Tourstage 2007 ViQ DEEP Driver & Forged Irons

TourSpecGolfer

In relation to irons and me playing in ireland - yes i play forged all year round! I never worry about thm getting dinged up because i never have them long enough for that to actually happen! lol.

In terms of the miura they were a firm crisp feeling that was nice when hit slightly towards the heel.

In terms of comparisson I would HIGHLY reccommend you to try the likes of the epon / tourstage irons from the endo factory or else

Or you could even try to get get your hands on an older set of original nc1s / gauge fcbs or gauge handmades.......NOW THATS WHAT I CALL FORGING!

seeing this is a tourstage thread, i dont wanna threadjack - so why dont you pm me and discuss.

Bj

PS dorkman - you called your dog greta? - :tsg_smilie_whistle:

GretE is a common name in Scandinavian countries - and I guees GretA is pretty common in Germany, Austria and Schwitzerland - so they probably have a lot of big dogs wallking around there named Greta :tsg_smiley_laughatyou:

:tsg_smiley_devil::tsg_smiley_rambo:

:atsg_logo_anim::tsg_smiley_rambo:

:ntsg_smilie_bulls**t: :tsg_smiley_rambo:

In relation to irons and me playing in ireland - yes i play forged all year round! I never worry about thm getting dinged up because i never have them long enough for that to actually happen! lol.

In terms of the miura they were a firm crisp feeling that was nice when hit slightly towards the heel.

In terms of comparisson I would HIGHLY reccommend you to try the likes of the epon / tourstage irons from the endo factory or else

Or you could even try to get get your hands on an older set of original nc1s / gauge fcbs or gauge handmades.......NOW THATS WHAT I CALL FORGING!

OK, I'll PM you :tsg_smiley_driver: ......later..... :tsg_smiley_golfcart:

Edited by Claus

You bet. She was an exceptionally beautiful German Shepherd, and probably the most intelligent dog I've ever had. We got her as an 18 month old after our elderly Golden Retriever died. It took her less than an hour to figure out how to open the latch on on our back yard gates, but she didn't want to run away; she just came and waited by our front door. Inside the house, we also had "doorknobs" that weren't round, but were a horizontal bar to twist. After watching us open those, she learned to open them quite quickly. She also had an unusually large "vocabulary" of understood words which would prompt her into responding appropriately when she heard them. We used to have to verbally spell certain words in her presence to avoid confusing her into taking inappropriate actions. What a great dog she was......

Edited by dorkman53

You bet. She was an exceptionally beautiful German Shepherd, and probably the most intelligent dog I've ever had. We got her as an 18 month old after our elderly Golden Retriever died. It took her less than an hour to figure out how to open the latch on on our back yard gates, but she didn't want to run away; she just came and waited by our front door. Inside the house, we also had "doorknobs" that weren't round, but were a horizontal bar to twist. After watching us open those, she learned to open them quite quickly. She also had an unusually large "vocabulary" of understood words which would prompt her into responding appropriately when she heard them. We used to have to verbally spell certain words in her presence to avoid confusing her into taking inappropriate actions. What a great dog she was......

lol sounds like a wee genius! I have a German Shepherd named Matilda - She too is Gem! :tsg_smilie_cool:

Guys havenot had a chance to take any photos etc but i did an extensive testing session yesterday between the - g field nc1

- g field ccb

- scratch ar1

- viq2 forged

Simple and esy to say that they was one clear winner - for ll round playability, length, workability and forgivenes - viq2 take the award.

I was very shocked when i got them through the post - they are bigger than i expected, look fantastic in the bag and fantastic from address. The feel is very close imo to the epon but probably not as good ( working from memory at this stage - so not really fair).

I also thought it was extremely noticeable the amount of forgiveness offered - i put some real crappy swings on them only to watch the ball fly high and sweet! It was kinda wierd as with such swings i would normally be stirring bogey in the face.

So this was just a brief update of the viq2 irons - hopefully after some proper time and play i will be able to give a full review. Thanks

I built a set of soft stepped stiff flex ViQ2's for P1 im glad he is happy with them, these are the only irons that have put up a serious fight against my type J's, also the Srixon ZR-600's were awesome too, imo very similar to the VIQ2 but the feel just isnt as pure.

Im now hitting the Epon PRO-II irons and loving it, just wish there wasnt an undercut in the long irons as it hurts the feel factor, other than that they are almost as pure as the type J, just a hair bigger and very forgiving for my game.

I too feel that miura irons are a bit more firm than others.

Hey Claus, wish i met you several months ago as I was in Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Slovakia, Croatia, London, Paris, Scotland etc..etc.. etc.. for over a year.

I will be back to the EU once or twice in 2007, i would love to get together and play a round with you or plus1. problem is i have a mental block on links courses. worse scores ever!

I built a set of soft stepped stiff flex ViQ2's for P1 im glad he is happy with them, these are the only irons that have put up a serious fight against my type J's, also the Srixon ZR-600's were awesome too, imo very similar to the VIQ2 but the feel just isnt as pure.

Im now hitting the Epon PRO-II irons and loving it, just wish there wasnt an undercut in the long irons as it hurts the feel factor, other than that they are almost as pure as the type J, just a hair bigger and very forgiving for my game.

Hey Claus, wish i met you several months ago as I was in Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Slovakia, Croatia, London, Paris, Scotland etc..etc.. etc.. for over a year.

I will be back to the EU once or twice in 2007, i would love to get together and play a round with you or plus1. problem is i have a mental block on links courses. worse scores ever!

chris u certainly did build them for me and the irons are set up perfect! shafts play a dream - lofts and lies are spot on and the tirn around time was unreal! thanks

as for the links courses lol - you woman :tsg_smiley_laughatyou: :tsg_smiley_yes: :tsg_smilie_cool: lol!

i have to say that i am comparing the feel of the viq2 with a memory of teh feel of the type x and the type j...........now i am sure that the viq feel more solid than the x but not quite as good as the j.

Seeing you have all 3 sets in hand could u comment on the feel of the type j , pro 11 and the viq2?

How would you rate the offset in the VIQ irons, Chris ?

Is it tolerable to look at from top position ?

What is the Epon Pro II irons - a newer version of Type J ?

Would love to play a round with you Chris & Plus1 - PM me for further information, when you are in the neighbourhood :tsg_smiley_yes: :atsg_logo_anim:

May I ask why you were in Europe for that long - did you promote your golf store or do have friends or relatives there ?

I see that you live in both Italy, Hawaii and Japan - are you originally from Hawaii, Italy or the US ?

Edited by TourSpecGolfer

The ViQ's offset is perfect with me, still minimal imo. With all 3 sets i rate the type J ahead and beyond in the feel and setup deparment, the PRO-II has the same type J feel in the short irons but the long feel just a tad softer than the type X. The ViQ2 has the most forgiving long irons and feels really nice at impact because their is no undercut and it is premium endo forged.

Type J is in a different class, its in the true players CB range like the CB-1006 and the Fourteen 770 Forged.

The ViQ 2, Pro II, and Srixon ZR600 are for the good player yet one who is looking for somthing less demanding.

To answer your question claus, born and raised in Hawaii, lived in Japan for four years and return twice a year. The only thing i love more than golf is travel, Europe was pure bliss for me, tuff due to the lack of technology and loads of red tape but by far has the most beautiful sites in the world.

here are the PRO-II's

Picture-092.jpg

Picture-107.jpg