Srixon Z945/745/545 review(s)?

• 2 weeks later...

Keen to find out how the Z545 driver stacks up also if anyone has given that a try!

I was looking at this driver at the PGA Superstore the other day, and noticed the shaft and head were made in China, but assembled in the US. Kind of turned me off. I know it's all mental and probably has zero affect on performance, but just couldn't pull the trigger knowing this.

Tried a Z545 on a LM indoors. Felt good and distance and dispersion was also good. Didn't get on with the stock shafts as there was too much spin, so a Matrix 6M3 in x sorted that out :)

I was looking at this driver at the PGA Superstore the other day, and noticed the shaft and head were made in China, but assembled in the US. Kind of turned me off. I know it's all mental and probably has zero affect on performance, but just couldn't pull the trigger knowing this.

Thats interesting cos dunlop japan advertises the JDM version as made in Japan. I Assume the shaft was the Kurokage?

They are made at the same place Endo Thailand but there is a lot of word play going on with the term "Made in Japan", that could mean finished, assembled, or even paint fill.

The difference for Srixon gear is release date is earlier in Japan and the shaft options better in some cases.

They are made at the same place Endo Thailand but there is a lot of word play going on with the term "Made in Japan", that could mean finished, assembled, or even paint fill.

The difference for Srixon gear is release date is earlier in Japan and the shaft options better in some cases.

The JDM version gets the Miyazaki RX-45 vs the American Kurokage. I can't seem to find any information about the RX-45, how does it compare to the Miyazaki Kosuma, or any of their other shafts?

• 4 weeks later...

I played my first round with the Z745's. Great feel! Definitely has the Endo softness and good distance. I think that Srixon has a winner in the A irons. I have owned and played Epon, Miura, Yururi, Vega and Yamaha. The 745's stand tall with all of them.

Yup this year is Srixon's strongest launch ever imo.

There is Srixon and Bridgestone who both have similar global strategies.

It's a really tight race between the two.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread. Anybody have been playing the Z745 and Z945?