Yamaha 2013 Tour Model and Inpres Lineup Info - Important

gocchin

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmmmmmmmmmmm thinking about these for a few mins they are a little dissapointing on the looks front. do we all remember the epon personals realsed all those weeks ago now???????

similar to the epon personals , when they first popped up,, there were a lot of yuk these look tripe.. .... then we saw them in flesh and went whollyschomkes.>!

i think we gotta remember with these tour model irons... these are made for fujita-sn right(?) they are made to perform first, look second....esp as a limited release.. i just had a quick glimpse in the video of toru-kun striking the ball and i went damn.. yes pleaase.

these dont seem anything like the traditional muscle cavities tours of th the past 7 years.. which i thnk were all of the same block. just ground differnerntly. which iLOVED...

these look totally out of the mould (literally).

and i cant WAIT to get my mits on them.

apart from tourstage 905 last year.. theres not a heck of a lot u can do with blades.

but im gonna wait to see them i nth flesh first

now....................,

if only tourstage re-do the 905 with steroids!

I think the tour design is nice but a little too many wordings on the back.

The clean look of the Epon Personals and AFTours have us a bit spoiled....

I think the tour model looks great, not at all fond of the non tour.

the tour model look like they have some technology packed in them.

First thing will be to remove the paintfil.... that will change the look quickly.

There is a bit too much writing on the blade but it's their fault for having such a long name

Yamaha Inpres X V Forged Tour Model - all that is on there! (Yamaha on the neck I presume as usual).

I think its shape is quite nice..

post-8383-0-22750600-1352707471.jpg

so 47 * loft pw id guess. thats good .

v forged paint fill OUT.

tour model paint fill OUT

black yamaha emblem and inpres x ....

yea jeff ill have to get em bent 1* at least id think

Edited by supo67

The blades are 27* 5 iron and 60.5* lie (PW 62.5*!)so reasonably flat I would say?

i play 1-2* flat from most standard specs so these look pretty good. and the loft (if consistent throughout the set) is right between strong/modern and traditional lofts. did we get a price point yet?

i play 1-2* flat from most standard specs so these look pretty good. and the loft (if consistent throughout the set) is right between strong/modern and traditional lofts. did we get a price point yet?

Price has been on the first post since this thread was made... we've been taking orders since then.

They are almost sold out and most likely will be soon now that they are officially announced.

Another shot of the wedge... this is more clean...

post-8383-0-03984800-1352707809.jpg

The wedges are absolutely beautiful. Simple, clean, they mean business.

I for one really like to the tourmodel and am thinking do I need another set of blades. hmmm I think hell yeah.

T, are you stillopen to orders?

Stew, how are you going to dress these pretty ladies Any idea on shaft? Or will it be another chapter for your book shaft testing your trials and tribulations? ;-)

Don't suppose you have any spare monacos lying around?

I for one really like to the tourmodel and am thinking do I need another set of blades. hmmm I think hell yeah.

Stew, how are you going to dress these pretty ladies Any idea on shaft? Or will it be another chapter for your book shaft testing your trials and tribulations? ;-)

Alex, you can still order but I don't know how much longer the irons will last... they were 75% sold out before the annoucement even so email me if you need... or should I say want... (^_^)

I think the overall shape is nice but as a few people have mentioned there are too many words on the back to spoil the look a little. I'd still game either one though as I do like blades :tsg_smiley_drool:

The wedges are a different story. They look sharp. Very clean looking and much better looking than the previous wedges.

I definitely like the drivers. I think I favour the Tour model over the adjustable model. Can't wait for Tario's review and some beautiful in hand piccies!

Edited by Ian-500

The wording on the back makes no difference to me. Performance is what matters and really the only time I study the rear is when I open the box day one and when I see then when taking my bag from the truck of a club from my bag.

If I am judging looks, I like the tour model better than non tour.

A blade is limited to simple designs however I am confident that Yamaha knows what they are doing. Advertised add a blade with the forgiveness of a cavity back. Sign me up.

Feel. Can't imagine. Endo forged, Yamaha design.

The lofts will take getting used to.

Bring them on. When do they ship?

Tour Model Specs and pics below.

My translator says the following:

• Center of gravity and weighting has created forgiveness of CB.
  • Smaller head than previous models.
  • More grooves spaced closer is helping spin control

post-7946-0-34402300-1352721925.jpg

<# 3> # 4 # 5 # 6 # 7 # 8 # 9 PW Loft angle (°) 21 24 27 Thirty 34 38 42 46 Lie angle (°) Sixty 60.25 60.5 60.75 61 61.5 62 62.5 Structure Forged mild steel (S20C) Shaft Dynamic Gold (S200) Shaft weight (g) 118 Tone shaft Yuan Club length (inches) 38.5 38 37.5 37 36.5 36 35.5 35 Balance D2 Club weight (g) 418 424 430 437 444 451 459 467

Tour Model Specs and pics below.

My translator says the following:

• Center of gravity and weighting has created forgiveness of CB.
  • Smaller head than previous models.
  • More grooves spaced closer is helping spin control

post-7946-0-34402300-1352721925.jpg

Thats exactly how I described them... smaller than the cavity but with CG and forgiveness similar to the CB model.

Workability and added spin control due to the grooves and changed milling pattern

I think they look great and I am glad they are not chrome. (^_^)

well.. im thinking ill put a set of NS protos in them. not sure of weight of the head il talk that over with my club sensei...

but modus 3 already go ver ywell in yamaha heads.. so theres a good chance it will be siliar to that

well.. im thinking ill put a set of NS protos in them. not sure of weight of the head il talk that over with my club sensei...

but modus 3 already go ver ywell in yamaha heads.. so theres a good chance it will be siliar to that

I am putting modus 3. Head weight must be high because with the S200 at a 37.5" 5 iron, the swing weight is D2. Normally they have a chart on their website that shows specs when custom built, but I don't see it yet.

They look outstanding to me.