What driver/Woods

redmania

Hello,

Long time lurker first time poster. I'm after some advice if possible? I'm in the market for some easy to hit and forgiving woods, including driver. I'm relatively new to Japanese equipment other than irons, I play epon 706. My handicap is 22, my swing speed with a 7 iron is 75mph. What would you recommend? I'm a reasonable iron player and short game player. But struggle massively with the 2nd shot. I just can't get a wood or hybrid in the air. I'm having lesson's and my ball striking is improving but from putter to irons. Currently playing g400 max, 5w and 3h regular Alta shaft. Been looking at ryoma etc. Any suggestions appreciated.

Edited by redmania

I’ve had good results with PRGR. You might consider http://blog.tourspecgolf.com/new-prgr-egg-5500-driver-and-egg-5500-driver-impact/

XXIO is probably well suited to your needs

Stick with the lessons. Different brands in the forgiving stakes won't make Much difference. But if you need to....Look at the Ryoma F3 F5 for FW... Very easy to hit and auto launch if you strike the ball well enough.

Edited by hutchy

I think the Ping G400 Max is one of the most forgiving and longest drivers out there.  IMHO, I would not touch that club.

If you're having trouble with your 2nd shot, look at some forgiving / player friendly JDM irons.  There are plenty out there that will definitely help you - same with player friendly hybrids & FWs.

Also, as another members said, keep with the lesson and practice!

Edited by Tommyk3