tourstage x-drive 435...

hello...just wondering if anyone whos hit the x-drive 435 9.5* w/ gd tour ad pt-6 has had problems with it going too high?? i love the feel of the shaft and head but to get the ball down i had to change to the 8.5* head. maybe its just my swing... :tsg_smiley_embarrassed:

I tend to be a low ball hitter and have the 10.5 and it is perfect, so I can see how a more normal swing may produce some ballooning w/ the 9.5. I played a round last weekend where the wind was gusting maybe 30-40mph, and I dropped the tee height a good half inch and that really helped going into it. At my back I just tried to get her floating in the jetstream. Gotta say though, it is the first driver that works better for me than my R7TP/I65. Really love the GD shafts.

thanks MCsub, yea i guess i tend to hit the ball higher than average...so that would explain it. just heard that tourstage drivers play truer to loft compared to other clubs...at least i lucked out and was able to find an 8.5* x-drive 435 :tsg_smilie_smile:. but i agree with you...this club and shaft combo feels awesome.

anyone have experience with the gd tour ad pt-7 or pt-8 shafts?? was thinking of using a heavier weight shafts in my driver and 3-wood.

thanks MCsub, yea i guess i tend to hit the ball higher than average...so that would explain it. just heard that tourstage drivers play truer to loft compared to other clubs...at least i lucked out and was able to find an 8.5* x-drive 435 :tsg_smilie_smile:. but i agree with you...this club and shaft combo feels awesome.

anyone have experience with the gd tour ad pt-7 or pt-8 shafts?? was thinking of using a heavier weight shafts in my driver and 3-wood.

I too love the PT Series shafts, they do have a diamana like profile which gets the ball into the air without having to put much power behind it. I play PT-7's in my GFT's and its as good as or better than The S-83 and HK-80's.

I too love the PT Series shafts, they do have a diamana like profile which gets the ball into the air without having to put much power behind it. I play PT-7's in my GFT's and its as good as or better than The S-83 and HK-80's.

How would you compare the PT7 to the stock TXF55 on my XST 3 wood? Love the club but may spice it up a bit...