gauge design handmades

honma man

I am new to this site and the first thing i saw was the gauge design handmades and i think they are the best irons i ever saw. My question is how many sets were made because it seems only one guy on this site has them and he would rather sell his kids than these clubs. does anybody else have them or does anybody know where i can get a near new set of these thanks

I am new to this site and the first thing i saw was the gauge design handmades and i think they are the best irons i ever saw. My question is how many sets were made because it seems only one guy on this site has them and he would rather sell his kids than these clubs. does anybody else have them or does anybody know where i can get a near new set of these thanks

My suggestion is to join the line.

I wasn't aware that plus 1 had any kids, however the information I have is there was somewhere between 10 and 25 sets produced. Not really enough to go round the members of the site let alone the greater global golfing population. The G-Field NC1s are pretty close from all reports.

The more you read from plus 1, the more you realise he is a very astute club collector / trader. (A good bloke and a complete club ho also come to mind).

My suggestion is to join the line.

I wasn't aware that plus 1 had any kids, however the information I have is there was somewhere between 10 and 25 sets produced. Not really enough to go round the members of the site let alone the greater global golfing population. The G-Field NC1s are pretty close from all reports.

The more you read from plus 1, the more you realise he is a very astute club collector / trader. (A good bloke and a complete club ho also come to mind).

I would have to argue with that last point phil ! lol

As for the nc1 vs the handmades i would have to say that yes they look similar - the finish is completely different - and the feel is completely different! the handmades are my favourite feeling set ever - it combines the soft buttery feel with a really solid hit. In no way are they muchy!

Lucky for me in this time of my life i have no kids - but the point remains the same - if i had kids i would rather swap one of them lololol!

I would have to argue with that last point phil ! lol

As for the nc1 vs the handmades i would have to say that yes they look similar - the finish is completely different - and the feel is completely different! the handmades are my favourite feeling set ever - it combines the soft buttery feel with a really solid hit. In no way are they muchy!

Lucky for me in this time of my life i have no kids - but the point remains the same - if i had kids i would rather swap one of them lololol!

Would you take one of my children in exchange for one of your sets of handmades LOL

If not how about two of them LOL LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I think its closer to about 50-100 sets made. My problem with them is in the PW. its very rounded when compared to the 9 iron.

I think Carlton Masui did the grind on these.

I think its closer to about 50-100 sets made. My problem with them is in the PW. its very rounded when compared to the 9 iron.

I think Carlton Masui did the grind on these.

NO!!!! Sorry Chris, this is a strength of the set-- most JDM sets have PW and 9-irons that look like shovels (my gauge FCBs included!!)... these are beautifully sculpted and smaller profile-- best looking CB design Gauge has ever done IMHO... Hmmmm... 100 sets and I had THREE!!!!!

Edited by siteseer2

NO!!!! Sorry Chris, this is a strength of the set-- most JDM sets have PW and 9-irons that look like shovels (my gauge FCBs included!!)... these are beautifully sculpted and smaller profile-- best looking CB design Gauge has ever done IMHO... Hmmmm... 100 sets and I had THREE!!!!!

As far as i can remember it was much closer to the 50 mark - and like yourself sites i have 3 lol!

In terms of the pw i would agree with yourself as i feel that the pw is a good size and certainly not oversized like the rest of the japan iron models.

HA! Im on to you guys and I see what you are doing, hoarding all the new sets and elevating the prices so when the time is good you will pounce and scoop your piles of paypal money. :atsg_smilie_roll:

NAH... read more closely...I HAD three... Plus 1 was a beneficiary of a weak moment... and so I have 1... :atsg_smilie_roll:

Siteseer,

Cool, I'm in 2nd place behind plus1 with my 2 sets! (^_^) Hit the used set with s200's @ the range again today in the snow with range rocks & they still felt sweeet. Unreal set for sure although the fcb's have a pretty distinct 'soft feel' as well.

Dave

Let's see pics from those lucky enough to have these rare gems.

Plus 1 has provided the photos of these in the "What's in the Bag" section.

Good lookin clubs!!

I'll have a full GD thread up within the week! (weather permitting)

Bring it on Dave!!

• 2 weeks later...
thats them alright - such a shame they are just sitting in my garage looking pretty! lol

They are so pure - i just dont wanna hit them

Sorry for the slight threadjack, but +1 are they sitting in a Gauge Design bag? Did GD ever expand into accessories such as a stand bag or staff bag.

Back on topic...still hoping to read and see dcc14's review of his GD horde...

One has a hole in it. (Sorry)

Edited by Duffer19