nippon BLUE modus 3 limited any info? (pic inside)

604_skyline

Oh I like those bad Boys!

Geotech has this limited edition campaign on their site.

You have to buy a Regio Formula wood shaft together with the iron shafts as a package.

No spec difference. Just different color.

If I remember correctly there were release for the Japan market only. Apart from color wise, the specs are the same from what I gather...

if specs the same, i find the red cooler!

kinda oxymoronish there C… Would that make the blue hotter?

I have the Nippon modus3 blue limited edition (LE) + Regio formula. I guess they are being sold as a combo??

The blue LE that I have is 111g Reg flex - installed this in my 2012 Yamaha Tour iron and love them. It makes the Yammy more playable and easier to hit now than when it had the original shaft modus3 Red in Stiff flex.

The config changes were the shaft weight and flex, and the Swing Weight (SW).

modus3 blue LE - Reg 111g, SW D2

modus3 red - 115g Stiff, SW D4

I think the blue is cooler and the red color is hotter - go figure what appeals you most :)

I have the Nippon modus3 blue limited edition (LE) + Regio formula. I guess they are being sold as a combo??

The blue LE that I have is 111g Reg flex - installed this in my 2012 Yamaha Tour iron and love them. It makes the Yammy more playable and easier to hit now than when it had the original shaft modus3 Red in Stiff flex.

I think the blue is cooler and the red color is hotter - go figure what appeals you most :)

Are you saying the blue does have spec differences when compared to the red?

Are you saying the blue does have spec differences when compared to the red?

He is playing different flexes between the cool red and hot blue… So I believe the R flex is lighter than the S flex, has nothing to do with paint color...

Chris, I'd like to think that there is but can't tell if there is any apart from the color. I'm fine with the original Modus3 in Stiff flex but my club maker suggested a Reg flex because I'm hitting my irons relatively slower than my woods. Why the iron got better with the Nippon blue LE maybe this was due to the lower SW, flex, and weight.

Chris, I'd like to think that there is but can't tell if there is any apart from the color. I'm fine with the original Modus3 in Stiff flex but my club maker suggested a Reg flex because I'm hitting my irons relatively slower than my woods. Why the iron got better with the Nippon blue LE maybe this was due to the lower SW, flex, and weight.

Thanks yes that makes sense, different flex has slightly different weights.

the cool blue never came out in regular flex.

so i guess the blue is nspros answer in R FLEX

You mean cool 'red' never came out in regular flex??

4 grams shaft weight could not go from D2 to D4

Same specs. I asked Tatsuro about getting some and he mentioned it was a no go at the time.

Geotech is offering them as mentioned previously, but you end with the Regio shaft as well (which I have no interest in). Might have to bite the bullet anyways...

4 grams shaft weight could not go from D2 to D4

D4 to D2 was adjusted by the club maker with weight insert, both setup have tip weight insert.

No spec differences between blue and red modus3, its color only.

I will add the limited editions this weekend to the shop but they must be purchase with the Regio Formula shaft as well... seems like a pretty good shaft.

Can't wait to pick up a cheap Regio Formula shaft on BST for all those wanters of the hot blue Modus 3...

They are officially available through us now.

http://www.golftoimpress.com/nippon-shaft-limited-blue-edition-modus3-and-regio-formula-package/

A pretty good deal considering the Regio Formula looks to be a good high modulus shaft, and made in Japan at Nippon Shaft.

There are limited numbers but we can get at least a handful of sets.