Taylormade R7 TP Forged Irons w/ PICS!

TourSpecGolfer

Another New Arrival from Taylormade Japan is the R7 Forged TP Iron, Its very similar to the R7 Forged 07 model except with less offset and a overall different shape, it also has very slight milling marks on its face.

I will brush one up in satin and make a black and blue fill version for you guys this week.

007_005.jpg

015_002.jpg

012_002.jpg

010_001.jpg

019_001.jpg

024.jpg

I've briefly hit a 7 iron at the range for about 30 balls, shaft is NS Pro 950S flex. This iron is quite forgiving compares to the outgoing RAC CB TP forged. I think there's not much difference to the JDM R7 Forged, feel is very similar, soft but not mushy, ball flight is high & straight, forgiving to use. Iron is appealing & is nicely made. If this iron is to replace the RAC TP forged, then it is an big improvement in terms of feel & forgiviness, however, if it's to replace the JDM R7 forged, I don't see the need to change except for a newer model.

Wow the pics look great. I have the R7 forged, and I thought those were nice. These look amazing. Might as well start saving money now...

How do these irons compare to the normal R7 Tp irons? I find the R7 TP irons in NA to be extremely easy to hit with a pretty big sweet spot.

They will not be as forgiving but when struck well they will feel considerably better. The TP forged will be more compact with less offset than the US r7 TP's.

Is it fair to say that these are almost like blades? Are they replacements for the Rac MB TP? They have been out for a while now.

I am very curious about these cause of the look. Are they coming to NA in 2008 or are these strictly Japan only? I know many of TM's Touring professionals have use them at some point this year?

Chris, looking forward to your pics of the brushed up satin version of the R7 Tp in black and blue - what a nice color combo by the way...lback and blue......great stylish combo.

Tell us a bit about how you do the satinized version of a shining chrome finish - we're all ears :tsg_smiley_heart:

Edited by ClubHoUno