Re-introducing S-Yard – The Rebirth of a Premium Brand and the T.388 Driver

gocchin

I need Steve's job

While some of the perks are nice, being a world renowned gigolo comes with its share of pitfalls too.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C, I think you should consider a slightly softer and higher launch shaft for your dad. The loft would make some difference but I think the flex and kick point would be the key. I find that i could use a slightly softer flex with this particular driver for my ss and age.

I may be getting rid of mine soon FYI, it's a mint 10.5 with stock stiff shaft.

While I did enjoy it, For MY game it's a shoot out between the Ryoma ST, George Spirits 450 DAT55, & Romaro 460HX.

Also moving on from the Personals to the 13 ONOFF Forged with C-Tapers.

I may be getting rid of mine soon FYI, it's a mint 10.5 with stock stiff shaft. While I did enjoy it, For MY game it's a shoot out between the Ryoma ST, George Spirits 450 DAT55, & Romaro 460HX. Also moving on from the Personals to the 13 ONOFF Forged with C-Tapers.

I think you will find the 460HX will very pleasantly surprise? Gold or Black. I dare say, with the right shaft, the 460HX black will out carry, out roll and overall outdrive even your non-conforming Ryoma ST and I know that is a tall order. As this is the T.388 thread, for me, the 460HX Black is just plain longer on all counts than the T.388.

Have fun with the shoot out!

C, I think you should consider a slightly softer and higher launch shaft for your dad. The loft would make some difference but I think the flex and kick point would be the key. I find that i could use a slightly softer flex with this particular driver for my ss and age.

thinking a fex 55. he already has one.

<p>

I may be getting rid of mine soon FYI, it's a mint 10.5 with stock stiff shaft. While I did enjoy it, For MY game it's a shoot out between the Ryoma ST, George Spirits 450 DAT55, & Romaro 460HX. Also moving on from the Personals to the 13 ONOFF Forged with C-Tapers.
</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<div>I think you will find the 460HX will very pleasantly surprise? Gold or Black.  I dare say, with the right shaft, the 460HX black will out carry, out roll and overall outdrive even your non-conforming Ryoma ST and I know that is a tall order.  As this is the T.388 thread, for me, the 460HX Black is just plain longer on all counts than the T.388. </div>

<div> </div>

<div>Have fun with the shoot out!</div>

...Also moving on from the Personals to the 13 ONOFF Forged with C-Tapers.

you've seen me get beat up around here for liking the c-tapers...right???

They seem to work for me and I've got recoils, monacos, modus, KB tours.

I think having so many shaft options has increased my scores so I'm looking forward to settling into the C-Tapers.... Fingers crossed again :)

They seem to work for me and I've got recoils, monacos, modus, KB tours.

I think having so many shaft options has increased my scores so I'm looking forward to settling into the C-Tapers.... Fingers crossed again :)

thinking about testing the recoils...how would you compare them to the c-tapers?

thinking about testing the recoils...how would you compare them to the c-tapers?

I've been away so not enough time with either one.

I'm putting a new set of recoils in my George Spirits Mono 3D irons.

you've seen me get beat up around here for liking the c-tapers...right???

You don't get beat up for playing C-Tapers, we just beat up the product as it seems to be the antithesis of a lot of what we like JDM for. (Soft, feel, refinement, etc.) :) To each his own....

You don't get beat up for playing C-Tapers, we just beat up the product as it seems to be the antithesis of a lot of what we like JDM for. (Soft, feel, refinement, etc.) :) To each his own....

that's the thing, for me the c-tapers bring out all those attributes you just listed. i've tried a lot of premium shafts in several sets of top shelf jdm clubs and so far nothing feels as good or performs better than c-tapers.

Guess that's why they say feel is subjective. Wouldn't be much golf equipment discussion if everyone liked the same thing. P

that's the thing, for me the c-tapers bring out all those attributes you just listed. i've tried a lot of premium shafts in several sets of top shelf jdm clubs and so far nothing feels as good or performs better than c-tapers.

+1 and I did read what was said about them in the forum here. Then I noticed the Labo dept has been building a lot of the new 13 Forged with them and quite a few of our non posting customers were emailing in that it was the best combo they have had. I took the leap and noticed improved consistency in results over the short period of time these have been in the bag, The rewarding soft delicious head feel has not been compromised at all and it keeps the trajectory in check for me.

My brother has C tapers in his set of PRGR TR500 blades and they feel lush and are ultra well-behaved irons. Beautiful clubs to play in windy conditions - knock-downs so easy!

Today I tested S-Yard T.388 in Regio Formula for the 2nd time. The result was very good. Got proper launch angle with my normal swing, and the distance was a bit further comparing to that from stock shaft. The best thing is I still got the same feeling from this head.

Maybe stock SR shaft was tad too stiff for me. I hit the XT Hi-Cor in R2 flex and felt I liked it. Maybe I post T.388 in BST again and buy the XT conforming version. Hmm, searching for holy grail is kinda fun.

Mark

Today I tested S-Yard T.388 in Regio Formula for the 2nd time. The result was very good. Got proper launch angle with my normal swing, and the distance was a bit further comparing to that from stock shaft. The best thing is I still got the same feeling from this head.

Maybe stock SR shaft was tad too stiff for me. I hit the XT Hi-Cor in R2 flex and felt I liked it. Maybe I post T.388 in BST again and buy the XT conforming version. Hmm, searching for holy grail is kinda fun.

Mark

Mark I love the S-Yard XT and its feel... it has already knocked Ryoma out of my bag.

The quality of the driver it self is so high and the feel fantastic. I never thought anything could out carry the Ryoma but the XT does.

T, I found nowhere mentioning about the shaft flex to pick regarding HS. For 90MPH, which flex?

Also you use the XT or XT Hi-Cor? Thanks.

Mark

Mark I love the S-Yard XT and its feel... it has already knocked Ryoma out of my bag.

The quality of the driver it self is so high and the feel fantastic. I never thought anything could out carry the Ryoma but the XT does.

T, I found nowhere mentioning about the shaft flex to pick regarding HS. For 90MPH, which flex?

Also you use the XT or XT Hi-Cor? Thanks.

Mark

I have both here.

I gamed the hi Cor on Monday and it was the Speed Type with 46" Tour AD shaft.

I used R-1 and thought it might be soft (I am 90mph) but it was just right. I out drove both my playing partners on quite a few holes and they both swing over 100mph.

So the xt was designed by Kobayashi san while he was still at Epon? I think the XT was out at least a year now.

Edited by Duffer19

Yes it came out last year and was designed by Kobayashi-san FOR S-Yard at the time Kobayashi-san was still at Endo.

Endo had two "meister" designers that did designing or contributed and worked with brand design teams. Kobayashi-san was one of them and he did all S-Yard designs.

Of course now S-Yard is his own brand.

Anyone play the S-Yard GT Type S Forged CB?

It's a K.K design, Hit it then compare to the AF302, It's the same setup, the same amazing feel but with a better sole grind and at a much better price.

Can you pls write up comparison among T.388, XT, and XT Hi-Cor? Also the shafts. I know they differ in weight and length, but how really each shaft produces the result. Saw Hi-Cor price drops. Really tempting now.

Mark

• 1 month later...