RODDIO Shaft By DaiwaSeiko

reggie

In a recent Golf Gear shootout with Rombax V, Diamana White, Tour AD PT-6, Mizuno Quad6, Axiv-V, and Roddio, the Roddio actually out performed all the other shafts especially on the total distance by a large margin. I have the video, perhaps I will post it up.... (^_^)

Gocchin, when will Part 2 of the 6 shaft shootout be posted?

It looks like this shaft is piquing alot of curiousity so we're all eagerly awaiting Part 2 in actual course conditions.

Hey guys,

I have had the Roddio in the bag for abour 9 months. I have tried it in both a Driver and a FW. My honest opinion is that the Roddio Proto in my 3 wood will not leave my bag until it breaks and I can't get another one. I have had Pro95's, HK-Pro110's, ProtoPype's, Harrison's, Tour-AD's, etc in the fairways and no shaft has performed like the Roddio. First swing I ever took with the club was a 280 yard rocket out of the rough. Ivan, (pga_apprentice on golfwrx,) says I would be stupid to every switch from my current setup. I have had 3 types of Proto's. Two in the Ion Black finish and one with a graphite fiber fading to silver Ion. Still have two of them. The one in the 3 wood is 73g and the spare right now is 80g, may be in a hybrid soon. I suggest anyone out there to give this shaft a try!!!

The Daiwa prototypes I believe are the same specs as the retail models but without the all weather resistance finish and special Roddio patented clear coat that protects the shaft from scratching, not to mention the wicked paint job. They say Pro's were asking for it to be a tad lighter and the paint job actually added some unnecessary weight. Is there a model number on it? I think i can get you the exact details on that shaft. It is amazing you had one 9 months ago!

Thanks again Gocchin. I was wondering about the conversion of swingspeed of mph vs m/s. Thanks for giving us a frame of reference. Guess I made the right choice the first time choosing the W-6WA as I like to go hard on the downswing. TSG said that by the end of Feb, the site should have the Roddio's put up and we'll have a bunch of choices. I hope TourspecGirl can also do fittings for the shaft. Looks like this shaft is a winner--now just waiting for you to put up the video. :tsg_smiley_question:

To convert mph to m/s, multiply your mph X 0.45

It's just a matter of getting the units right for hours, seconds, miles, meters, etc.

For my 95 mph driver swing, it translates into 42.75 m/s

By the way, what is the kickpoint, tip stiffness, and typical trajectory of the various Roddio models?

Edited by dorkman53

To convert mph to m/s, multiply your mph X 0.45

It's just a matter of getting the units right for hours, seconds, miles, meters, etc.

For my 95 mph driver swing, it translates into 42.75 m/s

By the way, what is the kickpoint, tip stiffness, and typical trajectory of the various Roddio models?

Thanks for the helpful info.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to chime in... I am one of the original testers for the Roddio shaft. The shop I go to here in S CA. was charged with the job of putting out as many prototypes to as many different golfers as possible. I played at least 2 different shafts in every weight category from 60g - 90g. I also handed out at least 6 to various friends of varying handicaps and swing styles.

The shaft is sensitive to tipping, so be sure to get fitted prior to installation. As a "hitter", I had tremendous success with the shaft. I also know a 2 or 3 swingers that still play the original protoypes. I usually play shafts with a torque rating no higher than the low 2s, but had no trouble with dispersion with the models I tried...all of which rated somewhere in the high 2s or low-to-mid 3s.

I raved about these shafts over a year ago and I'm glad they were finally able to put out a product for the masses.

Bump for a fascinating topic

Anyone else tried this shaft or have any info on when the part 2 testing will be available. Would love to see this go head to head with the X-con 6 :tsg_smilie_fever:

I'm also eagerly waiting for Part 2 of the testing.

In the Japan Fair 2007 Golf Forum, TSG states that Daiwa doesn't want the shafts sold separately or something to that nature and it has to be installed by a factory trained individual to put the shaft on properly--no spining, no flo'ing, etc. CPM's are also different according to TSG because they don't use the 5 or 7 inch clamps.

Thank goodness that TSGirl is being taught how to fit us for the shafts and they're training TSG how to install the shafts properly with tipping Instruction Manuals.

• 2 weeks later...

We had the chance to sit down with the Daiwa Japan team including the creator of the Roddio Shaft just a couple of weeks ago. This shaft is sensitive to tipping, also cpm adjustment is not done as easily as the originals are not calculated from a 5" or 7" clamp or what American club makers use i.e Digi Flex etc..

Shafts are not to be sold alone brand new anywhere, Only installed by trained Daiwa approved club makers. Each time we do an install of a Roddio shaft for our customers we must send Roddio HQ in Tokyo a card that details the install and specifications of the clubs final build specs w/ serial number.

Sound Crazy? Its not, this is how Daiwa does things, very exclusive.

The WA model Pentacross is for the hard hitter with a fast and powerful motion minimizing spin and taking the left side out of play.

( RODDIO's designer says the WA model is for the person with wrist lag )

The BA model is made for the player with more of a smooth fluid motion. The BA is built for slightly more spin, maximum carry and difficult to push right. ( If you have less wrist lag the BA model is suggested )

We had the chance to sit down with the Daiwa Japan team including the creator of the Roddio Shaft just a couple of weeks ago. This shaft is sensitive to tipping, also cpm adjustment is not done as easily as the originals are not calculated from a 5" or 7" clamp or what American club makers use i.e Digi Flex etc..

Shafts are not to be sold alone brand new anywhere, Only installed by trained Daiwa approved club makers. Each time we do an install of a Roddio shaft for our customers we must send Roddio HQ in Tokyo a card that details the install and specifications of the clubs final build specs w/ serial number.

Sound Crazy? Its not, this is how Daiwa does things, very exclusive.

The WA model Pentacross is for the hard hitter with a fast and powerful motion minimizing spin and taking the left side out of play.

( RODDIO's designer says the WA model is for the person with wrist lag )

The BA model is made for the player with more of a smooth fluid motion. The BA is built for slightly more spin, maximum carry and difficult to push right. ( If you have less wrist lag the BA model is suggested )

This would make those of us living in Canada that want rto retrofit an existing driver more challenging, shipping and tax/duty wise.

• 2 weeks later...

Only 27 authorized available shafts for the USA market until RODDIO decides its presence in the American market.

We have all 27 of these shafts, we are not making these available to the public. Only hardcore TSG'ers!

here are the requirements:

1. You have purchased and tested 2 of the following from us: DREV, Mach Line, AXIV, Tour AD, Ozik, ARMRQ, Mizuno Quad.

2. your post count is 100+

3. Its going into a name brand driver

4. Its built by Tourspecgolf using the Roddio Studio Mannual

If anyone is interested who has met these requirements let me know. We would appreciate your feedback after you hit the club we build for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone help please?

The shafts just arrived at TSG last week and are only getting put together/sent out now. Give it some time and there will be feedback from at least a few users. I will hit mine Tuesday with the Epon and at least be able to compare it to a Code 6, Axiv, and Diamana Red.

• 4 weeks later...

Im loving it. Its one of many i really enjoy right now but its smooth, kicks almost as hard as the axiv yet its very stable. The 6WA is what im hitting best. I also have the BA, it is longer for me with better hang time but the WA model comes out low and climbs strong.

I've been hitting the Roddio for over a week now. I absolutely love it. I actually think it has more feel than the Axiv, just as much kick. I've got it shafted up with a Inpres X 460D that I got from Chris... I'm hitting it straighter and longer than my Epon/Axiv combo... Really happy with this shaft!