Ryoma - Field Testing w/Joe Average Golfer(S)

idrive

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the normal gain?

with the testing of the different ryoma models, it averaged around 15.8y gain.

I've had some customers tell me 10 yards and some even up to 30y gains in distance... the 30y was over the customers previous Epon AF-101 as well which really surprised me.

There really is no such thing as a normal gain since every player is different and using different specs and different "former/ex" drivers. (^_^)

15m or more is superb. I sure hope you can also get that kind of distance gains Frank!

Yeah, he's not known to be a long hitter, though he does pack a bit of power in his swing. With the Ryoma, he was right up there with the 'longer' guys; he was quite shocked, first, to even be able to use a new driver right off the bat and, second, to find himself hitting longer than he had ever done before. I was happy for him, he was clearly enjoying it, and happy for me -- he was on my team! ;)

I doubt if I could get 15m over the Kamui off the sweet spot; hopefully, I can get decent gains averaged out between good and bad shots. Sometimes, I think I am Kamui biased. Maybe next week, I should just leave the Kamui at home and live or die by the Ryoma on the course.

Yeah, he's not known to be a long hitter, though he does pack a bit of power in his swing. With the Ryoma, he was right up there with the 'longer' guys; he was quite shocked, first, to even be able to use a new driver right off the bat and, second, to find himself hitting longer than he had ever done before. I was happy for him, he was clearly enjoying it, and happy for me -- he was on my team! ;)

I doubt if I could get 15m over the Kamui off the sweet spot; hopefully, I can get decent gains averaged out between good and bad shots. Sometimes, I think I am Kamui biased. Maybe next week, I should just leave the Kamui at home and live or die by the Ryoma on the course.

Sounds good. Perhaps game it a few times then do a head to head like 10 shots each & get the averages distance and dispersion.

frank take it out and play it solo ,seriosuly..

i hit a heap of ball at the range to get used to the appearance of closed face and now i dont even think about it, only played 2 games at sentosa and orchid nad hit my driver as good as i ever have.

put ur trust in it u wont be let down

All of this reviews make me very interested in this driver. Compare to my Epon AF-151, it suppose to be like 10y further? And with the same shaft and same club length, is D-1 premia will go further than standard D-1 or D-1 V-spec ( for head speed around 105 mph).

I've had some customers tell me 10 yards and some even up to 30y gains in distance... the 30y was over the customers previous Epon AF-101 as well which really surprised me.

There really is no such thing as a normal gain since every player is different and using different specs and different "former/ex" drivers. (^_^)

T, what was the guys shaft in the 101? 30 yards is unbeleivable. wow

T, what was the guys shaft in the 101? 30 yards is unbeleivable. wow

If I remember correctly Jodokus had a Crazy in the AF-101 but a newer model and slightly softer Crazy in the Ryoma.

Hello Gocchin or Tario (is still don’t know if this is the same person).

I’m Jodokus I bought the Ryoma V-Spec 9.5 with the Crazy Black-46 RS.

My other driver is the Epon AF 101 10.5 not with the Crazy shaft but with a Roddio W6-BA.

I hit the Ryoma between 10 and 15 yards longer (not 30) but I have to say this with cold tempruters as it is still winter here and on my home course what is now very muddy so you don’t get a lot of roll.

I tested the driver also on the Pier 59 driving range in NY on a cold 32F and windy (in the face) day and was surprised how well the ball carried. I hit the ball high in the end net what I used to too in the summer with no wind. The trajectory with the Ryoma 9.5 is the same as the Epon AF 101 10.5.

I love the stability of the shaft in the swing but still all lot of feel at impact not boardy at all. With the strong wind in the face there was no ballooning at all.

On the 2 rounds I walked the biggest gain was the amount of fairway’s I hit and the distance on miss hits. I also encountered what other people write in the forum that you want to over power the club this results in my case in a over the top swing and with the Epon it was a slice and now a it is a fade and with both clubs distance loss.

My club head speed is 102 m/h with the Epon AF 101 265Y carry and roll and with the Ryoma 275Y carry and roll (in winter).

Hello Gocchin or Tario (is still don’t know if this is the same person).

I’m Jodokus I bought the Ryoma V-Spec 9.5 with the Crazy Black-46 RS.

My other driver is the Epon AF 101 10.5 not with the Crazy shaft but with a Roddio W6-BA.

I hit the Ryoma between 10 and 15 yards longer (not 30) but I have to say this with cold tempruters as it is still winter here and on my home course what is now very muddy so you don’t get a lot of roll.

I tested the driver also on the Pier 59 driving range in NY on a cold 32F and windy (in the face) day and was surprised how well the ball carried. I hit the ball high in the end net what I used to too in the summer with no wind. The trajectory with the Ryoma 9.5 is the same as the Epon AF 101 10.5.

I love the stability of the shaft in the swing but still all lot of feel at impact not boardy at all. With the strong wind in the face there was no ballooning at all.

On the 2 rounds I walked the biggest gain was the amount of fairway’s I hit and the distance on miss hits. I also encountered what other people write in the forum that you want to over power the club this results in my case in a over the top swing and with the Epon it was a slice and now a it is a fade and with both clubs distance loss.

My club head speed is 102 m/h with the Epon AF 101 265Y carry and roll and with the Ryoma 275Y carry and roll (in winter).

Hi Jodokus,

Thanks for posting the feedback! Yes I guess in our emails you always know me as Tario but yes gocchin and I are the same person (^_^)

I'm glad the Ryoma is working out for you and in your case I think the key is control as you mentioned to me in emails even bad shots are always in play.

for some reason I thought you also had a Crazy in the epon.

The 46 is turning out to be a very good shaft!

Sounds good. Perhaps game it a few times then do a head to head like 10 shots each & get the averages distance and dispersion.

Already done the head to head, sort of, next round will just be the Ryoma and lets see how it fares being the only driver in the bag.

frank take it out and play it solo ,seriosuly..

i hit a heap of ball at the range to get used to the appearance of closed face and now i dont even think about it, only played 2 games at sentosa and orchid nad hit my driver as good as i ever have.

put ur trust in it u wont be let down

You know what, I am going to do exactly that this weekend! ;)