RODDIO PENTACROSS w/PiCs!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE!

Does anyone who plays / has played with Roddios have more feedback and/or review of its performance? In comparison to other shafts (Axiv V, Quattro, Rombax, etc.)? Does it play to flex (softer / as stated / stiffer)?

Pentacross refers to the 5 weave pattern that Roddio uses for it's shafts. Penta=Five.

W-5BA is mine too!

Gocchin, can you give us a review? How does it compare to other shafts?

I have read that they are two tone, white one side, colour on the other - wicked! I would like to read a review from anyone who has used this shaft and who also has experience of the Axiv V, I just love this new technology - even if my bank manager doesn't!!!

If you guys looked in the Pro Shop you would see that all the models are two tone, BA one side white and blank the other colored with logos. WA is silver and blank and the other colored and logos.

Initial reports from most magazines is that the shaft is one of the best, as shown in the shaft shootout I posted on Inpakuto. Mid kickpoint resulting in optimal launch angles and really really good distance (beat Axiv V in the shootout by 14 yards with identical head)

I won't be able to play mine till this weekend.

If you guys looked in the Pro Shop you would see that all the models are two tone, BA one side white and blank the other colored with logos. WA is silver and blank and the other colored and logos.

Initial reports from most magazines is that the shaft is one of the best, as shown in the shaft shootout I posted on Inpakuto. Mid kickpoint resulting in optimal launch angles and really really good distance (beat Axiv V in the shootout by 14 yards with identical head)

I won't be able to play mine till this weekend.

As I checked, the white is WA. The BA is silver.

I like the white, and looking at the W-6WA now..

Edited by Z3RO

As I checked, the white is WA. The BA is silver.

I like the white, and looking at the W-6WA now..

Damn you're right... I guess it was just wishful thinking that my W5BA had white!!! (^_^)

W-7WA X flex looks extremely enticing, I have a 460P and absolutely hate the gd proto that came with it. was thinking of putting a 771 in there, but this rodio looks almost to good to miss

I'm very intrigued to hear more from all of you who are putting this shaft into play or will be putting this shaft into play. The W-8WA would be the choice for me, but then the Ozik F-7M also is there floating in my mind. This is getting to be like the choices in wedges. At least I solved that dilemma, now its off to which new shaft to put in a driver even though there's nothing wrong with my current model!!

UUUGGH, its all so maddening!! :tsg_smilie_surprise:

I have a W-6BA Stiff on the way to try out in my EPON 460---cleared customs in Chicago y'day morning and logged on this am and it says"misshipped'--they sent it to Gary, IN instead of Milwaukee.

I have 2 shafted right now both in EPON 460 10.5's--Altus stiff and a AD Quattro 65S. The Altus is the best combo I have tried so far out of the 4--Axiv, Accra, and Code 6. Just had the Quattro shafted this afternoon so hopefully will get a chance to try it out. The Roddio and the Quattro have their work cut out for them to beat the Altus.

The only club in question for this season--please hold your snicker, laughter, ridicule--is the driver. The EPON head is a lock but once I find the shaft all the extras will be in the TSG/BST.

GO HOYAS!!!!

I have a W-6BA Stiff on the way to try out in my EPON 460---cleared customs in Chicago y'day morning and logged on this am and it says"misshipped'--they sent it to Gary, IN instead of Milwaukee.

I have 2 shafted right now both in EPON 460 10.5's--Altus stiff and a AD Quattro 65S. The Altus is the best combo I have tried so far out of the 4--Axiv, Accra, and Code 6. Just had the Quattro shafted this afternoon so hopefully will get a chance to try it out. The Roddio and the Quattro have their work cut out for them to beat the Altus.

The only club in question for this season--please hold your snicker, laughter, ridicule--is the driver. The EPON head is a lock but once I find the shaft all the extras will be in the TSG/BST.

GO HOYAS!!!!

Can you give us a detailed report of how all the shafts (including the Roddio when you get it and try it) played (feel, length, trajectory, bias, stiffness, etc.)? Comparison. Also, a little background about your swing and normal shot. Thanks.

Can you give us a detailed report of how all the shafts (including the Roddio when you get it and try it) played (feel, length, trajectory, bias, stiffness, etc.)? Comparison. Also, a little background about your swing and normal shot. Thanks.

Sure will. Have access to a launch monitor but just can't swing naturally inside or off one of those plastic tees. I feel like I am swinging under a tree and have a hard time following through freely. Don't know why but just can't get comfortable.

Well won't be playing mine this weekend... it's still stuck in customs!! Dammit!

Your stuff always is in Customs! I remember it took like two weeks for your stuff to get there from Detroit...you must be on somebody's list!

Your stuff always is in Customs! I remember it took like two weeks for your stuff to get there from Detroit...you must be on somebody's list!

You know it man. I've been blacklisted. All you folks sending me stuff need to declare less than $20. (^_-)

You know it man. I've been blacklisted. All you folks sending me stuff need to declare less than $20. (^_-)

I sent you 2 large boxes with tons of shafts, catalogs, promo items, and golf clubs. We marked it 100 bucks. If they open that box they are gonna have a laugh because the value looks to be far more than that.

FYI guys, Mach Line has created the worlds first 6 layer wrap and the only 5 layer wrap since RODDIO making them the most advanced to date. Both prototype shafts have no graphics on them yet. One is coming our way.

I sent you 2 large boxes with tons of shafts, catalogs, promo items, and golf clubs. We marked it 100 bucks. If they open that box they are gonna have a laugh because the value looks to be far more than that.

FYI guys, Mach Line has created the worlds first 6 layer wrap and the only 5 layer wrap since RODDIO making them the most advanced to date. Both prototype shafts have no graphics on them yet. One is coming our way.

Yeah I pray to god they don't open it as the box with the shafts and clubs is worth 20x what you declared.... I don't think they will be laughing.. I certainly won't be if they find it!!! :tsg_smilie_laugh:

As for the Mach Line shafts this year... very exciting. They will be amazing I am sure and will really give people lots of choices this year...

Yeah I pray to god they don't open it as the box with the shafts and clubs is worth 20x what you declared.... I don't think they will be laughing.. I certainly won't be if they find it!!! :atsg_smilie_roll:

As for the Mach Line shafts this year... very exciting. They will be amazing I am sure and will really give people lots of choices this year...

Let's hope they're not fellow TSG'ers or else your in real trouble.

"Uh, Mr. Gocchin we seem to have lost your shipment sooo . . . we'll go ahead and refund you the cost. $100. We're very sorry for the mixup and we'll be sure to call you if we find it."

:tsg_smilie_laugh::tsg_smiley_thief:

:tsg_smiley_punkrock:

"Uh, Mr. Gocchin we seem to have lost your shipment sooo . . . we'll go ahead and refund you the cost. $100. We're very sorry for the mixup and we'll be sure to call you if we find it."

:tsg_smilie_laugh::atsg_smilie_roll:

They would receive a visit from me for sure... :tsg_smiley_thief:

Looks like it has been released from customs though and should be here tomorrow!

:tsg_smilie_smile2::tsg_smiley_thief:

No sign of my Roddio again today... those boys at customs must have it installed in a head and at the range... :atsg_smilie_roll: