Titleist Vokey Forged 62*

daamartin

Chris recently sorted me out with a 62*/8* bounce Vokey forged wedge - stock s200 shaft. have had some practice and game time with this club and I really love it, so here are some comments.

Shape

My previous set of wedges up until now were the old Epon Technitys, and for me the grind on these was in every way perfect. When I received the Vokey the first thing I did was compared the grind and was happy to see the slightly killed leading edge, sole camber and even a bit more heel relief - I could immediately see this was going to work! From address it has got the perfect balance of squareness for full shots, and "roundiness" for bunkers and touch/ flop shots. Bit less rounded than the old Epons but times have changed, and this complements the Yamaha 52/56 I have perfectly.

Feel

Endo Endo Endo! - just like my old Technitys - say no more - happy

Spin and bunkers

First time I've used a 62* lob wedge and spin is fantastic from turf and bunkers. Enough bounce to easily play longer soft bunker shots, but not too much to pick the ball off tight turf and hardpan - perfect!

Trajectory

This was the best surprise of all. With the nice long hosel you can still place the ball back in the stance and flight partial shots. This wedge is really fun to use and I think I'll be using it a lot more than anticipated around the greens.

Very highly recommend these wedges. Thanks TSG!

Edited by daamartin

Recently bot a 54* & 62* - cant agree more. Easy off any lie & soft as butter. Ths club in its self is a beauty

Great review. I recently purchased these in 50, 54 and 60 degrees replacing my Fourteen MT28V4 wedges. First thing I noticed was the softness of these wedges. Second thing I noticed was that you can work these wedges. High shots, low shots, no problems. Finally, these wedges are just pretty to look at! I highly recommend them!

I have had my KGX 208 for cpl of years bought many to replace but went back to them. BUt i love my 52 bent to 53* and 58* looks feel are perfect IMO. My best buy since CRZ 460 + basileus spada 50S.

The usa doesnt know whats its missing with these endo forged beauties! Another nice wedge is the JDM TM ATV forged.

Can't echo the review by daamartin enough here. I too have the 62 along with a 46 pitch. Both are ideal for me. The Endo forged feel is quite evident.

Can I just add though that the grind on the 62 has got to be the best grind for a lob wedge I've used or seen to date. I mean talk about versatile. There isn't a lie out there that it can't handle. Full shots, partial, flop, back in the stance, up in the stance, bunker, deep grass, tight lie. I mean come on with that now. Just a perfectly balanced head, an absolute stunner in the looks department.

My vote for wedge of the year, and quite possibly the decade. I really, really love this wedge.

Some good input here. How forgiving are these wedges? My chipping and pitching in need of a little TLC

Some good input here. How forgiving are these wedges? My chipping and pitching in need of a little TLC

More forgiving than most. they are on the small side but not what I would consider compact.

Best wedges I have ever played!

I've had vokeys in the past and they always felt "clickey" and was never thrilled with them. I know these are forged, so a whole different feel, but how would you describe the feeling?

Agree on the 'clicky' feeling in the past from Vokeys. Of course those are not forged. Currently gaming fourteen wedges and very interested to see more review on this?

Not Clicky at all. My Fourteen MT28V4 which I don't think were forged had the clicky feeling. The Vokeys have a much better softer feeling when struck.

Can't echo the review by daamartin enough here. I too have the 62 along with a 46 pitch. Both are ideal for me. The Endo forged feel is quite evident.

Can I just add though that the grind on the 62 has got to be the best grind for a lob wedge I've used or seen to date. I mean talk about versatile. There isn't a lie out there that it can't handle. Full shots, partial, flop, back in the stance, up in the stance, bunker, deep grass, tight lie. I mean come on with that now. Just a perfectly balanced head, an absolute stunner in the looks department.

My vote for wedge of the year, and quite possibly the decade. I really, really love this wedge.

WOW now i want one. currently playing a 52/58 yamaha combo but i want to move

to the ping anser forged in 50/54 or 52 56. im defintely going that route as they were the

easiest wedges ive hit! but with the lob thinking of this 62 wedge.

hows that 46* wedge? nothing wrong with my PW but sometimes i get bored

WOW now i want one. currently playing a 52/58 yamaha combo but i want to move

to the ping anser forged in 50/54 or 52 56. im defintely going that route as they were the

easiest wedges ive hit! but with the lob thinking of this 62 wedge.

hows that 46* wedge? nothing wrong with my PW but sometimes i get bored

Carlo, the 46 is awesome. In fact I started with it and then decided on the 62 after looking at the grind pattern. The 46 is a no nonsense design, with a somewhat thin sole. Perfect for full shots and chips. What Chris said about the size of it is dead on, small head but not so much so that its difficult to hit. Trajectory is really dead on with this thing. Very tight. I too, was bored as you put it with my PW. Was looking at this one and haven't looked back.

