Tourstage 2007 ViQ DEEP Driver & Forged Irons

TourSpecGolfer

I sure like the way TourStage designs their clubs. They always look so solid and so sweet!! Much attention to detail.

Hey Chris,

These look a lot better than the old Tourstage ViQ.

Are they forged by Endo and in case, is it the high Endo forging quality also used in the Epon irons ?

When will you reivew them ?

I don't like the loft of the PW - 45° :tsg_smiley_no:

Do the long irons have tungsten inserts in the sole like the old ViQ had ?

They are indeed forged by Endo and there are Tungsten inserts in the 3 to 5 iron. According to Tourstage the MOI has been increased by 15% compared to the old ViQ forged allowing for more forgiveness.

The lofts are a little on the strong side but with the tungsten inserts in the long irons and an extra 8g of weight distributed to the sole section of all the irons, that extra low center of gravity helps get the ball up.

How long is the honeymoon period again? Was it 40 days? :tsg_smiley_laughatyou:

I was hitting the DEEP last week with the stock SR flex shaft and producing little draws down the center. very very nice driver and it still has that turbo rubber feel to it. I checked the face angle and it was about .25 closed, the actual loft was 10.8 on my actual club. im not going to start tinkering with it until she treats me bad, then its bye bye stock shaft hello Drev proto. Now I really cant wait to hit the MX version.

The irons are getting weaker lofts, NS1150's, and MOI matched to my Type J 6 iron.

The new ViQ series should be a much better match for my game than the new X-Drive product coming soon.

I was hitting the DEEP last week with the stock SR flex shaft and producing little draws down the center. very very nice driver and it still has that turbo rubber feel to it. I checked the face angle and it was about .25 closed, the actual loft was 10.8 on my actual club. im not going to start tinkering with it until she treats me bad, then its bye bye stock shaft hello Drev proto. Now I really cant wait to hit the MX version.

The irons are getting weaker lofts, NS1150's, and MOI matched to my Type J 6 iron.

The new ViQ series should be a much better match for my game than the new X-Drive product coming soon.

When will you test the new 2007 VIQ iron, Chris ?

I really don't need any kind of help lifting the ball up, but this iron looks nice - if the Endo forging quality is flawless I might be interested in these 2007 VIQ irons :tsg_smilie_cool:

I don't like tungsten in my irons though.... :tsg_smiley_no:

Both the driver and the irons look incredible! What is the MX version?

I am curious about the reason you don't like tungsten. I've had it in TS 202's and Bridgestone J33 Combos and I don't see it as being detrimental, at least for my swing.

I just don't like the look of it in an irons. That's all.....I don't see it from the address position, but I don't like the look of tungsten, when the irons are in my bag..... :atsg_logo_anim:

On a prior post, someone mentioned the new ViQ Forged irons are a tad larger in size compared to last years version. Any truth to that?

On a prior post, someone mentioned the new ViQ Forged irons are a tad larger in size compared to last years version. Any truth to that?

im not so sure to be honest, these look like they have less offset but a wider sole. they would have to be side by side to figure that out unless someone with the old version has a digital caliper so we could compare.

So are these thje viqs that are in the bag then chris?

what shafts are in them at the minute? and what is the deep like compared to the epon and the gft 1//?

i dont want to say a word until the honeymoon is over, if i did i could be eating my words next month. Today i have 9 holes of free time to get them out and in play. Im taking the type X 5 iron, Type J 5 iron, and ViQ 5 iron along with both drivers and the rest of the viq forged set.

oh yeah and the fourteen UT-106 hybrid for the first time today with its stock stiff shaft.

i dont want to say a word until the honeymoon is over, if i did i could be eating my words next month. Today i have 9 holes of free time to get them out and in play. Im taking the type X 5 iron, Type J 5 iron, and ViQ 5 iron along with both drivers and the rest of the viq forged set.

oh yeah and the fourteen UT-106 hybrid for the first time today with its stock stiff shaft.

sounds like a man that has eat his words many times in the past! - reminds me of someone.... :tsg_smilie_whistle:

Let me know how you get on mate!

Size wise the 2007 ViQ Forged iron vs the old ViQ forged are pretty close.

The heel of the 2007's are a tad taller than the old version and the sweetspot is according to Tourstage 0.6mm higher. They measured true loft on the 5 iron and the 2007's are a little stronger at 25.2* while the old ViQ was 25.8*.

Size wise the 2007 ViQ Forged iron vs the old ViQ forged are pretty close.

The heel of the 2007's are a tad taller than the old version and the sweetspot is according to Tourstage 0.6mm higher. They measured true loft on the 5 iron and the 2007's are a little stronger at 25.2* while the old ViQ was 25.8*.

cool interesting info gocchin, have you hit these yourself?

there are sooooo many irons out there at the minute that i wanna hit -

in the post are another set of the nc1s, gauge ccbs, i wanna try the type x epons with different shafts and now i have seen these i think i wanna hit these also! ooooo the life of a hoe!

any feedback on these puppies from any member would be greatly appreciated. Also i would be interested in hearing about their head weights - in order to choose a shaft for them!

