3 Wood recommendation please

changoog

First of all let me intorduce myself, my name is Chang and I am new to this great community and to JDM.

I am currently gaming a Titleist 910 FD 13.5 with GD DI 6 Stiff. I average about 240 off of the tee, I'm not complaining but I am looking to upgrade for more distance.

Any help wood be greatly appreciated.

are u looking for more height ??? or a deeper face ??? hotter trajectory ??? easier to hit off the deck ???? there will always be a tradeoff....but for off the deck for distance and ease of use, i love the prgr egg.....if u prefer a deeper face, the yeamaha impres x series is pretty nice or the epon 202. The Ryoma FD is another fw worth mentioning

"I average about 240 off of the tee, I'm not complaining but I am looking to upgrade for more distance."

I'm confused...are you looking for a 3 wood recommendation as per thread title or driver rec as per text? If you're getting 240 with a 3 wood, I would say your search is over:)

Problem I have is that I struggle with a driver, so I rarely hit my driver. So I am looking for a 3 wood to gain more distance off of the tee. And I can't hit my 910 off the deck.

If u hit your 3w 240 @ 43" try your driver at sub 45"

Just speaking from exp, my swing tempo & style generates good distance with 3w & struggled with 46" drivers 44.5 then boom!

The mentioned JDM woods so far are all great with the egg & ryoma at the top for me. Ryoma F2 might be the go off the tee.

u gotta have a driver these days surely ?

if u love the 3 wood cut the driver down and play a heavier shaft, ull get oodles more distace, if u can hit240 with a 3w then theres no reason u cant hit the cut down driver 20+ more with smiliar accuracy.

now as for a fw........,

at 13.5, theres prob not muc u can get longer from a tee.

the egg spoon old model in 13* will def do that tho, u will have to get a higher laucnhing shaft id imagine tho, that is very easy to hit off the deck.

and as iwatched craig belt his 13* egg with quadra fire express all over melbourne. id highly recomend that shaft.

the crazy f14 will get u out there nad u can hit that offthe deck. thats hte other thing id look at.

the yamaha v14 14* may or may not go longer and its very playable for mteh deck..

the royal collections 305 v might take ur fancy as wll. agian playable from the deck

if you are hitting a 3w 240m, i really dont think you need a driver. Mate thats as far as most people hit it other than pros.

At best you will get another 5 yards or so with a different 3 wood. Not really worth it.

With no disrespect intended, as an 8 handicap, you should be able to hit a driver with some degree of accuracy and would probably drop from an 8 to a 5 or 6 overnight if you found the "right" driver. If you hit your 3 wood 240, you should be hitting a driver 280-300 (easily!), getting onto par 5's in two vs three, hitting wedges into greens vs 8 irons, etc....net, net, lower scores.

I would suggest a driver fitting at this stage vs trying to eek out another couple yards with the 3 wood. You need to tame the beast!!

At best you will get another 5 yards or so with a different 3 wood. Not really worth it.

With no disrespect intended, as an 8 handicap, you should be able to hit a driver with some degree of accuracy and would probably drop from an 8 to a 5 or 6 overnight if you found the "right" driver. If you hit your 3 wood 240, you should be hitting a driver 280-300 (easily!), getting onto par 5's in two vs three, hitting wedges into greens vs 8 irons, etc....net, net, lower scores.

I would suggest a driver fitting at this stage vs trying to eek out another couple yards with the 3 wood. You need to tame the beast!!

Your probably right, I've never been fitted for a driver.

If only the D1 ST was conforming.

Base on looks alone, I'll go with the new kamui ray fw : ) no feedback yet, still waiting for a review. As for the ryoma st, IMO, is very forgiving. However, I find that on average, I hit the v-spec further. Miss hit on the ryoma st don't go as far but solid one are longer. U should try the v-spec, it's already very forgiving and very long.

ur NEW post shud read...

gents i clobber the hell out of a 3 wood . miles..

but my driver is ALMOST as bad as tigers...,

i need a driver..here are my specs.

swing speed = 3x10^8

consistant shot is....

usual bad miss is.....

flight i like is....

loft i play is....

shape of driver i like is....

feel of driver i like is... (muted ,pingy, thumpy. )

coloUr i like is............(ferrari red , of course..!)

that kinda thing......

then we can build u a beast worthy of a 240 m 3w..!

get to work............come back when assignment completed!

240 is long for a 3wd ???? seriously a well struck 3 iron should cover 240 on a nice warm day......probably 225 carry and roll another 15.......and i would consider myself a very mediocre hitter in terms of length.

oops i meant 240 yards.......240 meters would be a good 3 iron for sure

ur NEW post shud read...

gents i clobber the hell out of a 3 wood . miles..

but my driver is ALMOST as bad as tigers...,

i need a driver..here are my specs.

swing speed = 3x10^8

consistant shot is....

usual bad miss is.....

flight i like is....

loft i play is....

shape of driver i like is....

feel of driver i like is... (muted ,pingy, thumpy. )

coloUr i like is............(ferrari red , of course..!)

that kinda thing......

then we can build u a beast worthy of a 240 m 3w..!

get to work............come back when assignment completed!

Good Post Stew!

I think everyone's right, I don't think I'd change out my 3 wood if I was to Bash it 240yrds!!

240 is long for a 3wd ???? seriously a well struck 3 iron should cover 240 on a nice warm day......probably 225 carry and roll another 15.......and i would consider myself a very mediocre hitter in terms of length.

Wouldnt 240 yards 3 iron consider really long???

Wouldnt 240 yards 3 iron consider really long???

For me YES( I don't carry one )

oops i meant 240 yards.......240 meters would be a good 3 iron for sure

That makes you 30 longer than me Robbie, but I'm happy to play you for nickel or two if you like!

haha......length means nothing......and my 240 yards is not CARRY yards, it is total yards when i tee off with a 3 iron.......most freshman highschoolers can hit a 3 iron over 200 yards carry.........there are so many par 3s that i can think of that are over 225 yards.....it is not considered amazing......just a average shot by a midcapper...oh and i be happy to smack u around pete

Your probably right, I've never been fitted for a driver.

If only the D1 ST was conforming.

As I said earlier, driver fitting, not the search for a longer 3 wood!!

Some are longer than others :p We get that.

But the man was trying to get some advise. So help him out.

I still carry the original egg spoon. I think it's a great distance tool. Only downside might be the sound and feel. Not sure how this compares to the newer generation egg spoons, but i can't really imagine that the newer ones are much longer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus