Crazy shafts and PGA tour

shacco

Hi folks,

a little bird tweeted me some interesting news on Crazy shafts. I heard Martin Kaymer is currently toying around with Crazy shafts. Unfortunatly, I do not know which model. I just thought I would share it with you guys.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's not the only one. That is good news for JDM especially Crazy. I've got to be the only one here who hasn't gamed them yet. My reason was I got wind that a lot of them were breaking early on, but I don't think that's the case much longer as I haven't heard of that of late. Probably the other reason is if I did try them, I might fall in love all over again and want to change out all my shafts, which my pocketbook would hate me for. Sooner or later, I'll get a driver built with a Crazy shaft. Even though I've yet to game one, I folllow the discussion intently and with Stew changing driver/shaft combos like a new mom changing diapers, we all have lots of info to read here!!

Haven't gamed one either up until now. But like you, I have been following all conversations and it made me curious. But i have to be honest that I'm a bit reluctant to spend that much money. I guess that is the main reason I haven't tried one yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

That has to be the best analogy for Supo's experiments I have ever heard... Can't say I've tried the driver shafts, but have played the Evo Irons and a couple of FW shafts. Also have a UT shaft waiting to go into a head... Very nice shafts indeed. To the comment about breakage, I did have a FW snap, but they replaced it in a jiffy.

The wall thickness in the tip is thinner which promotes a more active tip section which is what you want. On top of that everything in Japan is .335 not .350 like in the states.

The main reason for .350 in U.S retail product is to reduce the chances of breakage. Notice on the PGA Tour they use 335 as well.

Generally in America golfers beat the crap out of their clubs where as in Japan golfers take a bit more care when it comes to transport and use of their golf clubs.

Worship your tools and they will worship you back.

Crazy through TSG replaces broken shafts for the original owners in a heart beat. You buy it elsewhere or have it shipped through a non Crazy Family account and you are SOL.

I thought I share my view about Crazy shaft. When I purchased Ryoma V-Spec 9.5*, I thought the stock shaft was adequate but ball flight was low and spin was high. Kept thinking that Crazy shafts are so expensive – one day I said “heck with it”. So, I got a Crazy CBII shaft for a few days now. Played one round and visited my local driving range a couple times. What do I think about the combination – love it. My Ryoma with Crazy makes my old R11 (Tour Di) a dog. I hit balls longer this morning – need learn the best way to hit it. It feels really good hitting (not slamming) balls - ball flight is higher, spin is low and easy to control. It is a most forgiving driver that I have ever known.

Edited by d*ch

what would they use iwonder.., ?

tiger would prob go the sigma5 0 15.7flex

ernie the ls noir.

and phil .. prob some kinda morphed one off concotion of about 17 melded models at 33.09375 inch inch and a lie at 60.0625*

what would they use iwonder.., ?

tiger would prob go the sigma5 0 15.7flex

ernie the ls noir.

and phil .. prob some kinda morphed one off concotion of about 17 melded models at 33.09375 inch inch and a lie at 60.0625*

I would love to see what Crazy shaft they would play myself.

That's very interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see more JDM stuff on the U.S. tour very soon. I know alot of tour guys can tell the difference in feel and quality when they put the equipment to use. Especially shafts, such as the Crazy.

• 5 weeks later...

u think the reason they dont play these shafts is the fact that they have never been intro'd to them..,

or they are paid by US companies to play thier stuff. ?

if it were my JOB id make damn sure i knew everything there is to know club wise about whats good better best...,

I was told that they don't like to pay themselves for equipment. That's why they don't play it. Go figure that. They have millions but are too stingy to pay for their own equipment.

Edited by shacco

Do you guys think those guys on tour would benefit from all these hi end shafts? I mean would they really see any performance differences from what they are using right now? They are probably gettIng the best number from their current set up already....no?

I was told that they don't like to pay themselves for equipment. That's why they don't play it. Go figure that. They have millions but are too stingy to pay for their own equipment.

cheapskates!! cost of the crazies are but a drop in a bucket for them.

if i were in the top 10 id get a full time guy on the payroll and join tsg

to see whats new and order me stuff and send the bill to the oems i play:)

im sure Epon( irons) ryoma (driver), titleist japan(wedges) Golds factory ( Putter)

and a representative from crazy to meet me on weekends will gladly foot the bill.

so how lets see. what would you suggest to tiger woods say you were a consultant

on what driver, irons, etc etc would you him benefitting from playing?

i dunno thats ahy im asking..

id hazard a HUGE GUESS. that tiger shud be using ANYTHING else than what hes got now hes rubbish!!!

how can a guy THAT good be so horrible with the clobbering weapon.

id have with the diamana X or gd 9003x 80 and a jbeam 435 .

would ease.................. that rediculous slicematron thing hes got.

jeeeee thats a horrible miss, makes me cringe.

he aint never gonna win tournys again till he gets LOTS more consistant with the bazooka.

too many big guys out there now gunning past him.

hes GOTTA do something.

i wanna see him win LOTS more

might send him a club ...............!

tigers supo weapon...,

jbeam 435 9.5* 206 gram.

SQUARE HEAD....!

toe lie 1*upright

diamana X in godzilla flex at 80 gram.

paly to ( what is he 6'1 - 6"2 ?? ) so 45 inch no longer.

keep the fricken thing as a control stick...

hes not gonna loosse any distance over the di with the diamana , migh do with the p9 tho.

diamana X he might actualy like.

dont think any other head wud suit him, he break them.

unlesss ryoma cud make a TIGER head .. then hed struggle to hit it right

Edited by supo67

i dunno thats ahy im asking..

id hazard a HUGE GUESS. that tiger shud be using ANYTHING else than what hes got now hes rubbish!!!

how can a guy THAT good be so horrible with the clobbering weapon.

id have with the diamana X or gd 9003x 80 and a jbeam 435 .

would ease.................. that rediculous slicematron thing hes got.

jeeeee thats a horrible miss, makes me cringe.

he aint never gonna win tournys again till he gets LOTS more consistant with the bazooka.

too many big guys out there now gunning past him.

hes GOTTA do something.

i wanna see him win LOTS more

might send him a club ...............!

maybe those jbeam 435 with those sigma 8.2 shafts

played at 43.75 for control.

and some prototype 2s14 for his irons.

maybe an axis eagle for his putting Lol

I thought tiger woods stuff are specially made, completely different from retails? Maybe he should ask JDM exotic brand suck as epon, Yamaha, ryoma, crazy...etc to make him drivers with Nike logo on the heads! Or Stew you should send him one of yours!!

I thought tiger woods stuff are specially made, completely different from retails? Maybe he should ask JDM exotic brand suck as epon, Yamaha, ryoma, crazy...etc to make him drivers with Nike logo on the heads! Or Stew you should send him one of yours!!

tigers old 380cc was made in endo. i heard stories of his specific requirements.

or better yet sandee you should donate your DPx to tiger. send it to stew and hel

make sure tiger gets it:)

hahaha ddi someone say DPS ?

he shud use the 2s14s.

hey this ido know , bec i spoke to the man himslf.. this guy works for labo spec ONOFF...

in their tour van making the gear ,hes an otaku to the nth degree.

litle japanese guy , kinda chubby, glasses. .....TOP guy..... loved him.. he wanted to make me my own crubs,, but it was so damn exxy..

anyway he used to wokr for graphite design as one of THE tiger shaft makers.......

yup he doesnt use stock off the shelfers

he had them hand made personally for him.

me stil thinks hes got it all wrong..!

hahaha ddi someone say DPS ?

he shud use the 2s14s.

hey this ido know , bec i spoke to the man himslf.. this guy works for labo spec ONOFF...

in their tour van making the gear ,hes an otaku to the nth degree.

litle japanese guy , kinda chubby, glasses. .....TOP guy..... loved him.. he wanted to make me my own crubs,, but it was so damn exxy..

anyway he used to wokr for graphite design as one of THE tiger shaft makers.......

yup he doesnt use stock off the shelfers

he had them hand made personally for him.

me stil thinks hes got it all wrong..!

IMAGINE he is only using a DI6X.

thats the best shaft hes tried supposedly.

hes trying the wrong shafts!

Di6x?? Are you serious? I thought he used to play WB83xx? Now di6x?

yes DI6X only tipped trim 1.5" but remember these aint off the rack di6x

Remember Guys, it says Oxo's on buses but they don't sell them!!

Meaning, just cos it Say's....(whatever) on the Shaft doesn't mean it IS!!

I'm sure Tiger and the Gang know what is best for them!!

I'd bet my life on it!!!