 it went 175 (average, straight or slight draw, standard lie and loft) with a smooth swing. So any additional input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ok today I went an hit the Mizunio PM-30's. Sweet club, I hit other clubs, Tltleist 690.cb.'s and the Hogan Apex (The Mizuino's felt better). Now I know I said that the Z101's were for me but I haven't hit them and there is no dealer in the Chicagoland area (that I can find) that have them. So before I plunk down almost 700.00 for a new set with rifle 6.0 shafts can anyone compare the Z101's to the Mizunio MP-30's. I don't want to seem wishy-washy but I want to make the right decision. When I hit the Mizunio's I was at Golf Galaxy hitting into the simulator, since I go there often I know how the sim equates to my swing and distance. For instance I demoed my 983K w/YS-6 shaft plus others and the sim registered straight or draw 240-250 (In reality I hit the ball same direction but 30 yards farther on the course. When I hit the 6 iron (Mizunio) DG S300 it went 175 (average, straight or slight draw, standard lie and loft) with a smooth swing. So any additional input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just get them from a place that will give you a 30 day playability guarantee. http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/produ...ATEGORY_ID=3746 You probably won't be returning them anyway! :lol:

Thanks

I thought the MP30 were a little high hitting, light and crisp feeling. Not bad at all but not the silky smooth, solid feel of the Z101s--or the MR23s for that matter.

I hit an MP30 6 iron one month ago on DGS300. At that time, alternating between it and my TA7, I was not impressed enough to consider a change. After toggling yesterday between the TA7 and the Z101 7 iron, there is no doubt in my mind that the Z101 is the best iron I have hit. I doubt I would feel differently if I had the chance to hit them both at the same time.

Well, I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. I have ordered my Z101's w/Rifle 6.0 shafts (they should arrive in about a week). I hope there will be more days like today so I can goto the Driving range and hit these puppies. So now I need to replace my Hogan wedges I will be looking at Scratch or Zodia. Any other suggestions?

just my 2 cent!

Joe

Hey Joey... any chance this makes the .1% you speak of? This is my 4 iron and it sure looks like copper to me.

From the picture, by the toe...it shows a brush/satin finish. Are you sure that this is a factory finish not "refinish" heads? I haven't seen a satin finish 101 yet. Plus the bead blast finish does not look the original factory bead blast to me.

look ! I'm not trying to say that yours is not. I don't have enough experiences w/ 101 yet. If it does, good for you. The next work on 101..i will make sure that i will double check and scrap the corner of the inner part of the hosel to see the copper underlay.

When, where and who did you bought them from? Did you bought it new or used? Bridgestone original satin finish is totally different than Iron factory satin finish, we all know this very well!

Joe

ps: attached picture is a satin finish most Japanese oem have. Brush before it's plated. So it will still show some glow compare to iron factory or Nomad (?) or golf works brushed after plating, so it won't show the glow anymore.

miura-cavity-back.jpg

Joey - my irons were ordered through an authorized Tourstage dealer. They were made at the TS factory in Japan. They are brand new. They took about 4 weeks to get. They were not made or simply "brushed" in the US. The were produced to my specs in Japan. They have the copper underlay. This is what the factory rep told me. I don't know why you are so incredulous. This is what I have, believe it or not.

Joey - my irons were ordered through an authorized Tourstage dealer. They were made at the TS factory in Japan. They are brand new. They took about 4 weeks to get. They were not made or simply "brushed" in the US. The were produced to my specs in Japan. They have the copper underlay. This is what the factory rep told me. I don't know why you are so incredulous. This is what I have, believe it or not.

Sub,

I never said that i believe you or I don't believe you, i never said wether it's good or bad + I've never work on your Z101. So I have no way to verify them at this point. I'm here just telling every one what i know, not what i don't know...so people wouldn't get rip off easily. I'm not dead yet, so i will find more discovery in my life that i know nothing as of now.

Like i told you before, if it is... good for you! Me my self if you look at my signature, i'm playing w/ the unstamped TN 87 which well known for copper underlay in it. But if I tell you why they put copper and how they found out it's softer feel and not being durable enough because of the copper, You'ld probably think 5 times to say that i'm being incredulous.

I don't think I understand that i'm being incredulous, because i have nothing againts all this wether it's copper or not. I think you are just being to sensitive. Now if you look at your first reply to me, I think you are being sinistical, however I'm not to sensitve about it.

Again, Good for you if yours has a copper underlay on it and if you think that copper underlay is better than others.

Good luck w/ your Z101!

Joe

Joey,

Thats a good looking club, very clean lines, What model is it?

I had set of those last year... pretty nice sticks! Great feel, but i like my Miura 1005s more than those miuras. You can find that model on ebay but they are few and far between.

I've build 50-70 sets of this Miura heads and I've build quite a few of the 1005.

I must say that i agree w/ you 200%. :)

Joe