• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was not meaning I was disappointed...more of a choice. When there are only two mouths to feed it is a lot cheaper. How did the chicken turn out? Are you still getting Lance's 460? The wife and I are going out tomorrow or Tuesday and I should be able to get a box then.

Edited by Alcap26

I wondered where Lance had been hiding, thanks for the update. I can send him some positive energy to speed recovery.

Andy, I'll stop by for chicken on my way to Alan's for steak :tsg_smiley_yes:

Good thing I'm working lots of OT as I've fallen in lust with the chrome Zodia wedge Chris posted pics of recently. :tsg_smilie_cool:

Enjoy the week guys

Chciken was good - ribeye's sound better.

Shoe - stop by anytime.

Chain says he is going to ship the driver this week. SO time for a shaft - first stop a 757 tour spec. Then test drive Al's with T70. Oh - I love winter.

I have decided to dump the PX shafts again.

HMMMMM - bonus time = TC Satin - sick boy.

Let me know how you both like the 460 please. I'm seriously in the market for a new driver and with the number of choices available am afraid I'll get a brain freeze and not be able to decide. The end of this past year I compared the TM 510 mid I've got to the Gemini and the bigger head, more modern technology just flat out killed the TM. So it's time to get something current and stick an Axiv in it. I really liked the G2 last year and the 410 Ignite but with all the new product stuff coming I can't make up my cluttered little mind. The Hi-Bore has also got me fascinated as does the Bridgestone, which I'm kinda hoping behaves like a less expensive version of the X-Drive.

Chicken or Beef? chicken or beef? I just wander in small circles holding my head in my hands muttering that phrase under my breath. :tsg_smiley_crazy:

did anyone else notice our thread has shrunk from around 130 pages to 99 pages. Man I hope we did not lose some of this unbeliveable information. I mean this should be required reading.

I could be with the 'reskinning' of the site, font size, post size, spacing, etc. are smaller, thus shriking it, but posts aren't lost :tsg_smiley_japanese:

Shoe,

I just got a 460 from Shreveport Golf yesterday w/an OZIK Silver Altus and it's a bomber! I love it. Take for what it's worth but I can't wait to hit the range again tomorrow!!!

thanks for that info Hip..I await further results after the initial lust phase wears off. I found it really interesting listening to Frank Thomas on the Golf Channels coverage of the PGA show that the average golfer hits the driver only 192yds and claims to hit it 240yds. Are we really just a bunch of wimp hitting braggarts? Where DOES he get these numbers from?

Well I took today off as I just closed a nice deal yesterday and needed a break.

Woke up to a snow storm - but now it is melting off.

I am in the party mood- so I got some friends coming over for some apple smoked ribs tonight.

Have some more friends coming tomorrow so I am making my first attempt at a brisket - 12 pounder and I will back it up with a pork shoulder just in case the brisket does not come out. Plan to have the smoker going until tomorrow night.

I got Al's 460 B-Stone here and hope to give it a wack this afternoon.

Heys guys whats up ??

Have been doing all right I guess , still waiting for the damn beeper to go off . Been pretty ugly hear lately lots of rain ( not a surprise ) but the wind has just been out of this world :tsg_smiley_yes:

Andy , were you able to view the clip I sent you ?? Let me know Ok !!!!!

Hope everyone has been well , and you are ready for some FOOTBALL :-)

Later Guys .

Mike

Hey Mike! good to hear from you. You stay in my prayers my friend.

Andy..my that sounds delicious! My 15 year old daughter would look in your refrigerator, see all that meat and back away quickly making a face while saying "EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW dead animal flesh" LOL

To which I always reply "be grateful you didn't have to help me get it from the woods to the fridge child".

Am anxious to hear how your cooking adventures turn out. And how you like Al's driver. Gonna be winter like today tho, not even above freezing..yech.

On my way to work some OT today..you'd think a guy who retired once wouldn't need to do this eh! But what can I say gonna help finance major bag changes this year. Will certainly be home for the Steeler's game tho. If my dad was still alive we'd be watching together. One of my best memories is when he took the 3 of us kids to old Metropolitan Stadium to watch the Steelers and the Vikings play. Two of us kids where in the end zone and had all most of the days drama occur right in front of us. Tommy Mason caught a touchdown pass, and this huge hole in the line closed very very fast on John Henry Johnson preventing him from scoring a touchdown. We even got a football that day! Super Bowl IX was a great party for the Schuster clan...Minnesota vs Pittsburg...we couldn't lose!

Enjoy the day fellas..may your camel spit nothing but dates

Mike - got the clip -too funny. Hope the beeper sounds in the very near future. Are you feeling o.k. ? Swing any clubs ? -or are you just ridding the bad motor scooter ?

Well my triple header of BBQ turned out great. Never did a brisket before and it really came out great despite having to take it off the smoker and finishing it on the gas grill (20 hours of slow cooking) - just enough leftover for a sandwich today.

