Yamaha 2013 Tour Model and Inpres Lineup Info - Important

gocchin

Like the leading and trailing edge relief in the grind. Also it looks like the Non-Tour has lower CG based on the slope angle of the muscle...

Looking forward to them. Hope that the flatter stock lie doesn't limit my ability to get a 62* lie angle on the 5 iron...

Personally am thinking Roddio i10s for the beauties...

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've added a post to the blog about the announcement and some brief comments... nothing detailed as I'll make more posts later:

http://www.golftoimpress.com/yamaha-2013-inpres-x-lineup-announcment/

I highly recommend giving T an email and ordering a set before they sell out!! :tsg_smiley_drool:/>

Thing is I play 5I at 38.5" and Max I can play with is D4 so that means I need a light shaft and I don't like ballooning like shots. Sadly Yamaha don't do variable head weights like Epon do and at 6.2" I can't play a short club, I tried! I have the 2012 tour model with KBS 90 and although I love the feel of the head the shafts won't do the job.

I am 6'4" and play a 38.5" 5 iron too. Gonna give them a try this year.

But what surprises me is that you say you cannot play anything shorter. Your 6-P are all shorter than that. It comes down to a combination of the 3 Ls. Also, I think the length that you can buy is a mfg limit not a real limit on the club… I am intending to have mine rebuilt with other shafts and longer, so time will tell...

I am 6'4" and play a 38.5" 5 iron too. Gonna give them a try this year.

But what surprises me is that you say you cannot play anything shorter. Your 6-P are all shorter than that. It comes down to a combination of the 3 Ls. Also, I think the length that you can buy is a mfg limit not a real limit on the club… I am intending to have mine rebuilt with other shafts and longer, so time will tell...

Can't is not really what I meant, although I am on the tall side I play about 2* flat from US standard and I did try to play shorter clubs I.e stand closer to the ball with adjusting the lie and it just doesn't feel right. I only wish that Yamaha would have some weight variant like other manufacturers for example Epon that would make a head up to 7!!!! Grams +- variance. I understand that Mfg length is not the limit but when the Yamaha std is 5I @ 37.5" at D2 than at 38.5" you would get to D8 assuming you use the same shaft and i dont like light shafts. but These do look great and they might just work for me with a shaft like the Diamana thump X which I think is only 107 grams.

Hope this explains my point better.

Good luck with yours.

Even with the Thump at +.5" from standard you at +1" will still be playing at D6 - D7 based on the fitting guide...

post-12474-0-52579300-1352753661.png

Good luck with your choice...

Even with the Thump at +.5" from standard you at +1" will still be playing at D6 - D7 based on the fitting guide...

Where did you get this chart?

Well I don't know the 2013 specs yet (head weights) but if they are similar to the 2012 tour model than these are sadly no go for me.

Google translate of the their page re the tour model:

(°) 21 24 27 30 34 38 42 46 loft

(°) 60 60.25 60.5 60.75 61 61.5 62 62.5 lie angle

Soft iron forging structure (S20C)

Shaft Dynamic Gold (S200)

Shaft weight (g) 118

Tone yuan shaft

(Inches) 38.5 38 37.5 37 36.5 36 35.5 35 club length

D2 balance

Club weight (g) 418 424 430 437 444 451 459 467

Tour Velvet rubber grip containing 51g X Impress logo

(With M60 · back line) <grip VTYM-50-BK>

This set price ○ 6 (# 5 ~ PW) ¥ 126,000 (¥ 120,000 before tax)

○ Option: This 4 ¥ 21,000 / # <# 3>, (¥ 20,000 before tax)

※ Because of the design value, the number of the display there is a possibility of change. ※ numbers and individual product display can have some errors. ◎ <# 3> is (will be special orders and order) are special orders. ◎ conforms to the rules of the new groove 2010. ◎ It is nickel chrome plating all count. ※ (including custom orders) 2,000 limit set. ◎ Club Release Date: November 23, Made in JAPAN ◎ 2012

Like the leading and trailing edge relief in the grind. Also it looks like the Non-Tour has lower CG based on the slope angle of the muscle...

