RODDIO Shaft By DaiwaSeiko

reggie

Does anybody have any info on the RODDIO shaft made by DAIWA? I've been told that it's their version of the Axiv V and the new Rombax but that came from a source who was only guessing. I was going to have one put on the new ON/OFF Plus Driver I ordered but I just need any kind of feedback before I deposit more money into another persons account. lol

And if you have any info, what's the better shaft, the TYPE-WA or the TYPE-BA--I don't know how to read Japanese and in their website (www.roddio.jp/products.html) it had these two products to choose from depending on how one swung. Thanks in advance.

they say that it is a 5 ply shaft, to where as the axiv-v is a 4 ply. i got one on my driver now the on/off 450cc 9* head.

w-7wa, it's 74 grams 3.5 torque x-flex. not bad at all.

Thanks for the reply. Have you had any experience with the Axiv-V or the new Rombax? How does it compare it to the Roddio? Distance? Does it play a flex softer? Does it give the kick that they say the Axiv-V is famous for? Am really excited about the shaft now because of your feedback.

I've been playing the Axiv-v all this time being that i'm factory trained by mamiya but i thought that i try new stuff.

the roddio stayed in the driver for a month and now i'm trying the rombax x with a s-yard trx head that my friend

from the tour division in japan told me to try. i think that i'm going back to the axiv-v. the rombax feels a little soft

and i feel that i can get more distance with the axiv-v.

(personal testing of course)

Thanks again for your genuine feedback. I guess you feel the Axiv V is the better shaft than the Roddio and new Rombax. I'll probably end up having the Roddio shaft put in and purchase an Axiv V 6070 shaft just in case the Roddio doesn't work--Unless you or someone in here talks me out of the Roddio and just purchase the Axiv V because the difference between the two is slight or that the Axiv V is really that much longer and better. :atsg_smilie_roll:

Carl, is there any chance of posting your bag in the "What's in the Bag" section. It sounds like a real beauty!

Sorry for the threadjack boys.

i would but i don't know how to............

i can do clubs but very dumb at computers.... sorry.

Thanks again for the reply. By any chance, are you located out here in California? It'd be great to have someone with your talents here to have our clubs fixed. I have alot of friends who would die to use your services. Am already ordering the Axiv V 6070. Any instructions needed as to how to put this shaft on? Or does it even matter how this gets put on--logo up, sideways, etc.?

I'll hedge and get the On/Off with the Roddio shaft since you also considered it not bad--at least it sounded like that and that you thought it was better than the new Rombax. It doesn't hurt to have the two shafts lying around in case one of them acts up.

In a recent Golf Gear shootout with Rombax V, Diamana White, Tour AD PT-6, Mizuno Quad6, Axiv-V, and Roddio, the Roddio actually out performed all the other shafts especially on the total distance by a large margin. I have the video, perhaps I will post it up.... (^_^)

i'm in hawaii. the logo should be either up or down and NEVER sidewards. and it depends on how you adjust the cpm"s to get the best performance out of the shaft. alot of people just stick the shaft in and expect the thing to work. ya maybe you'll get luck once in awile but most times you need to adjust it for the player.

Thank you once again for your helpful response. If the Roddio doesn't work out, I'll PM you and ask you how much you charge to put the Axiv V shaft on to make it work as well for me as you did for Tad. :tsg_smilie_laugh:

In a recent Golf Gear shootout with Rombax V, Diamana White, Tour AD PT-6, Mizuno Quad6, Axiv-V, and Roddio, the Roddio actually out performed all the other shafts especially on the total distance by a large margin. I have the video, perhaps I will post it up.... (^_^)

Forget the video, just tell me who this lovely girl in your new Avatar.

Sorry T, the cold weather and the snow is getting to me.

Forget the video, just tell me who this lovely girl in your new Avatar.

Sorry T, the cold weather and the snow is getting to me.

You're not alone my friend... it's absolutely depressing... I can't stand this weather.

My avatar: http://www.inpakuto.com/

I'm going rip that video on the shafts a bit later...

You're not alone my friend... it's absolutely depressing... I can't stand this weather.

My avatar: http://www.inpakuto.com/

I'm going rip that video on the shafts a bit later...

Thanks Gocchin!!! Can't wait to see the video of the testing and salivate at the results about the Roddio whether good or bad!!! It looks like I may have lucked out and picked a good shaft despite not being able to read Japanese. In the video, will it state which of the two types of Roddio shaft is used and state why it was used because of the way it was swung--how to select the right shaft for you? How about how to install the Roddio shafts? So many questions. So little time.

We've had El Nino here in Northern California so the golf has been tremendous for this time of year. I know we need the water to avoid another drought but for the small minded like me, it's a good thing to be able to play golf almost any day and see the course in decent shape at this time of the year. :tsg_smilie_laugh:

We sell Roddio shafts!

I will add it to the pro shop soon.

How soon will it be added to the pro shop? Am interested to know if I paid too much for the shaft and other goodies from my buddy who's buying things for me while visiting Japan on a business trip. lol

It's fantastic that you quickly add all these wonderful items in a heartbeat. Too bad it wasn't in the catalog earlier but now I know where to get another one and if it works out, I'm sure the groupies here in NorCal will follow suit. :tsg_smilie_laugh:

Remember Guys Pro Shop in some cases displays MAPP prices. If you are an active poster you send PM to me for special prices.

