Build your 3rd Car garage into a Hobbyist Clubmaking Room w/PICS!

TourSpecGolfer

I have decided to turn my empty garage into a club making room and thought it may be a process worth documenting for our members. I start with an empty 3rd car garage and the goal of creating a very open and functional space with nice lighting and great ventilation. When planning the process I decided to use slat wall as it's an effective way to hold clubs minimizing the possibility of damage or dings. Slat wall accessories also allow you to hold just about anything like ferrules, liquids, etc and keep an organized yet attractive style in the room. In this case the slat wall was covered with a Wilson Art brushed pewter look laminate. Its simply cut to size and screwed into the studs in the wall.

Below are pics pre construction, over the process I will keep this thread updated every step of the way until complete.

002.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

So where are you going to put your Lambo? :atsg_smilie_roll: Good Luck and looking forward to see the progress and perhaps this is something I could do in my retirement (next year?)

interesting project chris. im very excited for you. my question is will that be adequate for all your clubs? :atsg_smilie_roll:

That's just the club building area... he will have the rest of his castle to store clubs (^_^)

Great - looking forward to following the process........please post plenty of pics, Chris :atsg_smilie_roll:

Part 2:

I looked for a basic handyman on crags list to do the install work for me, I wasn't about to mess things up myself to save a few bucks. I found Charles a great guy who was willing to measure cut and install the slat wall, apply an enamel protective surface and bolt my club making gear into the concrete for 600 bucks. We needed to make sure he cut the proper holes for the lighting and switches, the enamel surface treatment is a 3 step application i purchased at home depot, it can even be tinted in a custom color with or without glitter effect. I went with the standard silver/gray with glitter to match the walls.

036.jpg

037.jpg

005.jpg

010.jpg

007_001.jpg

It will be another 3 days until the surface will cure and we can start drilling, stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...

After the enamel surface was applied to the concrete floors we drilled some holes into the cement where the bolts would hold the grip n rip and loft/lie/face bender stable as can be.

001.jpg

007_002.jpg

I started to move in some of my craftsman tables, we also removed the old laminate i had glued to the table top as protection.

006.jpg

I applied a heavy duty adhesive and purchased some cheap vinyl for new added protection.

009.jpg

010_001.jpg

WOW.......Just one I know the best one. The Angle Machine Mitchell are popular on tours. This is not nomal work shop. Trusty

• 2 months later...

Very Nice work area. I only wish I could learn to do clubfitting.

• 4 weeks later...