Fujikura Inside News

gxgolfer

The PGA Tour is in Greensboro, NC this week for the Chrysler Classic of Greensboro as the 2005 season heads towards the finish line. Fujikura has all but signed on the dotted line for its 5th consecutive title as #1 Driver Shaft and #1 Wood Shaft Brand on the PGA Tour. Last week’s Valero Texas Open saw 34 players with Fujikura shafts in their drivers and this week’s event in Greensboro saw Fujikura as the #1 Wood Shaft Brand and the #1 Driver Shaft with 33 driver shafts in play.

With more and more money available each week on tour, the importance of consistent equipment rises dramatically. On one side you have a guy playing for a winner’s check in excess of one million dollars, on the other side you have the guy standing over a shot that means breaking into the top 125 on the money list and securing a card for 2006 – something that can often be a whole lot more pressure filled than any particular check. Either way, for the last four years Fujikura has given the best players in the world the consistency they need and the peace of mind that comes with it to feel comfortable over the most important shots of their careers.

Another one bites the dust eh....

Fujikura are a super shaft , no doubt...however IMO there are better shafts (at least for me ) on the market....shafts with more feel, distance and equal consistency for example the diamana or the axiv. the reson these are not used as much....probably due to lack of advertising, lesser sponsorships.....

Personally i dont see fujikura holding on to this title much longer as technology is passing them by and newer firms....Mitzi, GD, Apache are taking shafts to the next level.

just hope fuji produce something from the top shelf to keep up!

agree they make some solid shafts and really may not need to change much.. the speeder line expanded to heavier weights and the new zcom line is for another type of player.. competition has just gotten caught up to them..

I agree with plus 1. Fuji's reign may be coming to an end. Tiger and Sergio are playing Diamana and dare I say it Michelle is playing Axiv.

• 3 weeks later...
The PGA Tour is in Greensboro, NC this week for the Chrysler Classic of Greensboro as the 2005 season heads towards the finish line. Fujikura has all but signed on the dotted line for its 5th consecutive title as #1 Driver Shaft and #1 Wood Shaft Brand on the PGA Tour. Last week’s Valero Texas Open saw 34 players with Fujikura shafts in their drivers and this week’s event in Greensboro saw Fujikura as the #1 Wood Shaft Brand and the #1 Driver Shaft with 33 driver shafts in play.

With more and more money available each week on tour, the importance of consistent equipment rises dramatically. On one side you have a guy playing for a winner’s check in excess of one million dollars, on the other side you have the guy standing over a shot that means breaking into the top 125 on the money list and securing a card for 2006 – something that can often be a whole lot more pressure filled than any particular check. Either way, for the last four years Fujikura has given the best players in the world the consistency they need and the peace of mind that comes with it to feel comfortable over the most important shots of their careers.

Allow me to give my 2 cents about this as fair as possible. :smile1:

Let's look at it from a product stand of view why all this company going after Fujikura (53 different kinds of shafts, 20 in Tour spec, Plus Vista tour series, Vista pro series, tour platform, Banzai, 904HB and off course tour issue shafts) and Let's look at it from what 757, six and pro 95 have done for the touring pro, how much money they make up this point w/ 757, six and pro 95?. I'm not saying other company don't. As we all know that GD made a good run at it too and now we started to see w/ a bunch new companies...But do we know how many % of this new company made the sale in the market? I can only tell you that this is a tough business to make it like what Fuji did in the US. Most of us probably didn't know that GD has a better sale in Japan than Fuji in Japan, However the biggest market is still in our US soil.

Do you know how many shaft company try to make a copy of 757 because of it's success? A ton!

It's all about business strategy here. Spend it on the right spot to get a return as high as possible.

In term which shaft is better, IMO if the shaft fitted properly...you'll get the best club periods. Now if we are talking to a club ho like you guys :love: , We are only talking about time...some of you in average switching shaft and club every 1 month, others might be in 6 months. Right? Today 757 is the best , tomorrow Tour AD and next month Axiv. :whistle:

From my stand point of view as a clubmaker, especially me! I have no problem handling any brands and fit customers any brand if that is really fit their swing, charracter and off course their wallet. However, i must say that is easier to fit a brand that has enough option to fit all kind of customers from all kind of level. You might think that I might pussed more Fuji, Who doesn't? if you have that much shafts to chose to fit a player, especially if you are a dealer. I have enough repeatable customers that know me enough how I fit them, but that doesn't mean that i can force them to speak out here. Most of them are just not comfortable enough to post on golf forums.

We are all the same in all kind of work, it's all about making money to feed the family. Off course some don't care how they do it and some do.

Again! Just my 2 cents!

joe

Allow me to give my 2 cents about this as fair as possible. :smile1:

Let's look at it from a product stand of view why all this company going after Fujikura (53 different kinds of shafts, 20 in Tour spec, Plus Vista tour series, Vista pro series, tour platform, Banzai, 904HB and off course tour issue shafts) and Let's look at it from what 757, six and pro 95 have done for the touring pro, how much money they make up this point w/ 757, six and pro 95?. I'm not saying other company don't. As we all know that GD made a good run at it too and now we started to see w/ a bunch new companies...But do we know how many % of this new company made the sale in the market? I can only tell you that this is a tough business to make it like what Fuji did in the US. Most of us probably didn't know that GD has a better sale in Japan than Fuji in Japan, However the biggest market is still in our US soil.

Do you know how many shaft company try to make a copy of 757 because of it's success? A ton!

It's all about business strategy here. Spend it on the right spot to get a return as high as possible.

In term which shaft is better, IMO if the shaft fitted properly...you'll get the best club periods. Now if we are talking to a club ho like you guys :love: , We are only talking about time...some of you in average switching shaft and club every 1 month, others might be in 6 months. Right? Today 757 is the best , tomorrow Tour AD and next month Axiv. :whistle:

From my stand point of view as a clubmaker, especially me! I have no problem handling any brands and fit customers any brand if that is really fit their swing, charracter and off course their wallet. However, i must say that is easier to fit a brand that has enough option to fit all kind of customers from all kind of level. You might think that I might pussed more Fuji, Who doesn't? if you have that much shafts to chose to fit a player, especially if you are a dealer. I have enough repeatable customers that know me enough how I fit them, but that doesn't mean that i can force them to speak out here. Most of them are just not comfortable enough to post on golf forums.

We are all the same in all kind of work, it's all about making money to feed the family. Off course some don't care how they do it and some do.

Again! Just my 2 cents!

joe

Words of wisdom from the master!!

Fujikura having PGA tour dominance for many years should tell you something and I don't think Fujikura pays anyone to use the product. 757, SIX and Pro 95 set the standard for excellence IMHO. The new Zcom series is money. I was just talking with Joe about the MW and BW series earlier today. Lots of tour players using these.

Granted there are other companies making high quality product. Accra, Mitsubihsi, Aldila etc but not one company has the breath of product like Fujikura. 53 shafts not counting all the tour only stuff. High, mid and lower end to fit any player.

I think Fujikura will continue to innovate and dominate the US PGA tour and the US market in general.

My .02