What are the worlds best wedges?

liveforegolf

One vote for Scratch wedges. Options are literally endless and Ari is great to deal with. If you are willing to drop 3 bills on a wedge a totally customized model is the way to go. They are incredibly soft and very well balanced.

Edited by mpd

The world's best wedges are whichever ones I happen to be playing at a particular moment. I've tried them all--every great JDM or U.S. wedge in every loft, grind, shaft and color. My love for each has come, gone, and many times, come again.

The best wedge is the one that looks great to you the day you have to play it. If the one that looks best to you stays the same, day in day out, then you're truly blessed (and you save a lot of money).

yes - it is a wide open question but post what you like.

--- sonartec -- wilson --- miura --- scratch -- what i have laying around here.. have spinners and project x shafts in them. what works for me..

all round .... gas 1/gas 2/gft wedges by gauge ($100 per new wedge cost nowadays)....

the chikaras are expensive....but a work of art....... (if money was no constraint... then chikaras else the gauge wedges)

been a long time tourstage maruyama wedge player, and even bought multiple of the sets for back-ups. have also played some very nice vokey prototypes, from the early years right up to present.

but nothing and i mean nothing comes close to my chikara's

IMO

If you figure cost into the equation...

EPON Copper X-Wedge is #1

The Chikara wedges are my #1 choice to play where cost isn't an issue.

The Yururi Raw 57 that I have is fantastic. Great from the day I put it in my bag. It is so versitile that I have removed my MPR 52 as I just don't hit it any more. I would love to try the Chikara 57, but can't justify buying a new one when I like the Yururi so much. Great looks, great feel, and lots of spin.

The Epon X-wedge cu for me.

Carry the 52 and 58, they aren't the highest spinning wedge in the world but you know they are going to one hop and 3-6 feet roll out consistantly. After one round felt like I've had them my whole golfing life.

Epon X is the best feeling. Yururi is a close second. Highest spinning wedge i've tried is the Epon Technity in black by far. Ridiculous. Sometimes i think it spins it too much.

Depends on one's needs. Example; if you are talking 60* I say my new Chikara is as good as it gets but for my 56* needs I go with Scratch all the way. Now if cost is a consideration both of these are out like Brittany Spears!

I have the 57* Chikara and love it. I also carry a 52* Bettinardi and love it as well (although I am considering the Chikara 52*)

I'm just interested in a little more information as to why Scratch is the way to go with the 56*, but Chikara with the 60*.

How does everyone think the Technity wedges compare? Everyone seems to think they spin alot but feel and grind?

They come recommended the same as the X-wedge. IMO

Excellent wedge

well im currently in love with my chikaras and i say they are easily my top 3 but i have not much experience with them but they are easily my favorite for now. but in terms of actual mileage and overall satisfaction i would say my all time favorite wedge are the ping mb tours. these things rocked and i still bring them with me to the range most of the time to actually practice with. the chikaras only see game time .

im quite curious about the epon copper x wedges. i havent had the chance to test them out. for now im not looking at other wedges because i have two of the best of both worlds. ping mb tours and chikaras.