Epon SUS316 irons?

Mjr. D

They look nice. Supposed to be forged Stainless Steel SUS316 metal for insane softness...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Epon :)

Maybe you should bring it back. We love Epon too. Plus the price offered by TSG was so much better than anywhere else.

Epon always come out with nice products, too bad we don't carry it anymore here in TSG.

I always think of TSG when it comes to Epon....they were synonomous....... TSG did so much for the brand, guess times change......

Hopefully we can welcome back an Epon to TSG sometimes soon.

Wowser.... Epon got a mention on the Golf Channel today, part of the PGA Merchandise show coverage..... showed a 302 head, they mentioned that Endo forge for a lot of manufacturers but 'keep a bit back for their own brand' Endo..... "you may pay a bit more for their technology".....

Wowser.... Epon got a mention on the Golf Channel today, part of the PGA Merchandise show coverage..... showed a 302 head, they mentioned that Endo forge for a lot of manufacturers but 'keep a bit back for their own brand' Endo..... "you may pay a bit more for their technology".....

302? Cmon Golf Channel! Isn't the PGA show supposed to cover new products? :tsg_smiley_streak:

gallery_18_5_222772.jpg

Pricey sticks....$2450 quoted 4-P...

Better if they weren't chrome IMO.

Edited by Miuramaniac

Better if they weren't chrome IMO.

they aren't... check the photo..... 'no plating'.......... theyz're just polished, so they can easily be dulled down to a brushed/ satin finish

they aren't... check the photo..... 'no plating'.......... theyz're just polished, so they can easily be dulled down to a brushed/ satin finish

Two options: chrome and non plated. I wouldn't say the non plated can be easily dulled to a satin. It'll rust fast.

Two options: chrome and non plated. I wouldn't say the non plated can be easily dulled to a satin. It'll rust fast.

Maybe I'm wrong here but the Epon SUS316 are a soft stainless steel, no? Will stainless steel rust?

Stainless steel can certainly rust - take it for a practice on the beach for a few weeks without rinseing the club in fresh water after and test it ;-)

StainLESS stains less than 'regular' alloy steels but is not 'never'stain steel - marine grades will be most corrosion resistant, while food grade stainless can not be so corrosion resistant due to the need not to taint foodstuffs.

Not sure why stainless steel would be considered to feel 'softer' than carbon steel, as it obviously isn't , at least before the thin nickel- chrome plating on a carbon steel head... But a golf club's feel is more than just the material.

Stainless steel can certainly rust - take it for a practice on the beach for a few weeks without rinseing the club in fresh water after and test it ;-)

StainLESS stains less than 'regular' alloy steels but is not 'never'stain steel - marine grades will be most corrosion resistant, while food grade stainless can not be so corrosion resistant due to the need not to taint foodstuffs.

Not sure why stainless steel would be considered to feel 'softer' than carbon steel, as it obviously isn't , at least before the thin nickel- chrome plating on a carbon steel head... But a golf club's feel is more than just the material.

sometimes feel gets confused with sound......

I've wondered whether the old copper underlay in old Mizunos was responsible for that... A slightly different sound.

I'm only 46 but remember what a wound golf ball sounded and felt like... How about a new, modern wound ball with all the latest dimple aerodynamics and improved materials... But actually wound, not solid with a urethane cover.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing golf for a long time. My 302 that I got from TSG is the best set of irons that I ever have. Thanks to Chris for the bud Mackenzie blue bag. Golfers around here love my bag. They have no knowledge of TSG equipment in my bag.

My set arrived, 4-p no plating, (I wanted the plating ones, my friend got it wrong...). thinner than the 302, but bigger sweat spot. low quality control this time, paint on 7iron does not meet epon standard... checked my friends set too, same problem.

from my understanding, the no plating ones(400set darker finish), will be easily scracthed due to its material, but looks unique and have even softer feel.

the plating ones(100set) have the same finish as standard af302.

correct me if wrong!