what would you change if designing the af303?

freehb04

saw something about epon coming out with a new model in the 300 series and got excited....not true (verified with an epon source)..then it got me thinking, how would you improve on the 302? interested in people's opinions...

I think it would be nice to have something between the 302 and 551...a 400 series....I'm not sure the 302 could be any better....

Keep the nuts and bolts about the same just refresh the aesthetics. A very businesslike appearance like the new TS or the RomaRo Pro Forged. Maybe a darkish satin. Less offset.

Price, I'd change the price!!

Damn international agent

Keep the nuts and bolts about the same just refresh the aesthetics. A very businesslike appearance like the new TS or the RomaRo Pro Forged. Maybe a darkish satin. Less offset.

I agree here. Less offset and lose the suit and tie, but retain the elegance

less offset, all satin is all it needs

I'd like to see the new milling like on Yamaha and onoff

Try the face milling like on the 2013 on off and yamaha models.

More versatile grind?

Less offset.

Heads in gold!

I think the copper finish should be a no cost option too

My take, Gotta keep the offset where it's at, a lot of people especially on the web desire less and less offset but for the sake of performance and especially with this particular iron it must stay. Notice the Personals & the Tours have more offset than your average blade and it's for a very good reason.

- $1500 MSRP w/ standard Modus 3 shaft 3-PW

- Same exact face milling as SYD Bold wedge or ONOFF Forged

- Brushed Satin with Chrome edge around back face

- top line grind a little bitty more boxy.

- slightly more offset in 3 & 4 irons + tungsten sole yet somehow maintaining the highest CG possible.

- available AW + SW matching wedges that are compact with near 0 offset.

- Higher CG overall for a lower flight

- Evolve the logo just a touch

- slightly thinner sole with leading edge relief

- cavity accent pressed lines like Callaway X- Forged or TourStage + dark chrome accents within the back face somewhere if it can look classy.

What is baffling to me is that there is a LOT of offset in some of the 302s while the longer irons have very little. I really don't understand the purpose of not having offset/face progression where you need it, and having it where you don't. 302s seem a perfect example.

Offer the RF551 finish as an option, and errrr, that's about it.

Offset seems ideal to me - slightly less than my beloved 301's, and a perfect match to the AF-Tours. Any less and you get towards the zero offset which starts looking weird and bad again... the no offset Scratch irons i've seen (in pics) looked wrong. A little bit of offset looks 'right' to me... just not Ping G sized (!).

I think better to look at an easy quick fit hosel system so different shafts can be quickly demo'd for fitting Epon irons.

Personally I don't feel Epon need to do the Taylor Made churn n burn marketing thing, bringing out inconsequential marketing inspired nonsense every few months. The 301's were same as Technicity 1 (?) for how many years?

But that's me...

@ Coops "I think better to look at an easy quick fit hosel system so different shafts can be quickly demo'd for fitting Epon irons."

A fitter in MI has all the Epon heads with a quick fit shaft system and thats how he works his iron fittings along w/ a Trackman analyzer.

@ Coops "I think better to look at an easy quick fit hosel system so different shafts can be quickly demo'd for fitting Epon irons."

A fitter in MI has all the Epon heads with a quick fit shaft system and thats how he works his iron fittings along w/ a Trackman analyzer.

Could this be the start of the new Epons?

Who?

My best friend is in Chicago - so i'll be visiting some time, and would love a good iron shaft fitting with trackman etc....

Who?

My best friend is in Chicago - so i'll be visiting some time, and would love a good iron shaft fitting with trackman etc....

Pure Impact Golf Studios in Commerce Township, MI. Just outside of Detroit. If you want more details PM me Coops.

My take, Gotta keep the offset where it's at, a lot of people especially on the web desire less and less offset but for the sake of performance and especially with this particular iron it must stay. Notice the Personals & the Tours have more offset than your average blade and it's for a very good reason.

- $1500 MSRP w/ standard Modus 3 shaft 3-PW

- Same exact face milling as SYD Bold wedge or ONOFF Forged

- Brushed Satin with Chrome edge around back face

- top line grind a little bitty more boxy.

- slightly more offset in 3 & 4 irons + tungsten sole yet somehow maintaining the highest CG possible.

- available AW + SW matching wedges that are compact with near 0 offset.

- Higher CG overall for a lower flight

- Evolve the logo just a touch

- slightly thinner sole with leading edge relief

- cavity accent pressed lines like Callaway X- Forged or TourStage + dark chrome accents within the back face somewhere if it can look classy.

please send to syard, that sounds nice!