New blades, but which ones

gto

Howdy folks, need to buy a second (actually 3rd) set of irons (leaving 2 sets in Az).

I'm looking at the Yamaha V Tour forged, Yonex Ezone MB, Titleist MB, and I also like the Romaro Pro forged blade and the Yururi Raw flat back blade.

These would be shafted with Aerotech 95's or 115's.

I like thin toplines, minimal offset and the smaller the head the better it looks to my eye.

I've only hit the Titleist MB and if they would have sold them to me heads only I would have bought them.

Any info would be appreciated.

Yamaha or Romaro. I can tell you all about the Yamaha.

Yururi and RomaRo for me. Love the Yururi wedges. Plus they're both Kyoei for forgings I believe. Hit some Kyoei the other day and they were awesome.

i've hit the titleists, ezones, and yururis and while the first two are good, the yururis win hands down over these.

Can't speak to the size of the Yururi, but I have a thread in here with some compare shots of the Miura BB, Tourstage 905, and the RomaRo Pro.

The RomaRo Pro gets my vote. You also might consider the newly Posted TourStage blades 909 I believe...

As spoon said, wait for the Japan golf show to end as they'll be a few new blades/muscle backs launched.

The new X-Blades sure do look the part but like most TS irons they are a bit on the firm side when it comes to feel at impact.

The new Fourteen is cast but feels soft for a casting also it's not available till summer.

Honma Tour World felt good, not Epon or Miura good but still excellent off the face

We also have a cool new option called Buchi, It's made in Japan and the best part is you can adjust the offset by 1mm in either direction, the stamping can be customized as well as some other subtle grind features.

What about the Miuraism SB-01's? Expensive, but everything you want. Teeny head, virtually no offset, razor-thin top line. They supposedly use their best materials for these. And if they feel better than the Baby Blades, which are the exact same spec's, they should be as good as anything anywhere.

I'll be putting up a post comparing some of the currently available and to be available blades so we can look a the designs, and materials side by side as well as the shapes and offset.

I'll be putting up a post comparing some of the currently available and to be available blades so we can look a the designs, and materials side by side as well as the shapes and offset.

Chop chop… Don't care if you're tired, get on that….

:tsg_smiley_hitler:

:tsg_smiley_hitler:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahaaahhahahaha

cudnt be said any better...!

:tsg_smiley_hitler:/>

+2

:)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

another blade runner...,

miura............ ism stand alone for all over perfection in his range.

theres a brillinat post by a member ara selia a while back that showed the best comparion on his irons. so i wont even try and go there just read his post is in a class of its own. maybe somone(everyone) more tech savy than i can post this again ,its well worth a read

tourstage............. all blades form TS are top of the pops for performance. all very thin top line , tiny off set. all made for the best ball strikes , bec the sweet spot isnt what ud call big. but lie another spot we all seek (?) when its found the smile u get .well its the golfing equivalent. the feel as chris mentioned is much firmer than the other names. noticebly so.

the 2011 model 905 x-blades were ( are ) the best set of blades for design ive ever seen. and they paly like they look, just firm...............

yonex ezone..................... i took these out today. tiny head ,thinest top line ,slightyl longer blades ala the yamaha look, but super aggressive to hit to a minisule spot. where ever that may be. like the yururi flatbacks, u wont be breaking any distabce records with them, and like the tourstage they are abit firmer , but these are made my kyoei. these dont appeal to a lot of guys. but theones that aply them know they are the realdeal for scoroing. agaian if ur after soft as a babies bum blades . these aint them. but they are right in my best sets. they are actualy easier to play than a lot of others despits thier size and thickness.

yururi covered.

srixon.............. the new blades not sure of thier name are rediculously soft. simialr design to the romaro but slightly differnt.

these re as soft as the epons but they kinda lack some oomph that sperates them . or rather distinguishes them.

the old pro -100 from a few years back have a better differntiation than he new ones. and the are easier to play. i prefer the older ones to the new.

yamaha....... plenty of info already on current threads there.

mizuno, ull ahve to ask mizzzy guys. not played them enough to formulate an opinion of worth.

epon af tour....................simplest blades ever made . end of story.

There's that fantastic post from Ari about the different Miura sizes. I wish I knew somebody that has owned or played those SB-02's besides a 25-cap. They look identical to the Baby Blade/SB-01 but just a hair larger. Same square and sharp toe, love that shape! The MB-5003 and Tournament Blade are identical except for sole grind?

There's that fantastic post from Ari about the different Miura sizes. I wish I knew somebody that has owned or played those SB-02's besides a 25-cap. They look identical to the Baby Blade/SB-01 but just a hair larger. Same square and sharp toe, love that shape! The MB-5003 and Tournament Blade are identical except for sole grind?

me , they were mine.

best of the miura range.

the sb-02 are thinner longer sharper tools the sb-01 are fuller thicker versions. ( i think thats theright) way round...)

played both for a decent time.

i originally preferd the 02s for some strange reason. then went back to the 01s. just didnt have them set up quite how i liked.

found the 5002 and i kinda hit them better, so i playing them now.

buti think the sb-01 are the mack daddies. feel of them is incredible.

me , they were mine.

best of the miura range.

the sb-02 are thinner longer sharper tools the sb-01 are fuller thicker versions. ( i think thats theright) way round...)

played both for a decent time.

i originally preferd the 02s for some strange reason. then went back to the 01s. just didnt have them set up quite how i liked.

found the 5002 and i kinda hit them better, so i playing them now.

buti think the sb-01 are the mack daddies. feel of them is incredible.

Aren't the SB-01's and the LE 1957 blades (baby blades) the same thing? Same exact sizes, maybe a different grind? I've thought about pulling the trigger on the SB-02's, just can't get around all the stamping and one of the guys at TSG said they won't do it any differently.

The new Cobra AMP Cell Pro MB which are due to be released very soon may well be exactly what you are looking for, I currently play the Cobra S3 Pro but I have also played the Titleist 712 MB and the Cobra AMP Cell Pro MB definately have a more compact headsize than either of those.

Although that the standard setup for these irons will be a flow set (combo), a full set of MBs will also be available as a custom option.

http://golf wrx/63795/2013-cobra-amp-cell-pro-irons/

Edited by JOHNC69