Hi Reggie, it was the W6BA that they used in the comparison...

shootout.jpg

Thanks Gocchin. I had to go the the website just now to find out which one that was. I still can't make out if that is for the slower tempo swingers or the hard swingers as I just can't find anyone who can translate for me. I ordered the Roddio W-6WA but based on what you just reported, I have to call my friend later today and see if he can change that to the W6BA. Do you know what the swing speed was when they had the test? That's the only way I can guess now what shaft to acquire. Many Thanks again.

Thanks Gocchin. I had to go the the website just now to find out which one that was. I still can't make out if that is for the slower tempo swingers or the hard swingers as I just can't find anyone who can translate for me. I ordered the Roddio W-6WA but based on what you just reported, I have to call my friend later today and see if he can change that to the W6BA. Do you know what the swing speed was when they had the test? That's the only way I can guess now what shaft to acquire. Many Thanks again.

All the shafts were using a Winbird Vertex 450cc head (japanese component head).

The tester was Kenji Tanaka, Golf Gear's regular pro. He swings between 105-108 or so mph usually.

The Roddio had the fastest ball speed off the face and the second least back spin which resulted in 276y carry and total distance of 295y!!

All the shafts were using a Winbird Vertex 450cc head (japanese component head).

The tester was Kenji Tanaka, Golf Gear's regular pro. He swings between 105-108 or so mph usually.

The Roddio had the fastest ball speed off the face and the second least back spin which resulted in 276y carry and total distance of 295y!!

Many thanks again!!! My swing speed is 100-105 but when I jump on it I know I can swing within the 110 mph range. Looks like you enlightened me with the shaft I should choose. You're the best!!! I sent a PM to TSG and am waiting to find out prices for the Roddio.

If I read the site correctly, BA is for Swinger (easier swing) and WA is for harder swing. At 105 to 110 mph, WA should not be an issue. My SS is only 88 hence 5BA would be my shaft. Gocchin can confirm this.

If I read the site correctly, BA is for Swinger (easier swing) and WA is for harder swing. At 105 to 110 mph, WA should not be an issue. My SS is only 88 hence 5BA would be my shaft. Gocchin can confirm this.

Yes that's correct. BA is more for a smooth swing while the WA is more for quick tempo hard downswing. So Reggie I guess it more depends on the type of swing you have.

And based on swing speed, the 6 series Roddio shafts pretty much cover a broad group of speeds (92mph up to 115mph) with it's 3 flexes.

products_headspeed_fig.gif

Yes that's correct. BA is more for a smooth swing while the WA is more for quick tempo hard downswing. So Reggie I guess it more depends on the type of swing you have.

And based on swing speed, the 6 series Roddio shafts pretty much cover a broad group of speeds (92mph up to 115mph) with it's 3 flexes.

products_headspeed_fig.gif

Thanks again Gocchin. I was wondering about the conversion of swingspeed of mph vs m/s. Thanks for giving us a frame of reference. Guess I made the right choice the first time choosing the W-6WA as I like to go hard on the downswing. TSG said that by the end of Feb, the site should have the Roddio's put up and we'll have a bunch of choices. I hope TourspecGirl can also do fittings for the shaft. Looks like this shaft is a winner--now just waiting for you to put up the video. :tsg_smilie_laugh:

Edited by reggie

Thanks Gocchin for putting up the review and video on this site so quickly. Wish I understood Japanese so I could figure out what they were talking about after every impact and what Kenji felt about the shots reviewed.

Hey guys,

I have had the Roddio in the bag for abour 9 months. I have tried it in both a Driver and a FW. My honest opinion is that the Roddio Proto in my 3 wood will not leave my bag until it breaks and I can't get another one. I have had Pro95's, HK-Pro110's, ProtoPype's, Harrison's, Tour-AD's, etc in the fairways and no shaft has performed like the Roddio. First swing I ever took with the club was a 280 yard rocket out of the rough. Ivan, (pga_apprentice on golfwrx,) says I would be stupid to every switch from my current setup. I have had 3 types of Proto's. Two in the Ion Black finish and one with a graphite fiber fading to silver Ion. Still have two of them. The one in the 3 wood is 73g and the spare right now is 80g, may be in a hybrid soon. I suggest anyone out there to give this shaft a try!!!

post-5998-1170361738.jpg

Hey guys,

I have had the Roddio in the bag for abour 9 months. I have tried it in both a Driver and a FW. My honest opinion is that the Roddio Proto in my 3 wood will not leave my bag until it breaks and I can't get another one. I have had Pro95's, HK-Pro110's, ProtoPype's, Harrison's, Tour-AD's, etc in the fairways and no shaft has performed like the Roddio. First swing I ever took with the club was a 280 yard rocket out of the rough. Ivan, (pga_apprentice on golfwrx,) says I would be stupid to every switch from my current setup. I have had 3 types of Proto's. Two in the Ion Black finish and one with a graphite fiber fading to silver Ion. Still have two of them. The one in the 3 wood is 73g and the spare right now is 80g, may be in a hybrid soon. I suggest anyone out there to give this shaft a try!!!

post-5998-1170361738.jpg

In your opinion is your proto shaft more like the WA (for faster swingers) or the BA (for the smooth swingers)?

In your opinion is your proto shaft more like the WA (for faster swingers) or the BA (for the smooth swingers)?

My 3 wood shaft is definetly for the hard - fast swingers. I put more torque on my shafts than anyone I know. (Not neccesarily a good thing) The other proto, the 80g, is a little in between. I think was originally for smoother swings, but it was tipped about an inch. Little harsh for a driver, that's why I want to trim it and stick it in a hybrid to try it out.