The feel of these aren't like past Vokey's (USDM) at all. I was a devoted Vokey man many years back and then left them when JDM came into the scene for me. There is not one bit of "clickiness" to them at all. Yes they are soft but not in a mushy way. Still some firmness there. Very responsive, really hard to describe other than to say these wedges definitely require a look. I do like how the grind patterns differ as you get to the higher lofts. Definitely makes it much more useful in the short game area.

Carlo, the 46 is awesome. In fact I started with it and then decided on the 62 after looking at the grind pattern. The 46 is a no nonsense design, with a somewhat thin sole. Perfect for full shots and chips. What Chris said about the size of it is dead on, small head but not so much so that its difficult to hit. Trajectory is really dead on with this thing. Very tight. I too, was bored as you put it with my PW. Was looking at this one and haven't looked back.

The feel of these aren't like past Vokey's (USDM) at all. I was a devoted Vokey man many years back and then left them when JDM came into the scene for me. There is not one bit of "clickiness" to them at all. Yes they are soft but not in a mushy way. Still some firmness there. Very responsive, really hard to describe other than to say these wedges definitely require a look. I do like how the grind patterns differ as you get to the higher lofts. Definitely makes it much more useful in the short game area.

wow , so you thinking of replacing your sacred Rcs? i am so curious. thing is they have too many options.

at the moment i am in a toss up between 54/58 or 52/58 for my main wedges. the 52 is getting too long for

my needs.

the 46 is defintely next on my list as i will not be replacing my 302s anytime soon. planning on sticking a DG spinner +

on it.

if the62 is that good may even have to get that before rthe 46. the 58 with my swing and experimental shortgame routines

is proving erratic. most especially on tight lies and on heavy rough where i have to lob it high and land on a dime. im not

confident with the grind on my yamaha 58!

Why did you choose 62 over the 60? they have soo many options its confusing

edit: whats the difference between these wedges and the TVD/SM4 aside from the forged head?

Edited by Spoon

I thought 62/08 can easily be bent to 61/07 or 60/06 if necessary, but as it turns out I can hit it far enough and low enough w/o any changes - the weighting in this club is perfect!

wow , so you thinking of replacing your sacred Rcs? i am so curious. thing is they have too many options.

at the moment i am in a toss up between 54/58 or 52/58 for my main wedges. the 52 is getting too long for

my needs.

the 46 is defintely next on my list as i will not be replacing my 302s anytime soon. planning on sticking a DG spinner +

on it.

if the62 is that good may even have to get that before rthe 46. the 58 with my swing and experimental shortgame routines

is proving erratic. most especially on tight lies and on heavy rough where i have to lob it high and land on a dime. im not

edit: whats the difference between these wedges and the TVD/SM4 aside from the forged head?

I compared them a while back, and I from what I remember the TDV is smaller with a thinner topline? The Vokey forged is what I would call a medium sized head, with just a bit of offset. The TDVs, from what I remember, were less offset and smaller. Not totally sure though

my needs.

on it.

No Carlo, not replacing the RC's. I've got the DB Forged in the 56 and 50 and they're perfect as well. In fact the grind patterns are similar to the Vokey 62. The 50 degree DB forged is actually the newest of the bunch, replacing the SDJ.

I choose the Vokey 62 to replace my Fourteen which also was a 62 degree. The reason for the change was that I had originally had the Vokey 46 PW and loved the feel of it so much. That combined with what I saw in the grind pattern for the 62 Vokey made me decide that I had to give it a try. Once receiving it and hitting it, it instantly kicked out the Fourteen. 62 over 60 is just to have more versatility in the wedge game.

Looking at my bag, I'm gaming 4 perfect wedges for me and each one is ideal at their respective lofts.

Yesterday played 18 at Dragon Ridge and it was my first time gaming a 64*. I love them out of the bunkers alls i had to do was open it up smash/slide the club head into the sand behind the ball, the results were easy outs with no fits.

Mentally the 64* took me on a ride though, My brain could not accept this thing only went 50 yds. if I could just squeeze another 10 I could utilize it a lot more.

pic

282976_485757381440757_477990479_n.jpg

Yesterday played 18 at Dragon Ridge and it was my first time gaming a 64*. I love them out of the bunkers alls i had to do was open it up smash/slide the club head into the sand behind the ball, the results were easy outs with no fits.

Mentally the 64* took me on a ride though, My brain could not accept this thing only went 50 yds. if I could just squeeze another 10 I could utilize it a lot more.

pic

282976_485757381440757_477990479_n.jpg

Maybe something in 62 would give you the 60yard distance your looking for? Why not try the vokey?