maruman conductor lx deep

supo

picked up this with a diamana proto stinger 60 s yesteday,

took it out to range at a course, proper balls proper conditions.

played it against a callway ft 9 tour authentic --matrix tp6hd

myself and playing partner hit about 30 ish balls with each driver.

was a bit shocked by how much "better " the maruman was in comparison to the uber callway club

fisrtly the callaway was short, very short , very low, dead feeling. and the ultimate let down in drivers iver hit.

id say i t was 20 ish ayrds shorter then the maruman.

the maruman is small compact 460 cc with a big face , not dissimilar to the cally , the look isnt that diffferenrt.

the face to look at ata ddress has a cirlce target from the milling lines, (love that look!) its an elongated round face like the ryoma but much larger

deep rounded body in 9.5* that delivers a veyr solid thump on a mid trajectory that also gets a lot of roll.

its a beautiful looking head framing tghe ball, big face, but not like the (crazy 460, more like the epon 101)

looks like it has a slight heel tilt to instill an ever so closed to flat look and a draw bias in yr mind.

needles to say, i hit decent draws with it all arvo.

i was looking at gettign a lighte drive all round , just to give me a differnt take o nthe 330gram monsters ive been building recently.

this just popped up and i thought why not.

why not indeed. i will be gaming this next weekend.

very impressed with it did exactly what i wanted this type of driver to do, and i found it a lot more versatile than all my current drivers except the epon 101, which juts keeps gettign better and better.

Tario whast the scoop o n this thing ,any goss on it out there?

Ive always been a bit drawn to these Maruman Couductor drivers, just because of their looks. See them quite often in Bangkok, and at really good prices too..So, if I find one of these lighty used this week when I go to Bangkok I should get it then? It really LOOKS good anyway.

yea i remeber hitting one of them but not sure of which one it was , and i remember liking it a lot even with the stockshaft.

lemme tell ya withte diamana in it its fantastic, even the 60s prob just on the cusp oftoo whippy bt the blals ihit were really good.consistantlty down the middle with a draw. cant knock that.

yes if u find one lying around id def give it a whirl , both of us really enjoyed hitting it

More importantly Stew, how the hell do you afford all this lovely lovely japanese gear!?

Lonfg hour doing. Something ive been doing for a long long time

plus every fricken manifestation o everythimg jdm is no more than3 mins from my house

it like leaving a match packet next to a pyro

Lonfg hour doing. Something ive been doing for a long long time

plus every fricken manifestation o everythimg jdm is no more than3 mins from my house

it like leaving a match packet next to a pyro

Ha ha, yeah you gotta feed the monster. Are you working in a golf related field or are you just "lucky" to be working and living in the midst of all these golf shops?

Ha ha, yeah you gotta feed the monster. Are you working in a golf related field or are you just "lucky" to be working and living in the midst of all these golf shops?

He may as well be working in a golf related field!

• 2 weeks later...

played this driver against the crazy 460/ stinger 70 s

and the crazy 450 /crazy 50 7.7

gamed 3 drivers in a bit of hit and giggle weekend 27 both days cart golf

yesterday last 9 for the coin the driver i chose was...the conductor..

too whippy?

not in the slightest

too light .. didnt feel like it one iota

just hit the ball low , not really moving around. distance was terrific.

i def felt this i hsd more control with this one than the other two, i think the crazy was longer when i killed it , with a much higher flight, and a lot more electric feel in the hands.

the maruman feels like a thumping driver with lots of weight behind the ball.

the crazy was lowest considerably and got a ton of roll out, the crazy shaft felt the straightest with the least snap.

the stinger is a much nicer feel and i think its got a weee bit more snap in it.

the miss hit with the maruman were miles better than the other two,miles better

and the slice-matrons i hit were dead with the crazy 4460 werent too bad they blocked very hgh right and lost a ton of distance, with the 450 they kinda flew right and sliced, withthe marumana they more like blocked right, much better than the other two

when i killed the 460 tho

oh brother, where for art thou..f..!

if ur after a driver thats solid, low and plenty of oomph that doesnt look huge at address then this has to be on the list

ill play it and play it a lot , esp after how straight i hit it, its one of the best for my swing to keep it on the short stuff, into the wind ate it up.

Edited by supo67

Well if you ever decide to get rid of that stinger...... I think I could find a home for a poor, orphaned shaft that no one loves anymore.... Hahahaha.

J.

ha..., im sure theres a cpl of homes for them.

the hting is im rethinkiing a lot now i hit hte 60s better than the 70 s and the 70x well i nthis head i ddi, i nthe epon 101 i ahd t he same great results.

but in the ryoma i couldnt feel t he head on my back swing and kept missint the screws. doesnt happen with the GD p9003x.

so u never know i might just let that one out of the stable ., wel l lconsidering the preospterous amount of top enders i have.

it might just suit someone better than i.

ha..., im sure theres a cpl of homes for them.

the hting is im rethinkiing a lot now i hit hte 60s better than the 70 s and the 70x well i nthis head i ddi, i nthe epon 101 i ahd t he same great results.

but in the ryoma i couldnt feel t he head on my back swing and kept missint the screws. doesnt happen with the GD p9003x.

so u never know i might just let that one out of the stable ., wel l lconsidering the preospterous amount of top enders i have.

it might just suit someone better than i.

take ur time, have all the time in the world:)

picked up this with a diamana proto stinger 60 s yesteday,

took it out to range at a course, proper balls proper conditions.

played it against a callway ft 9 tour authentic --matrix tp6hd

myself and playing partner hit about 30 ish balls with each driver.

was a bit shocked by how much "better " the maruman was in comparison to the uber callway club

fisrtly the callaway was short, very short , very low, dead feeling. and the ultimate let down in drivers iver hit.

id say i t was 20 ish ayrds shorter then the maruman.

the maruman is small compact 460 cc with a big face , not dissimilar to the cally , the look isnt that diffferenrt.

the face to look at ata ddress has a cirlce target from the milling lines, (love that look!) its an elongated round face like the ryoma but much larger

deep rounded body in 9.5* that delivers a veyr solid thump on a mid trajectory that also gets a lot of roll.

its a beautiful looking head framing tghe ball, big face, but not like the (crazy 460, more like the epon 101)

looks like it has a slight heel tilt to instill an ever so closed to flat look and a draw bias in yr mind.

needles to say, i hit decent draws with it all arvo.

i was looking at gettign a lighte drive all round , just to give me a differnt take o nthe 330gram monsters ive been building recently.

this just popped up and i thought why not.

why not indeed. i will be gaming this next weekend.

very impressed with it did exactly what i wanted this type of driver to do, and i found it a lot more versatile than all my current drivers except the epon 101, which juts keeps gettign better and better.

Tario whast the scoop o n this thing ,any goss on it out there?

There is a Conductor LX Deep Tour version too..