BENOCK, a (patient) knights tale......,

supo

Ive   got  a cpl  of Benocks,   ive picked up  different shapes over the years bec i  like the design options ,i like the shape  and  LOVE the feel, i mean LOVE it,    they have such a distinctive feel  , its very addictive, nothing else feels quite  like it  , so  one of them always seems to get a bag spot , even just to practice with before the match.

As good as they are tho, i tend to  muck about with them more than  " game for consequence"    bec  the ones i have  dont   REALLY suit  my stroke   as well as id like , bec  i didnt get them customed  i  got them  2nd hand   , dont get me wrong i play them well  enough nothing  bad   and  there is no way they sit idle long ,i  simply   dont play them in comp much , nor for money  bec.   to keep those  precious brown and white emperors heads  in the sky rocket where they  belong  i prefer  others.

There   is   a caveat to  my dliema however , the  Easpade S-type, the one that i was fitted for at  Benock acpl of yrs back  which blew all the others out of the water for consistency  both for speed and direction  ( and it wasnt really close)  but  i didnt end up  getting  it   prob due to  as much to KKKKKorona  biting  and  it  has a head only a mother cud love , or so i thought  ! 

WELL time it seems,  is a fickle master   and all i can say is it must have been divine  puttervention  bec last week im on the prac green putting ,  when an old acquaintence  ive not played with in a  long while   pops over for a hello and  pulls out  a Bencok Easpade  S type  ,  MY PUTTER , immedialy  i asked  for a hit and naturaly , LOVED IT ,  turns out    hes has been   " struggling with  it  "  ,      it  simply wasnt  working  for him  so   he had an eye on  changing  shape  and was considering this ones  future.

THAT dear friends  is all i needed, it  was my queue to strike  ,      i made him an offer ,he cudnt refuse................! 

first  game with it in a  cpl of days

20220613_140705.jpg

20220613_093253.jpg

20220613_093405.jpg

Edited by supo

The last 3 weeks  has   been all  Benocks  in play  ,  i had this one out with a reshafted  enzo  with NS purple and super stroke wrist lok  on sat also had a deep milled  jbeam zy.

if u cud ask to see 2 differnt feels in putters,  it might be hard to beat these as  examples.

the jbeam is SO soft and  mellow  and sweet,  with this its ALL about speed. im alwaya short with it, furstratingly so, they jsut dont drop, i guess IF  i played one putter ( which wil never happen)  then  id get used  to the butter feel and id make more for sure,  but when ur going from one to the other things get messed up., luckily i  no longer play for consequence so it dont matter.

The Benocks, both of them  are SO dense, so immediate  so direct its unlike anyhting else ive got. nothing at al like a micro milled  sus303 or GSS  nothing  what so ever, the  face is unique. its utterly unique and takes time to get wired especially distance wise   consistantly with it.

the best example i can give is if u like to " pop "  balls and stop at impact ala Brandt Snedeker kind of stroke ,then this is a wonderfull feel,  thers nothing that goes off the face that ive hit quite like it.  i can and do putt like this so for me  this suits .If i go full small back and fast thru then this is hard for me  to  keep on the str8 and narrow distance wise, im kind of long, a  LOT.  but short back pop and stop this is the best ive seen by a mile.

even the  smaller  compact, enzo has the same result but i can get a more contempora swing motion on it , this one is all about direction.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love this shape head and when  im putting well  i KILL these, same as with L shapes.
but when im not on i struggle  a lot, the ENZO has been a love grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  for me. the changing of shaft/grip was a  HUMONGOUS  game chager tho. i lengthened  it to 38 inch and stood straight up  with the new  wirst lok and was knocking em dead all day but none fell.

"NONE SHALL PASS............. said Bencok and the black knight!" 

but they were mostly pick em ups all day.

im going to tinker a little  more  with the shaft length on both  , ill prob cut  the easpade  to 33 and  put a wrist lok on it  and keep the  wrist lok  on the enzo   and   and shorten that to 36    or even og crazy and go to 33  from  38   to see how that plays.

somwehre in the middle here is the answer  im sure,  but one thing , right now,  this wrist lok grips had all my attention nad is  going on a LOT of putter.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  , getting hard to take these out now.

Edited by supo

Good to hear the Espade is working well for you, Stu-san! 

For me my game has been in a bit of a struggle especially around the greens and on the green. 

Been going back and forth my Benock blade and the original JDM Stroke Lab Odyssey 7 back from 2014.   I really like them both but feel wise,  I do like the Benock more. 

I wish Benock made a Odyssey 7 type head.   Closest thing may be a Toulon but I just don't want to pay $500 for a Toulon/Odyssey.  

Also, I am finding that I putt better with heads that are 350g or less.    Heavier heads feel ... well,  too heavy to me and I just prefer a 350g or slightly lighter head at D7 to D9 swing weight.  

its taking a bit ot time to get   the  distance wired  , im long..,  long a lot,   its nothing like my  usual gamers.

I took my 2ball odyssey exo out a cpl of weeks back, put   a new gripmaster fat round   on it and have been  so good with it, that is totally dffernt  to the forged protype, they are nothing alike at impact.

exo  pings off, the face , the  forged is soft and mushy.

im long with exo / short with  protype.

ihad issues ponying up for the EXO but when i  gamed if on  day 1 and 2  over a weekend  and  i made EVERYTHING  with  it , all   my buyer remorse fears were  quickly gone . 

its weird ,  when i dont like the feel of somehting i wont play it  much regardless of how  good it is , its a legacy of lving in the belly of the beast where  JDM  EVERYTHING is avaialble to me every day   but i will say in matches now for consequence  i game the EXO.

its funnny, bec i dont like that i dont like it   but i do when theres cash, as much as i dont l ike to admit its prob my best putter for comp, its suits my stroke perfectly, this is what im hoping the easpade can replicate but in a steel head, its close but i need to tweek it a bit, get it more upright 

Edited by supo