Gold´s Factory Putter & great TSG service

reapl

Chris, thank you for the great offer. It won´t be necessary to send me a backup putter, that would cause too much trouble and cost.

I´m working on something with Tario that hopefully will help. I will keep you posted.

You guys at TSG are great, I will be back as a customer for sure! Thanks again!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a side comment.

Only the highest grade stainless steel, one with a high Nickel content, will have a very high resistance to rust. I've never seen it happen, but I'm reasonably sure that given enough time and very bad use and conditions, it can happen. Stainless in the minimum grade Nickel content will eventually rust in a highly polluted acid rain environment or a marine environment. You can verify this by visiting the local yacht club. Lower grade stainless can be made more rust resistant but needs a smooth polish for that. This putter was milled so I'm thinking the stainless steel used might have been a lower grade but even unpolished, lower grade resistance to rust is considerable and this should not have happened except in a highly polluted atmosphere or a marine environment or both. That would be rather extreme.

Since the problem is a first for the club, it's possible the steel used was a lower grade that got past the inspector at manufacturing. I'm reasonably confident that the owner's use and care for the putter does not allow for the extreme abuse that would be necessary for the stainless to be made to rust. Proof of this is in many homes where there are old stailess clubs that have been heavily used. It's more likely that those spots are something else that we are unable to identify. For example, the thing has a gold color so there might have been a failure in the coloring process. Those spots look to be happening only in the lines or where the milling lines cross so it could also be an infection of lesser metals caused by the milling being done immediatly after doing some simple forged jobs.

I don't have the putter for inspection and even if I did, I don't have the expertise to judge by eyeball. I'm just guessing. The thing really needs to be sent back to the manufacturer as they also need to know how and where the failure happened.

Shambles

Edited by Shambles

First of all, thanks to the guys at TSG, they are great to deal with and very helpful.

Can´t you understand that I don´t want to be without my putter for a month in the MIDDLE of the golf season? I used this putter all year and am so confident with it that I would have to adjust to another putter, which isn´t really what I would like to do when there are matches to play for my team.

I understand... that's how I feel with my GF Putter. I'm so confident with it I know I make more Putts.....

One thing I'd like to add about the possibility of rust and the causes which is in know way the fault of the user or the maker.

Some of the fertilizers/chemicals used on the Golf course EAT finishes. Regardless of material. Compound that by putting a cover

over it... add some humidity...

Just sayin...

I had one of these putters, black translucent paint, no problems with paint or corrosion/rust spots.......

Sorry you are experiencing these problems, these are greatproducts made by a great cimpany supplied by a great retailer.

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

• 3 weeks later...

In what world does it cost $200 to ship a putter to Japan and back?

No one wants to have problems with an uber expensive ridiculously priced custom putter. The fact of the matter, though, is that if you want it fixed, you gotta give it up, even if it is in the middle of the season. So either use the putter until the off season when you can send it off, or send it off and use a ping anser putter (which is the same thing without the customization) for the rest of the season.

As a business owner and retailer, I think it is wrong to come and vent in a public forum unless you've been totally ignored or basically told to shove it by your dealer or manufacturer. It is obvious from this thread that the guys at TSG and GF are trying to help you, but you have to work with them. They can't ascertain or fix the problem unless they have the product in hand.

If you bought a Maserati and had a warranty issue, would you send them a couple of pictures of a failed part or a sound clip of a rattle from a loose exhaust component and expect them to just snap their fingers and take of it? No...you'd have to take the car to a dealer. Same applies for really spendy exotic putters.

In what world does it cost $200 to ship a putter to Japan and back?

Very possible. That means $100 each way. I have sent items to the US and they have cost an arm and a leg, sometimes more than $100 depending on where in the US.

For some reason sending the same item from San Francisco, CA to Cebu, Philippines is usually half the cost of sending the SAME item from Cebu, Philippines to San Francisco, CA..

Edited by xxio

I suppose that could be, but I routinely ship items all over the world and I can send a golf club from the US to about anywhere for less than $35 US. But if it really does cost that much overseas I suppose it could be true. At any rate the general premise of my post still stands.

Can you let me know what company you can use to ship a club to the Philippines for $35? That would be a great help.

USPS is the cheapest but is hit or miss on delivery times (sometimes 1 week-sometimes 3 weeks) and is a lot of customs work unless the shipper really does send the purchase receipt as proof.

UPS, FedEx are about $80-120 for a single club exclusive of duties..

as jeff said............................... fertiliser does eat finishes as i have found out ot my utter dismay...................!

i took my brand new refurbed mizzy out te day they sprayed the grounds...

next day... oh lord its rusted..!

gutted... i had to lightly sand it and drown it in sword oil.

stil ldidnt work.

im so dissapointed.

had no idea about that.

lifes like that tho.

did you try steelwool with liquid polish/cleaners like braso?

Or soak in coke? this should get rid of the rust... just my $0.02..

no.. but i will tonight.. cheers!

I have done that on my $20 putter not sure about yours Stew ;)

I have done that on my $20 putter not sure about yours Stew ;)

Based on drink cost to club value, Stew probably needs Kristal or something to that effect…

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for getting back to this thread after a long time. We had some family issues going on and I totally wasn´t thinking about thies for a while.

First I want to thank Tario and Chris again for offering the best service I have experienced so far. I will be happy to do business with them again.

As far as shipping cost go: I´m happy for some of you guys who can ship a club for less than $35 anywhere in the world, but I can´t. If you don´t have a business account it will be more expensive, add insurance for such an expensive club and so on... $200 was a guess, but I still stand behind that, it will be very close. Hell I just bought a set of irons from the UK and it cost 60 Pounds (should be more than $100) to ship them inside Europe.

I don´t think I´m out of line with this thread. Forums are not only there to praise the newest golf clubs and tell how great everything is. Before I started this thread, I tried to contact Tario, who wasn't able to answer me for some time. I then Just tried to get some second opinions on here. I was not trying to offend anyone or blame it on TSG. I think I said often enough how great the guys at TSG are, if anything this thread will make them look good. The issues with the putter weren´t caused by them, but they handled it PERFECTLY.

• 2 weeks later...

so..., what have u done , did u send it back ?

I agreed with Tario that we give it one more try without sending it back. He sent me some GF sword oil and I tried to polish the face as good as I can. You still see some very smallish spots, but it´s not that bad. If it´s not getting worse I will play it like that, if it will... I will have to send it back.

Another big "Thank You" to Tario and Chris, you guys are the best, I will be happy to do business with you again!

Would be great to see some pics...starting to become an epic thread:)

Would be great to see some pics...starting to become an epic thread:)

Will get some pics later.

I start to feel a little embarassed as this thread is getting so long. Hope everybody gets the positive from this thread.

In short: TSG / Tario / Chris: outstanding! GF: lovely putter! :)

nah man if they are there.... they are there.. end of chat.. these dont grow on trees and they are expensive so yes. if theres a manufact issue then i think uve every right if u got it from new.

chuckit back soon and miss the winter cold. have it ready for the masters !

but ot me it looks like a damn nice putter , the piccys dont show the rust.

Ok, I see it...HUGE brown spots. May I suggest you put it immediately on BST and suggest you put it up for half of what you paid for it.

Just please PM me 2 mins before doing so;)