Pro Preference Model Golf Clubs ** PPM **

TourSpecGolfer

Mr. Kiyoshi Shinigawa from Himeji Japan is famous for grinding clubs for over 50 years making him the most experienced grinder found just about anywhere. He is also known as the Sensei of Mr. Miura himself and countless other crafters.

Shinigawa San is still producing custom grinds for some of Japan's most famous winners and is working in collaboration with designer Niimi Kiyonari and a new company called Pro Preference Model Golf Clubs. Let's call it PPM for short..:)

More info to come guys but TSG now has a few sets available. These are are ready to ship directly to you and a TRUE limited edition release of 100 pcs only.

Here are some advance images of the first PPM release clubs.

PPM%20Chrome.png

PPM%20Black.png

PPM%20chrome%20blade.png

PPM%20Black%20Blade.png

PPM%20Wedge%20Black.png

PPM%20Chrome%20Blade%20top%20line.png

PPM%20Black%20Top%20Line.png

I was reading somewhere that they will only be offered with KBS Tour shafts?

More info please.

Clubs available? 3-PW? wedges?

Price??

100 of the black and 100 of the satin or 100 total?

I would think 100 total sets will not last long...

These are beautiful.

I'm also intrigued about the channel in the sole. I know this is common in wedges, but what benefit does it provide for the rest of the irons?? Just a little curious.

Yes KB Tours is the standard shaft but we can have them sent to you with just about anything custom built.

100 sets of each finish will be produced.

The sole grind is to get through the turf easier, not sure how much easier it actually is.

We will have them in the proshop soon, if you guys are in a rush to get one simply drop me a PM.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the the Pro Preference model blades.

They are being sold as Epon's created by Master Niimi San in a limited edition.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the the Pro Preference model blades.

They are being sold as Epon's created by Master Niimi San in a limited edition.

hi these are not epons. the uk site you saw them in has made some sort of mistake. this club is the result of a collaboration between niimi san and master forger shinagawa san.

http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/t28016.html

These are very similar to the Vega blades, apart from the sole. Are these forged by Kyoei ?

post-10536-1229613354.gif

These are very similar to the Vega blades, apart from the sole. Are these forged by Kyoei ?

A, considering they are from niimi-san and his affiliation is with Endo I am guessing that they are from Endo, but then again I could be wrong and both C and C will know better. They are the classic blade design so every blade will look like that but differ in weight and and muscle thickness etc, things that are hard to see in pictures. For example not only the sole is different but so is the toe and the muscle groove is not as pronounced as the Vega. Nevertheless a great looking blade!

These clubs have nothing to do with Endo, they are not forged by Kyoei either. Forged in Himeji and ground by Mr. Shinagawa.

So who does the forging? What material (1018/1020/1025, S18C/S20C)?

1025 Steel and its forged in Himeji. High quality JDM blanks hand ground. we just got our stock today Ill post pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

So is there an actual company or person that does the forging? or is Himeji the only info people are willing to leak....?

So is there an actual company or person that does the forging? or is Himeji the only info people are willing to leak....?

Glad you asked it. That what I was trying to drive at "nicely".

I know Himeji is where a lot of good/great smmalish foundries are but even then it would be nice to know if you're going to be dropping major $$$ on a set of irons.

Personally I would love to know more about Himeji as well. I know a lot of great products come out of there, but why is that? Why the many seeming "mystical" reference to Himeji?

• 7 months later...

Probably, the high quality is in the grinding. The blank stocks from Himeji are probably of standard qualtiy. That is why the foundry name is not mentioned.

I don't know the answer to some of the questions asked here, but...

IMO, Knowing the parties involved in producing these irons, they would only associate themselves with the highest quality product possible.

Are they the highest quality "blanks" produced? IMO they are. Yes, I own a set and I can tell you they are sweet, quality made clubs. I have never hit another set of irons that feel better than these do. Those that know me know I own and have hit my share of the best of the best. It is obvious holding and inspecting these irons that they ooze quality.

I have also sent a couple of these irons to different people to hit and compare against many other irons, all of the highest quality. EVERYONE has commented how much they like the irons and felt they were as good as anything else out there. Perhaps the only real negative that has come back was from a member here that thought they had just a bit too much offset for their liking. We all like different things about the irons we play but overall these irons are top shelf in feel, performance and craftsmanship. One member commented that he didn't think it was possible for an iron to feel too soft but these are so butter he had to look down a couple of times to see if he had hit the ball. The grind makes them the most versatile irons on the Planet.

As far as blades go, only the AFTours are as good or better. IMO, They (PPM's) are better in both feel and playability compared to the Miura 5003's (which I am in the process of putting up for sale).

Please don't anyone take this as a knock against anyone for any reason. I just think it needs to be out there how good of irons they really are. If I didn't believe that I would never say it. This is one set I won't ever be letting go of.

Anyone want any comparison pics with their favorite blades LMK. :)

idrive

Hello, idrive,

Does it feels even better than the AF Tour? I thought the AF Tour was the best feeling club in your opinion. :tsg_smilie_laugh:

I tried the PPM on the mat hitting into the net. It seemed to pick up the ball a bit easier from tight line (mat), but that probably was due to its sharp leading edge (thus, the second sole to prevent it from digging too deep in soft turf). However, I did not think it felt any softer than the AF Tour. The club grinding design is also controversial. Some said it was not as versatile as claimed. There is a heated discussion on GolfWRx regarding this expensive PPM. Furthermore, "the highest blank stock quality" may not be of the highest quality, right? If they were forged from a renown foundry, why shouldn't it be made known here. Why the secret?

I do not mean this to be a knock on this PPM. Just want to know what I will be paying for. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

Well, the AFTours are the irons in my bag. As I said above they are the only irons I think are as good or better.

The folks who say the grind is not as versatile as claimed have never hit these irons. Joe Kwok was quick to stick his foot in his mouth because he's not the one who first came up with it AND as he said, it was just his opinion, he has never hit these clubs. The people who have or do play these irons all agree that the grind is more than just a gimmick.

I find it interesting that his "new grind" on wedges he is offering is basically this same grind.

I can't say it is or is not the highest quality head produced, just that is an exceptional iron. Tourspec is offering these at $999 for the set. If I didn't already own a set I'd be all over them.

On a sad note, part of the reason I don't play them is because I consider them a bit of a collectors item. They are rare, I doubt your going to see anymore of these made. Mr. Kiyoshi Shinigawa does not grind many clubs anymore. But I can tell you that if I didn't absolutely love my AFTours I'd have them out on the course. In fact, I may just take them out today for a game. :)

If someone could tell us where and by who they are forged it would be great. But I can pronise you they are an excellent iron. The grind will someday be copied by others. I believe the cost is what keeps it from being done any sooner.

Tourspec is offering these at $999 for the set.

idrive,

Where are you seeing $999? I'm seeing $1,899 in the pro shop.

What finish feels best? Chrome or black?