Taylormade Japan Only Burner Irons w/PICS!

Are these available or are these pics just to tease?

• 2 weeks later...

Why Japan only? I know some might question the styling for the US/European market, but still some will buy on performance irrespective of looks even if initially put off. Some said no-one would ever buy a square driver either. I hope they do release some Burner irons in the US/Europe, even if they changed the styling a bit. Certainly the driver has been getting a lot of talk in golfing forums.

Having said that I haven't been impressed with the latest Taylormade GI irons. Especially the R7 Draws, which you'd think would be very forgiving since they are marketed towards the average joe who slices.

Edited by teak

They are alittle different but i kinda like them.

I have to admit that I am not a TM fan. I have played some of their clubs in the past, never was all that impressed.

But those Irons are just plain ugly....

:tsg_smiley_muscle:

Edited by idrive

I am a blade guy, but I have to agree, those are not very pretty.

TM is trying a different color scheme with the maroon? No doubt to promote the Burner series, just like how they touched on the r7 irons, but not to this extreme.

Looks like a set the creature from "Alien" would use.

Oh dear.

A lot of the guys I play over here have bags full of ten thousand dollar, gold plated, Honma twin Marks gear but even that stuff looks better than these Burners.

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried them here in Taiwan...basically what Japan has, Taiwan has, except some limited editions...

after I tried, I wondered why after the successful R7 series, TM has this weird looking iron set w/ not-so-good performance, maybe just for matching the graphic of the driver...

No doubt the look is not for everyone, but I imagine they feel great. Saturday night I picked up a new Burner TP 14.5 fairway wood on the stock shaft. Played only my 4th round this year :( but LOVED that club. The three wood is the one piece I have not been able to settle on, but hopefully this is it. Hit it once off the box and once off the mat and it was perfect each time. Looking forward to a range session. BTW, according to the shaft sticker, "head made in China, shaft made in China, assembled in USA". And you know what? It is solid as a rock :)