Looking forward to them. Hope that the flatter stock lie doesn't limit my ability to get a 62* lie angle on the 5 iron...

Personally am thinking Roddio i10s for the beauties...

That's OK, you can pull my old set apart if they are going into these gorgeous heads (so long as you let me hit them when I come to the east coast!!!!!)

What's the price and availability on the non tour irons? Also SW and lie? I need them 38.5" 5 iron as well.

What's the price and availability on the non tour irons? Also SW and lie? I need them 38.5" 5 iron as well.

I Was thinking that, apart from the Sand Iron!!

Here is the shafts specs for custom that may help you see what can be done.

http://ebook.yamaha.com/v2/catalog/?58009#0

That's OK, you can pull my old set apart if they are going into these gorgeous heads (so long as you let me hit them when I come to the east coast!!!!!)

Thanks for that… Am still discussing with T what can be done. The shafts on that impeccable set of ONOFFs are still too short for me and I do not want to soft step. The set I traded with your for was to see if I liked the Roddio shaft before pursuing the rest of the effort involved in getting the Yamahas built. Roddio just might not be in the cards for me...

Need to find out what Yamaha is willing to do, as they do offer the Roddio on the non Tour version but not on the Tour. Am guessing that both GD Tour AD and Diamana Thump iron shafts offer both Parallel and Taper tip options while Roddio only offers taper tip. Also, the hosel to ground measurements on the Yamaha will determine how close to my spec I can get as the 5 iron shaft uncut is 38". I have reserved a set built with Modus 3 shafts. The shafts all be summarily pulled and sold. Then the clubs will be built using some graphite shaft. All the ones offered have the same length limitation so I might end up getting another set of the Tour Attas but much is TBD...

I Was thinking that, apart from the Sand Iron!!

I think SW here meant SwingWeight not Sand Wedge, but I could be mistaken...

http://ebook.yamaha....atalog/?58009#0

Great repost Bogey...

:)

http://ebook.yamaha.com/v2/catalog/?58009#0

damnit...why are people still using flash!? guess i'll have to wait until i get home to view this...

I think SW here meant SwingWeight not Sand Wedge, but I could be mistaken...

Great repost Bogey...

:)

Sorry not to steal your thunder. I an on my cell so it is hard to cross reference your page.

I think the Roddio shafts are not taper tip but 9.40. Consider the Ozik Matrix Program shafts. They swing weight on the lighter side so increase in length may work.

Sorry not to steal your thunder. I an on my cell so it is hard to cross reference your page.

No worries, just giving you a hard time… Same should be said about the dig on DaleUK...

Not sure what the tips on Roddio are, for some reason taper came to mind based on earlier conversations with T. But I am not even close to infallible so… Have heard mixed reviews on the Ozik so have been reluctant to try.

No worries, just giving you a hard time… Same should be said about the dig on DaleUK...

Not sure what the tips on Roddio are, for some reason taper came to mind based on earlier conversations with T. But I am not even close to infallible so… Have heard mixed reviews on the Ozik so have been reluctant to try.

Just looked up the Roddio and the website says 9.40. I had these in 2007. Nice. Maybe they make taper tip now? There was a rumor that another iron shaft was to be released by them.

Quadra makes 9.18 tip iron shafts. I always wanted to try the Quadra Fire Express Prototype DGL shaft.

http://www.compo-t.x...d/fireex04.html

Fire Express PROTO TYPE DGL-115S -115S Fire Express Prototype DGL

(¥ 120,000 tax) retail price Set of 6 [# 5 ~ # 10] ¥ 126,000

Individual [# 3, # 4, # 10] ¥ 21,000 before tax ( ¥ 20,000)

※ The delivery time can take a long time for low-volume production.

p_img_fe_04_03.jpg

Edited by bogeydog

Thing is I play 5I at 38.5" and Max I can play with is D4 so that means I need a light shaft and I don't like ballooning like shots. Sadly Yamaha don't do variable head weights like Epon do and at 6.2" I can't play a short club, I tried! I have the 2012 tour model with KBS 90 and although I love the feel of the head the shafts won't do the job.

monacco TX will sort that right out.