Sign in to follow this  
nobmontana

Non-Taper vs Traditional putter grip

I've had a non-tapered Winn X grip on my Benock for a few months now.     

While I've been able to putt pretty decently,  the more I looked at the beautiful bladed head combo'd

with a fat grip,  It just seemed wrong to have this grip on it.   

So last night I removed the Winn grip and installed an older model Iomic Absolute Mid size grip which has been my favorite tapered grip ever.   

For the longest time, I had problems of being handsy with my stroke but perhaps using the Winn grip helped me become less handsy?     

Still too early to say for sure but I'm feeling pretty comfortable putting straight and consistent with this traditional grip now.         

Do the non-taper grips actually have the effect of developing a less handsy stroke if you use it long enough? 

I think if you use anything long enough you become accustomed to it, but before all of that you should like a putter grip for how it feels. 

I had a mid slim 2.0 super stroke on the scotty holiday and same just didn’t feel right on that putter went to a black ping man grip and feels and releasing way better

I wish they made classy looking non taper grips that are of normal weights.   Super Strokes and stuff just looks out of place when combo’d with high end milled putters.  

Yeah I had one before and they weren’t tacky at all....   maybe the ones I bought were fake ....