RODDIO PENTACROSS w/PiCs!

Very interesting results so far. Thanks to yourpressed some initial reviews. As more TSG'ers put this shaft into play please post your impressions often as this shaft seems to have far more questions than answers right now. Its even mysterious to how it is properly placed into a head. I know its got all of the TourSpec community intrigued! :atsg_logo_anim:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inital impressions of the Roddio W-6BA is that its locked in the bag to stay!!

The Axiv 6568M has been my favorite shaft for a few years now--and rightly so

for the feel and performance.. This shaft has always fit me perfect..

So I figured I'd get another Epon 460 10.5 Roddio Pentacross W-6BA to hit side by side to see what the rave is all about..... Now I'm the one raving :atsg_smilie_tourstage:

It hasn't been above 40* here in PA for over 2 weeks--and very few days its been fit to play since I got the new combo...

Took both drivers to the range to test beside each other---

The Epon/ Axiv for me is a no brainer--love the head-love the shaft ---so hitting it

on the range to me felt like no matter what else I hit--wouldn't feel as good be as workable.

Then I hit the Epon / Roddio ---first couple swings were just like the Axiv--smooth

and workable (but not as workable as the Axiv)--distance was a non factor because in this cold, wet and wind---I couldn't tell where the balls were landing

But this shaft has a feel all its own---this is what feel should feel like!!

After hitting about 20 balls with the Roddio---the workablity was a non issue---I could fade or draw it at will ----but although the distance seemed good---still couldn't tell if it was longer than the Axiv.., although it had a fast, piercing trajectory and it seemed like the ball got to where it was going as soon as it left the face..

So I played 2 full rounds with the Epon / Roddio --still in 38*-40*cold-wet weather ---

This combo couldn't play any better for me ----I could hit any kind of shot with ease----high/low/draw/fade ---and the feel is second to none

The best part of all of this ended up being the distance---I couldn't tell this on the range---but on the course my ball was ending up in places I hit to in the summer when I really crank one ---but this ended up being almost routine-----and my swing is in NO WAY in mid season form..

Far from it...

This shaft and this head are my Holy Grails!!! With the great feel of this shaft and the distance potential it gives me--my bag is completely set..

I'm glad I took the plunge

Thanks for the awesome feedback B! I think this is what a lot of people have been waiting for... hope to contribute some after I get on the launch monitor later this week!