For some reason I just cannot get into the game today. My middle guy is sick so I hope to stay home with him as the rest of the family goes to a Superbowl party.

I hope the weather eases a little so I could hit Al's big boy.

Mike - got the clip -too funny. Hope the beeper sounds in the very near future. Are you feeling o.k. ? Swing any clubs ? -or are you just ridding the bad motor scooter ?

Well my triple header of BBQ turned out great. Never did a brisket before and it really came out great despite having to take it off the smoker and finishing it on the gas grill (20 hours of slow cooking) - just enough leftover for a sandwich today.

For some reason I just cannot get into the game today. My middle guy is sick so I hope to stay home with him as the rest of the family goes to a Superbowl party.

I hope the weather eases a little so I could hit Al's big boy.

Glad you liked , pass it on if you want . Feeling pretty good , had a rough last week but am better

now :tsg_smilie_cool:

Still not swinging the clubs though . Still not wanting too . As for my bike , it is in put away for the winter . Guess you could say I am a fair weather rider :tsg_smilie_whistle: :tsg_smilie_wink:

Good to hear your triple header turned out , have found a place up hear that sells the smoker . Will be looking into in the future .

Later

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. Can't swing just yet. I want to hit my R7, my irons and my newly acquired Titleist 503.H. I might have to go to indoor range. The snowis melting though, that's a good sign. Well Olympics are on and the Nissan Open this week as well as the Daytona 500.

Holy Winter Weather...had a little of everything Thursday; freezing rain, sleet, snow, lightening, thunder, talk about bizarre. Didn't leave the house except to shovel and the stuff was so thick it kept cloggin my snow blower. What should have been a 45 minute job max turned into a 90 minute serious workout session. And to top it off it's now -10*. ugh...

Hey guys.

Talk about lucky, last Saturday, we took off for Cancun at 8am and by 8am the next day we had 30 inches of snow at home!

By the time we got back yesterday, there was almost zero snow anywhere and now the temp is back down to single digits :tsg_smilie_confused: .

Crazy weather!!!!

Hey guys.

Talk about lucky, last Saturday, we took off for Cancun at 8am and by 8am the next day we had 30 inches of snow at home!

By the time we got back yesterday, there was almost zero snow anywhere and now the temp is back down to single digits :tsg_smilie_confused: .

Crazy weather!!!!

Hope you had a great time in the tropics Hip...

If only my timing had been so good..crap it was -17* at 7am and warmed up to -8* at 6:30pm Saturday when I went and returned from work. Today we were up to 12*...you can't even break thru the crust on the snow if you jump up and down. At least looking at all the new equipment coming out warms my heart as I contemplate changing most of the bag out this spring.

I picked up Mike Pedersen's workout DVD a couple of weeks ago and will say that anyone looking for golf specific workout should check this out. Very serious emphasis on balance and core strength and flexiblity. I can see where this is gonna help me on the course this year.

Edited by shoe295

Hope you had a great time in the tropics Hip...

If only my timing had been so good..crap it was -17* at 7am and warmed up to -8* at 6:30pm Saturday when I went and returned from work. Today we were up to 12*...you can't even break thru the crust on the snow if you jump up and down. At least looking at all the new equipment coming out warms my heart as I contemplate changing most of the bag out this spring.

I picked up Mike Pedersen's workout DVD a couple of weeks ago and will say that anyone looking for golf specific workout should check this out. Very serious emphasis on balance and core strength and flexiblity. I can see where this is gonna help me on the course this year.

It was a great time down there. We were at an all inclusive, which was my first time at one of those. Kind of disappointed because the only beer was Dos Equis (not the pilsner either, which I prefer) and no Captain Morgan either (they had some deal with Bacardi). I'm a wuss when it comes to mixed drinks.

Anyway, the weather was much better that here obviously, even if it was colder than normal by Cancun standards. We visited some Mayan ruins and swam with dolphins, which was unbelievable! They do this thing called the 'foot push' in which you lie in the water on your stomach with legs straight, and then two dolphins push you along the water. You come rising out of the water, kind of like waterskiing for 100' feet or so. It was so damn cool.

Also I got my first round of golf in, on a Nicklaus course at the Moon Palace. Beautiful course (but the help was very unorganized). I played with rental clubs, including Srixon irons w/graphite shafts, so it was a bit of a struggle, but eventually got it going making a couple of birdies and driving a Par 4 green and missing an eagle putt by 3 inches, so I was happy.

I was playing w/two other relatives who don't play AT ALL, so I was more concerned with keeping things moving, looking for lost balls and giving advice than watching my score. They quit after 14 holes, so I was kind of forced to quit to.

Man, it is not easy keeping patience in that situation, b/c I'm always conscious of pace of play and how ticked off we're making the people behind us. :tsg_smiley_embarrassed: