Yup, it's as soft as it looks.

post-4005-1197605625.jpg

Big "Circle G"

post-4005-1197605633.jpg

My former baby and my new baby...

post-4005-1197605640.jpg

Good view of the beach slits.

post-4005-1197605677.jpg

I compared it to my Tour Cameron and the GF putter definitely feels softer. The sound at impact is phenomenal!

Damn, why does it have to be so cold in Chicago! :( I need to get to a real green soon!

Droopy

Edited by Droopy

Droopy

Once again, Congratulations

Your new baby looks outstanding - it will perform even better.

You are one of the select few to own one of the

Finest Putters in the World

Thanks idrive! Feels good to be in the GF club. :)

Droopy

Once again, Congratulations

Your new baby looks outstanding - it will perform even better.

You are one of the select few to own one of the

Finest Putters in the World

Droppy,

Very nice putter!! Congrats on it, just looking at it makes me jealous. :atsg_smilie_roll:

Tim

Heh heh, I doubt I'll have time but I'm going to try!

It's a beauty for sure.... you gonna go on a christmas golfing vacation now? (^_^)

Oh and one more thing. I like the Sasaya sock that it came with but I think I'd like to buy a more conventional putter head cover (like the one below...but not that exact one). Preferably a Gold's Factory version. Anyone know if these exist?

post-4005-1197678364.jpg

very very nice droopy i like your putter very much. im really curious about the slit like + insert combo. i will be liquidating some of my putters and clubs next year. hopefully there is enough in their for a gold's startup

The big G-mark looks so cool~

Droopy, I thought you said you were going to ask Sasaya-san to paint-filled the edges, and get the black cherry dot...?? No?? Too late?? That's too bad, I actually really want to see the black cherry dot in larger picture...

But, still, welcome to the GF putter club.

Review~ Review~

Lung-chia

Yeah, I sent in the request about one week afterwards. I just chalked it up to a communication error...no big deal. :)

The big G-mark looks so cool~

Droopy, I thought you said you were going to ask Sasaya-san to paint-filled the edges, and get the black cherry dot...?? No?? Too late?? That's too bad, I actually really want to see the black cherry dot in larger picture...

But, still, welcome to the GF putter club.

Review~ Review~

Lung-chia

What can I say.....thanks for the pics....it looks stunning and smashing this putter :tsg_smilie_surprise::tsg_smiley_heart:

I think I actually prefer the PZ groove insert as oppose to the complete PZ groove on the entire face area.

Just an observation, but the design of the Gold's putter looks considerably better to my eye than the Cameron.

No doubt, it's a real beauty.

Just an observation, but the design of the Gold's putter looks considerably better to my eye than the Cameron.

No doubt, it's a real beauty.

Though it's not exactly fair to compare a Newport 1 design (the Scotty putter) to a Newport 2 design (the Gold's) - I still think you're right.

I have owned both a Scotty 009, a Scotty Circle T and 5 other retail Scotty's and in my honest opinion, Scotty putters are over hyped and not made to the same high production standards as the Gold's Factory and Bettinardi FIT DASS proto type putters are - Scotty's are not even close in this regard.

Further more the talk about Scotty Cameron skim milling some of his putters just smear his reputation even further........all Bettinardi DASS putters are made from one piece technology, that is from one single solid piece of steel. Not bashing Scotty Cameron, I still think the man makes some of the best looking and performing retail off the rack putters in the world. But just as with Miura's fusion spin welded two piece forging, skim milling putters is not regarded as something you do, unless you try to cut production costs....and this is not a sign of true high quality craftsmanship.

Just my 2 cents for the day :tsg_smilie_surprise:

Edited by ClubHoUno

I wish I could take credit for coming up with the design but it was a mix of LC's putter design and one that gocchin posted a pic of... I just put everything together on paper and sent it in.

Droopy

The sole design is the best I've seen.

Did you come up with that design?

Edited by Droopy