Starting fresh and need a new setup.....

plus1

Hey Guys

After a four year break from golf, and from tourspec (sorry chris) I am back on the horse and starting to play again. I am looking to spec up a brand new bag of tricks that incorporate feel, workability, an element of forgiveness and that will have manageable shafts until I get back into the swing of things. Since I last was on the board it seems that there are soo many new brands out, most of which I have never heard of - so some advice and assistance on club choices would be appreciated......

In general I am looking for;

- Square face driver, traditional look, solid feel yet forgiving - 44.75" and a light mid torque shaft to help with some draw

- 3 wood that is forgiving as this is my worst club in the bag. Previously I had a PRGR spoon which I loved and this combined forgiveness and feel

- Utility - 18* and again something easy to hit

- Irons - I am looking for blades with an awesome forging, top class feel and not too difficult to hit - I have no idea on shafts

- Wedges - something workable

- Golds Factory Putter

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Plus1

For driver there are so many ryoma etc etc

But if you liked the emb you will like the ems.

Square , stealthy and more forgiving than the Pope!

They fixed the tin can sound of the emb. I have one for sale cheap!

For woods there many, I liked the egg but did not like the off the tee

Performance, I actually like the ryoma , was so fine that my dad snagged it from

Me.. Currently using yonex ezone 15 and couldn't be happier. Monster of the tee

And price wise can't be beat.

Hybrid, if you like hybrid hybrids RC tRC for driving irons srixon zut. I'm using the srix zut

And its my go to club on very tight holes. I highly recommend it.

Irons, many. Yonex ezones are good but epon may release some new blades as the aftours

Are almost 3-4 years old. I'm sure other blade users can chime in.

You've come back at such a good time. Jdm has never been this ood.

welcome back, Spoons recommendations are good. i would add RC TRC for utilitiies....nothing finer

wedges RC DB forgiveness and impressiv.e feel and looks.

Driver.... TS 707 adjustablility with ENDO forged feel

welcome back, Spoons recommendations are good. i would add RC TRC for utilitiies....nothing finer

wedges RC DB forgiveness and impressiv.e feel and looks.

Driver.... TS 707 adjustablility with ENDO forged feel

Ah one of my biggest regrets was selling my RC db protos. Wat was I thinking???

ZWan I hope your reading this:)

1W: Ryoma V-Spec w/ Crazy/Quadra/Basalius Shaft

3W: New Egg or ONOFF Type S FW w/ Crazy FW80 or Sigma

UT: ONOFF Type S UT w/ Crazy/Quadra UT Shaft

Irons: Epon AF-Tour ( New release is still a 1-2 years off ) or 2012 Romaro ( released late this month )

Wedges: Tuff selection here: Akira US Tour, Titleist Forged Vokey JDM, For your 59* You gotsta go ONOFF LaboSpec Shingo Wedge, Romaro also!

Putter: JDM Odyssey modded by Gold's Factory, or Gold's Factory Putter

driver--- ryoma 9.5 v spec

fairway... seems like the ryoma or the on off take the cake at the moment.

ute -- tm make an rbz which i hit and hit very wll and i cant hit utes!

or the onofff are great to play with the pentacross shaft.

failing htem the RC ive always found to be t extremely nice to play.

blades--- to be perfectly honest here. theres still nothing anywhere near as easy to play as the af tours. ive tried al lthe newwer baldes and the epons are streets ahead in EASE.

if u want something a little more scimitar esque. the yonex ezone are peerleess.

buth te differnce here is striking. nothing like each othe what so ever.

i think of my epons as a solid cavity, not a blade.

so so nice to play.

shaft em with NS super peening.

Damn, Plus1 it has been awhile for you. When I came onto this forum many years back, you were the man here! Welcome again.

Everyone's already given really good feedback and can't argue with many. Supo67 has hit just about everything there is, especially drivers.

The new Titleist-Japan Vokey Forged wedges are killer. I'm head over heals over my 46 and am getting a 62 which will replace my current Fourteen. The new Vokeys have different types of grinds given the loft of the club and it seems ingenious. Very accurate, great feel. Very interested in seeing how the 62 will compare my current Fourteen.

I've got a Royal Collection 56 though that is an ideal bunker wedge. The grind is great for that, but I can also open it up and play high, soft shot as well. That's a solid club in the bag. Really, really good wedge with ultimate feel and awesome performance.

As for fairways and utilities, I'm a Royal Collection guy at the moment. The TRC utility and VS Tour FW are two of my favorites. Best utility IMO (feel and performance). The VS Tour has the best feel I've ever had in FW but I think you'd find from many that its not the most forgiving.

Bagging TourStage X-blade 901's and I've been happy with them ever since getting them. Don't know too many others who play them or like them, so I'm not the best to ask there. Since the 901's I haven't seen a better blade out and with how they perform for me, I really haven't needed to look. Epon's are a sure bet for sure. However, if you wouldn't mind a cavity, the Yamaha's are top notch for sure. I'm finding KBS shafts to ideal, but I hear Shimada's are also worth a look.

Again, I don't change too much in the bag compared to others here. I've been very happy with most clubs in the bag, but you know how it is, always keeping one eye out for the next big thing.

blader, i bought the 2011 tourstage 905 blades reccently , they are a bit rounder than the 901, and a lot easier to hit.

bit moe soilid thrut he meaty centre and the shape of them is easier on the eye.

just in case u thinking of a new blade, i think ul lfind these agreat step up form the 901

same sort of feel but a bit oomphier now as they are thicker .

i love how TS doesnt put a new one out every yr, just when they make a new design improvement, which thee certianly are.

im getting mine reshafted with monacco now il be playing them this weekend first time.

prob the best loking of the new style baldes. and being TS well u know they are good.

Romaro is great for driver and iron. Basileus shafts are great they have several different characteristics for a precise fitting to your needs. Egg or Royal collection fairway woods are great. Egg is easier to get up in the air, but hard to keep the trajectory down off the tee. Basileus has great fairway wood shafts that will match the driver shaft.

Titleist vg3 utility is easy to hit. I love how it looks like a small wood. And wedges Forged vokeys all the way:)

blader, i bought the 2011 tourstage 905 blades reccently , they are a bit rounder than the 901, and a lot easier to hit.

bit moe soilid thrut he meaty centre and the shape of them is easier on the eye.

just in case u thinking of a new blade, i think ul lfind these agreat step up form the 901

same sort of feel but a bit oomphier now as they are thicker .

i love how TS doesnt put a new one out every yr, just when they make a new design improvement, which thee certianly are.

im getting mine reshafted with monacco now il be playing them this weekend first time.

prob the best loking of the new style baldes. and being TS well u know they are good.

Great to hear S. Would certainly love to hear about them after the reshaft. Yes the 905's did catch the eye a bit for me, but for some reason I do love the look of the 901's more. I will say though that once in awhile a 905 set comes up for sale, there's a small part of me wondering. . . should I pull the trigger?