yamaha forged.

supo

"Yamaha no longer manufacture heads in their factory in Japan, it has been outsourced to who knows where (it's been more than 3 years). Quality is way down."

on wrx

before i i tore him a new one

thought id better just check this amazing , startling comment.

to my knowledge they are made at endo

correct?????

"Yamaha no longer manufacture heads in their factory in Japan, it has been outsourced to who knows where (it's been more than 3 years). Quality is way down."

on wrx

before i i tore him a new one

thought id better just check this amazing , startling comment.

to my knowledge they are made at endo

correct?????

Yeah... Replied to him earlier.

Edited by FatMan

Yes Yamaha is still S20C and of course Endo. Including all drivers, irons and wedge.

Nobody else can make woods with the same process endo does and its signature forged ELF Titanium face and chemically milled crown.

Considering PRGR and Callaway use the same technologies and materials I guess they must be outsourced to some foreign super high tech forging house as well now. lol

Stew you go get them!! (^_^)

Ahhhh good old WRX ..... I read threads over there whenever I wanna find myself in that euphoric state between full blown rolling on the floor laughter and speechless double taking "did I read that right? Umm ok I guess I did" confusion.... Yamaha is one of the few manufacturers I've seen that's pretty well respected even outside of the JDM crowd, the guys over at my fitter aren't really well versed in JDM gear, some have seen it and are aware of some of it, but when I had my 2011 Tours shafted the tech over there made a remark about how high quality Yamaha gear is and what a pleasure it was to work on the Tour Model, really surprised me as he's never said a word regarding previous knowledge of any of the other top end JDM gear I had brought in previously...

J.

Sometimes you really got to wonder the origin of this. Imagine if they can get sued lol

Everyone who knows about jdm knows that yamaha is top tiered,

Actually some of those not even into jdm will know that yamaha is

Synonymous with tech and quality. Guy doesn't know what hes talking about.

Probably a bored troll.

thanks T.., its nice to be let off the leash on occasions.

imight get banned from there after this.

Demolitionman ... who was a Marshall a few years back....

banned me for a year for disagreeing with him.

You weren't allowed to have your own opinion.

Shortly thereafter he banned himself from Golf (and wrx) because it had consumed him and ruined

his life...... it was obvious he had problems...

anyway.....

Demolitionman ... who was a Marshall a few years back....

banned me for a year for disagreeing with him.

You weren't allowed to have your own opinion.

Shortly thereafter he banned himself from Golf (and wrx) because it had consumed him and ruined

his life...... it was obvious he had problems...

anyway.....

Funny stuff! I used to constantly get thrown off Bombsquad Golf for disagreeing with the owners. Even sadder to think that I spent a wad of cash with them for their crap lime green shafted drivers, only to be banned weeks later. Could you ever imagine buying a Mercedes and then the salesman chases you out of the store because you may have talked about a Lexus or questioned their service? These guys are wildly paranoid.

im so glad i never bought into that green lime thing, i almost did.

then i found quadra thankfully.

demolitionman, what a ledgend, banning himself. thats pure

ive oft. thought about it myself, its does get consuming, my wife is adamanat ive become a stranger in the cave.

and that i prefer to live amonst carbon sitcks ,and forged steel with rubber tops.

she thinks thats odd!

Demolition man is a good guy, but yeah he used to get pretty worked up online as a marshall.......As for banning, those guys are ridiculous....I just got banned from Wrx myself.......in the middle of several trades and purchases....

But back to topic....those Yamaha 2012 look gorgeous....its either going to be those or the Macgregor PCB for me.......

I feel for them though at WRX, as its not easy to manage such a huge community and sometimes the marshalls can be forced to look like the bad guy when trying to enforce order.

The problem is somebody always has to take the fall and get banned. That happens on WRX and any forum for that matter whether golf or not.

If its something we are passionate about its hard for us to keep emotions in and we all blow up sometimes and that goes for marshalls, admins and moderators as well.

Like Stew said, its like calling your dog ugly.

The truth is we are all crazy aren't we and very passionate about our hobby (hobbies).

My wife thinks I am nuts, truth is I did not move back to Japan for golf... I did because I am a huge japanese pop culture nerd and crazy about everything Japanese, cars, anime, gadgets, tech, food, and yes music and idols (golf just happened to come along)... there are times my wife wants to get rid of me and for good reason!

Sometimes a ban is a blessing in disguise....its much easier to focus on work when u cant BST !!!! ive certainly become more productive since my recent ban....but haha i revisit this place and its JDM all over again......my first love was the Tourstage MR23 CBs and the next legendary iron was the Epon technity type1 or simply TypeJ......There have been plenty of other good clubs but those were favs....the Tourstage x5000 were pretty nice as well.......As for irons, i have to try Yamaha especially since my first tennis racquet was a Yamaha FG65 .....still a all time favorite !

try them u will LOVE them.

ive just decided imgoing to have to get the 2012s as well

might be a set of 2011s or 2010 s for sale soon to usher the new ones in.

still gotta see them i nthe flesh tho.

now. if only i cud get a demo????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If you like the look of them I promise you will not be unhappy with them.... Yamaha irons are beyond top notch, they feel fantastic and they flat out perform, if I had to suggest a first set of JDM irons to someone it would be between Epons and Yamahas, anything in either of those two product lineups will blow anyone away..... There are irons that are as good in some ways, even better in some areas, but overall, taking everything about them into account, AF Tours and Yam Tour Models take top spots...

J.

Be careful not to add yourself to the long list of those that didn't by Yamaha until it was too late. The Tour model will sell out within days if not already sold out. If you look for my posts over the years (2007 onward) you will see pics and reviews for each model year. I have owned them all. If you have the ability to play the model you buy, them you will find the Yamaha irons as the best ever or damn close. Likely there is someone hoping you don't buy the last set so they can.

Thank you!

How are the short irons? One reason I dislike my Mizunos is that the 9 and PW don't look like they belong.

Currently pondering the yamahas, epon 302 and royal collection tours.

Anyone know if any of them can be custom ordered with Shimada tours?

The short irons have the same square shape. I don't think Shimada from the factory is available. Go to the Yamaha site and chooaebtgeblink on the right for catalogue. Download it and you can see the custom shafts, lengths and swing weights for all options. TSG can build you a set also.

I have a hard time reading other boards. I want to just come in and swat what they are saying but I tend to get overly emotional and get into trouble like that.

All good people they just need to learn a bit more about stuff. In the end some people who know nothing about JDM can see quality where it exists.

I love people who demand excellence!