2008 Onoff Plus Driver

gus

Thanks Chris; I'm hearing that they are now delayed until Feb. actually. Probably to resolve whatever these issues are; I'm sure they will get the bugs out. Onward; how do you feel about the Yamaha product Chris? In particular the new tour (athelete) model.

Thanks Chris; I'm hearing that they are now delayed until Feb. actually. Probably to resolve whatever these issues are; I'm sure they will get the bugs out. Onward; how do you feel about the Yamaha product Chris? In particular the new tour (athelete) model.

The ONOFF was released, then I was told they are taking extra time for manufacturing issues on the 2nd run. Daiwa has an interesting inventory strategy where they only build whats ordered for distributors and they do not create extra pieces outside of those. If the market demands it the consumer will request the product from the distributor and the distributor has to place an order with Daiwa. Most OEMs build a pre set amount and stock them.

I will have time with the Yamaha gear mid Jan and will post a review and pics for you guys.

• 6 months later...

Just picked up the OnOff Plus driver yesterday. And after hitting it at the range last night i'm glad that i picked it up :tsg_smilie_smile2: . The face feels like the ball jumps off of it. And the sound at impact is very pleasing. The stock shaft is too soft though...so maybe i'll shaft it up with a roddio later. from what i can tell the head is low spin and launches the ball on a mid to mid-high trajectory. i've been working on playing with a fade recently so the club hits a very nice controlled cut for me. i still have to take it out onto the course to see how it stacks up distance wise. but if your in play, distance shouldn't be that big of a deal right :atsg_smilie_roll: .