2014 ONOFF Forged CB-358 Irons

TourSpecGolfer

Thanks Ed. Hhhmmmmm

Looks-wise the 358 has an incredibly square/flat topline. Boxy look overall

I've hit the 2011, 2013, and 358. I prefer the shape of the 358 toe and flat top line. It frames the ball well for my eyes. Like all irons feel is very shaft dependant. Tried Ameritech in the 2011 set and it felt like a marshmallow. I could never get a feel for where I made contact on the face. Love the feedback with the 358, buy it could bs the roddio i10s in them that make the difference.

Hey Duke, did you mean Aerotech Steelfiber? Which model? I'll be using Steelfiber in either the 358 or possibly the 2011. I've had the 2013 with Steelfiber and they were the best irons I've owned thus far. I love the look of the 358, just wondering if it's too small a head, meaning slightly more unforgiving. I need all the help I can get :(

Ian, I want the complete opposite, Im afraid it might be to big and clumsy with an unworkable sweetspot. Anyone who can shed some light?

You're better than me

By me yesterday

Edited by Ian-500

By me yesterday

I also own both 358 and 2013 forged. Shafted with MCI 100s and OTi 85 respectively. Similar feel when impact. It's like comparing CLS with E class in merc. At the end of the day, it really comes down to shafts.

Hey Duke, did you mean Aerotech Steelfiber? Which model? I'll be using Steelfiber in either the 358 or possibly the 2011. I've had the 2013 with Steelfiber and they were the best irons I've owned thus far. I love the look of the 358, just wondering if it's too small a head, meaning slightly more unforgiving. I need all the help I can get :(

Yes aerotech (darn spell correct). I think I had a set of the cw110 in stiff with the 2013. I could never dial in that set. Maybe the heads were too light to flex the shaft properly. I had a set of the shingospec i11 in the 2011s and that set was perfect but missing a pw. Combo was great for distance because I could swing as hard as I wanted and the roddios kept dispersion tight.

The 358s may only be small depending on what set you're moving from. I was using a blade before gaming the 358 and they never appeared too small to my eye. The finish is a durable gold tinted satin. Holds up well.

I had the 358 with modus 120s and for the first 9 holes thought there was no much more to as for in the search for irons.

The pw is perfect the 5 to 9 are nice a little to thick on the top line for my eye but easy to hit and perform great.

Then i had real problems with timing but more to do with the modus 120 as they end up very lite when cut to length, may have been great with a set of heavier stiffer shafts but had someone that wanted the heads so moved them on.

Great head you won't have a problem hitting them just getting the right shaft to get the best out of them.

Have not hit the 2013

I held these just a couple of days ago, don't recall the back/cavity being seen from address. Very cool champagne satin finish

I've had them all, I hated the pw of the 358s and the fact you couldn't get a 4 iron. I used a 2013 4 iron with this set, Kuro's for me as the best of all. 2013s are nice irons.

I found the opposite - the finish is alright. The club overall is very soft and easy to be dinged up by pebbles

Yes aerotech (darn spell correct). I think I had a set of the cw110 in stiff with the 2013. I could never dial in that set. Maybe the heads were too light to flex the shaft properly. I had a set of the shingospec i11 in the 2011s and that set was perfect but missing a pw. Combo was great for distance because I could swing as hard as I wanted and the roddios kept dispersion tight.

The 358s may only be small depending on what set you're moving from. I was using a blade before gaming the 358 and they never appeared too small to my eye. The finish is a durable gold tinted satin. Holds up well.

I love the PW. What's your fav PW...

It had to do with the long hosel, I had c tapers in them and maybe the shaft was too stiff that short.

The Shingo Spec OnOff CB358 has a wedge-like PW. If the PW's cavity looks like the rest of the set then it is non-Shingo Spec

I didn't even know this. Thought all cb358 sets came with the blade PW

I didn't even know this. Thought all cb358 sets came with the blade PW

By 'non shingo spec', I think he means any OnOff iron that isn't the CB358 :)

By 'non shingo spec', I think he means any OnOff iron that isn't the CB358 :)

Ok..