I haven't hit either sorry!

But I do read a lot. :tsg_smiley_embarrassed:

Tourstage also says that the Center of Gravity is actually 0.5mm higher on the 2007, allowing for slightly more penetrating ball flight and spin. The 2007 also has higher MOI.

Edited by gocchin

After much thought and many many annoying questions aimed at chris - i have decided to give the deep and the irons a try. I am carrying out a big club test. ,......

in the last week i have bought the gauge design nc1s custom fitted, gauge design ccbs custom fitted, tourstage viq 2 custom fitted and a set of custom fitted scratch irons. all the lofts and lies on the irons are the same and hopefully I find i like one of the sets lol! if not i will have to shoot myself.

I will take photos of the clubmanship that both chris - Gauge and tourstage and Ari - Scratch have put into the irons.

I will report on feel, forgiveness, distance and all round playability! In terms of looks i think the VIQ 2 have the heads up lol.

After much thought and many many annoying questions aimed at chris - i have decided to give the deep and the irons a try. I am carrying out a big club test. ,......

in the last week i have bought the gauge design nc1s custom fitted, gauge design ccbs custom fitted, tourstage viq 2 custom fitted and a set of custom fitted scratch irons. all the lofts and lies on the irons are the same and hopefully I find i like one of the sets lol! if not i will have to shoot myself.

I will take photos of the clubmanship that both chris - Gauge and tourstage and Ari - Scratch have put into the irons.

I will report on feel, forgiveness, distance and all round playability! In terms of looks i think the VIQ 2 have the heads up lol.

Can't wait for that write-up!! :tsg_smilie_cool:

Just don't shoot yourself. Who would get all those fabulous Epon drivers and numerous sets of clubs?? :tsg_smiley_laughatyou: :tsg_smilie_confused:

:tsg_smiley_no: lol i dunno. I'll have to put somethin down in the will! - whats your name and address again? lol

Hey plus1, we need to know if you favor the Miuras, the Gauge or the Epon irons :atsg_logo_anim:

At least I NEED TO KNOW NOW :tsg_smiley_laughatyou: :tsg_smilie_wink:

Hey plus1, we need to know if you favor the Miuras, the Gauge or the Epon irons :atsg_logo_anim:

At least I NEED TO KNOW NOW :tsg_smiley_laughatyou: :tsg_smilie_wink:

sorry it has been a long time since i have updated the ''whats in the bag''! That test was taken a good while ago.

The Miura were a solid iron, but they just lacked the x factor! They were much more firm than the epon or gauge and imo didnt not match the craftsmanship.

The epons are an extremely well put together set of irons, pure feeling when struck and looks are outstanding, forgiveness was so so imo but that was made up for by the pure endo feel.

The gauge handmades are my personal favourites and prob always will be. the quality of the forging and the feel from these is truely IN ANOTHER LEAGUE! my problem is that i do not want to use them any more - as they are too pretty to use lol! I recently bought the g field nc1s which really did not compare in quality to the handmades - however still a greta iron.

I am in the process of choosing my gamers - hence why i have sooo many irons to test - i have a funny feeling the set i will use will either be the tourstage viq2 that gives the buttery endo feel and looks unreal or else the quality fully customed scratch that are on their way. - we will have to wait and see lol.

:tsg_smiley_no: lol i dunno. I'll have to put somethin down in the will! - whats your name and address again? lol

Blader-X at TourSpecGolf.com :tsg_smiley_laughatyou:

Will be waiting axiously for review. :tsg_smilie_cool:

sorry it has been a long time since i have updated the ''whats in the bag''! That test was taken a good while ago.

The Miura were a solid iron, but they just lacked the x factor! They were much more firm than the epon or gauge and imo didnt not match the craftsmanship.

The epons are an extremely well put together set of irons, pure feeling when struck and looks are outstanding, forgiveness was so so imo but that was made up for by the pure endo feel.

The gauge handmades are my personal favourites and prob always will be. the quality of the forging and the feel from these is truely IN ANOTHER LEAGUE! my problem is that i do not want to use them any more - as they are too pretty to use lol! I recently bought the g field nc1s which really did not compare in quality to the handmades - however still a greta iron.

I am in the process of choosing my gamers - hence why i have sooo many irons to test - i have a funny feeling the set i will use will either be the tourstage viq2 that gives the buttery endo feel and looks unreal or else the quality fully customed scratch that are on their way. - we will have to wait and see lol.

Thanks for your mini review :tsg_smilie_smile:

Do you still play with Japanese forged irons in ireland in the winter season ?

I've placed my Miura's and ;Mizuno's in the closet and now play with the excellent cast Ping S58's (I'm from Denmark - we have 50° fahrenheit right now and its going down, but still no snow.....yet)

Did you really feel like the Miuras were firm ?

What shaft do you have installed in your irons ?

Have you ever considered Custom Mizuno irons ?